PDA

View Full Version : does any one know where the 1st burnet playoff game is....

1team1dream
11-05-2003, 10:28 PM
sorry sorry i know its a little early, but i just wanted to know if anyone knew who burnet was playing the first round of the playoffs and where the game is going to be played.oh yeah and thats cool about "primetime live" :D

PAINTBALL
11-05-2003, 10:32 PM
It looks like Somerset in San Marcos on Friday night.

olddawggreen
11-05-2003, 10:53 PM
Paintball didnt we play these guys in the Alamo Dome last year or am I thinking of someone else?

olddawggreen
11-05-2003, 10:54 PM
Paintball didnt we play these guys in the Alamo Dome last year or am I thinking of someone else?

weatherag07
11-05-2003, 11:00 PM
We did play them in the Alamodome. I'm kinda surprised that the game might be in San Marcos...where exactly is Somerset?

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-05-2003, 11:03 PM
Somerset is south of San Antonio off of I 35.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

olddawggreen
11-05-2003, 11:04 PM
I think its south west of San Antonio. I figured Shipley would choose the Alamo Dome if given the chance.

Bandera YaYa
11-05-2003, 11:12 PM
Why?? Isn't the San MArcos stadium good?

olddawggreen
11-05-2003, 11:17 PM
Bandera YaYa:
Why?? Isn't the San MArcos stadium good?Yes San Marcos is great, Im a SWT alumni and would love to play there, but I got the impression last year that Shipley pefered the Alamo Dome if he could get it, maybe because it is indoors and weather wouldnt be a problem. And we still have all those shoes we had to buy last year to play there.

AggieJohn
11-06-2003, 03:46 PM
olddawggreen:
I think its south west of San Antonio. I figured Shipley would choose the Alamo Dome if given the chance.wait is jordan shipley's dad the head coach or does this WR just have that much pull in a town

CentralTxFan
11-06-2003, 03:48 PM
Jordan Shipley's dad is Bob Shipley, Burnet CISD Atheletic director and Head football coach.

CentralTxFan
11-06-2003, 03:49 PM
Explayer2001 check your pm please

crzyjournalist03
11-06-2003, 03:49 PM
wait...Burnet's going to the playoffs??? :cool:

PAINTBALL
11-06-2003, 04:31 PM
olddawggreen:
I think its south west of San Antonio. I figured Shipley would choose the Alamo Dome if given the chance.From what I heard, the kids complained about how hard the turf was and some boosters were upset because the Alamo Dome wouldn't even let them park up close to unload the tunnel and the programs. These had to be toted all the way from the parking lot. The kids loved the field at San Marcos and they didn't deny a single request for convience and even helped unload the tunnel. That's just what I've heard.

jason
11-06-2003, 04:59 PM
explayer2001:

olddawggreen:
I think its south west of San Antonio. I figured Shipley would choose the Alamo Dome if given the chance.wait is jordan shipley's dad the head coach or does this WR just have that much pull in a townu sure dont know a whole lot about 3A High School Football do you... :rolleyes:

PAINTBALL
11-06-2003, 05:05 PM
jason:

explayer2001:

olddawggreen:
I think its south west of San Antonio. I figured Shipley would choose the Alamo Dome if given the chance.wait is jordan shipley's dad the head coach or does this WR just have that much pull in a townu sure dont know a whole lot about 3A High School Football do you... :rolleyes: Again thank you explayer2001. Looks like jason may leave the Burnet posters alone for a while. Whatever you do, don't remove your picture.

jason
11-06-2003, 05:07 PM
PAINTBALL:

jason:

explayer2001:

olddawggreen:
I think its south west of San Antonio. I figured Shipley would choose the Alamo Dome if given the chance.wait is jordan shipley's dad the head coach or does this WR just have that much pull in a townu sure dont know a whole lot about 3A High School Football do you... :rolleyes: Again thank you explayer2001. Looks like jason may leave the Burnet posters alone for a while. Whatever you do, don't remove your picture.you're soo next paintball...im soo gonna get you... :D :D :D you know i dont hate on burnet fans...maybe some of the high school kids from there, but not the ones i have respect for...

PAINTBALL
11-06-2003, 05:28 PM
jason:

PAINTBALL:

jason:

explayer2001:

olddawggreen:
I think its south west of San Antonio. I figured Shipley would choose the Alamo Dome if given the chance.wait is jordan shipley's dad the head coach or does this WR just have that much pull in a townu sure dont know a whole lot about 3A High School Football do you... :rolleyes: Again thank you explayer2001. Looks like jason may leave the Burnet posters alone for a while. Whatever you do, don't remove your picture.you're soo next paintball...im soo gonna get you... :D :D :D you know i dont hate on burnet fans...maybe some of the high school kids from there, but not the ones i have respect for...And those highschool kids are our highschool kids who we love and support. We Burnet adults don't pick on the Forney highschool kids, so leave ours alone. I'm a big guy sooo coooome on, but leave our kids alone you big bully.

jason
11-06-2003, 05:36 PM
PAINTBALL:

jason:

PAINTBALL:

jason:

explayer2001:

olddawggreen:
I think its south west of San Antonio. I figured Shipley would choose the Alamo Dome if given the chance.wait is jordan shipley's dad the head coach or does this WR just have that much pull in a townu sure dont know a whole lot about 3A High School Football do you... :rolleyes: Again thank you explayer2001. Looks like jason may leave the Burnet posters alone for a while. Whatever you do, don't remove your picture.you're soo next paintball...im soo gonna get you... :D :D :D you know i dont hate on burnet fans...maybe some of the high school kids from there, but not the ones i have respect for...And those highschool kids are our highschool kids who we love and support. We Burnet adults don't pick on the Forney highschool kids, so leave ours alone. I'm a big guy sooo coooome on, but leave our kids alone you big bully.forney doesnt have any high school kids on here...and im a big guy too...ask hotdawg, or big19, or espn...

BurnetBandRules
11-06-2003, 05:40 PM
Can we talk about where the Play-off game is going to be and NOT about who is bigger and a bully! LOL Come on guys! I rarely EVER see this happen to any other posts started on the forum! Where is the game going to be played!!!!!!!

PAINTBALL
11-06-2003, 05:49 PM
BurnetBandRules:
Can we talk about where the Play-off game is going to be and NOT about who is bigger and a bully! LOL Come on guys! I rarely EVER see this happen to any other posts started on the forum! Where is the game going to be played!!!!!!!Very mature of you BurnetBand Rules. Friday in San Marcos against Somerset

CentralTxFan
11-06-2003, 05:53 PM
Is there a time yet?

sharpie
11-06-2003, 05:55 PM
What do you guys make of Somerset? They were pretty impressive against NB Canyon in a 28-14 loss. I think they are better than LH. Not to say that they will give Burnet any trouble, but do you think they are underrated?

PAINTBALL
11-06-2003, 05:58 PM
CentralTxFan:
Is there a time yet?Either 7:30 or 8:00. Hasn't been set yet.

PAINTBALL
11-06-2003, 06:04 PM
sharpie:
What do you guys make of Somerset? They were pretty impressive against NB Canyon in a 28-14 loss. I think they are better than LH. Not to say that they will give Burnet any trouble, but do you think they are underrated?Last year they ran the opening kickoff of the game back for a touchdown. Talk about scaring the wahoo out of about 8,000 fans. We settled down and handled them o.k. I wouldn't say easy, because McGee had to scramble all night. If he had been injured like the Everman game, it might have ended right there. Thank goodness we didn't have to find out. If they are as good as last year they have a chance to give Burnet a good game. We'll see.

CentralTxFan
11-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Thanks Paintball. I remember the kicker they had last year. He was GOOD. Wonder if it is still the same kid, seem to remember he was only a sophmore last year...unless I am thinking wrong.

sharpie
11-06-2003, 06:07 PM
At least your realistic paintball. I think that Somerset plays a totally different game that Burnet will be used to playing against. Somerset is a good team, too bad they have to face Burnet first

olddog73
11-07-2003, 07:08 PM
At this point I think we have to consider all teams to be extremely talanted. Respect them all and tale it one at a time.

AggieJohn
11-08-2003, 11:54 AM
CentralTxFan:
Jordan Shipley's dad is Bob Shipley, Burnet CISD Atheletic director and Head football coach.that's studly...no all i really know about burnet is that they have shipley, mcgee, and a couple of other stud players going D1 next year

PAINTBALL
11-08-2003, 11:58 AM
CORRECTION Burnet lost the toss, so the game is Saturday night at 6:00 in San Marcos. Sorry for prior bad information.

olddawggreen
11-08-2003, 10:06 PM
Saturday at 6:00 definatly works better for me!

1team1dream
11-08-2003, 10:19 PM
well....san marcos here we come i hope somerset is ready for us! :D

Chris Hart
11-08-2003, 11:18 PM
On the contrary, I hope they're not ready for us. Somerset IMO, is an underrated team that is pretty dangerous. I hope the Burnet team keeps that in mind.

<small>[ November 08, 2003, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>