PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With This Board?

Ozzy
11-13-2003, 10:11 AM
The football-related topics are growing fewer and fewer. The stupid polls, idiotic observances, and off-the-wall posts are growing rampant. When someone posts a genuinely sporting topic, it gets driven several pages deep by posts not worthy of even opening. Come on people, let's talk some FOOTBALL!

PPHSfan
11-13-2003, 10:17 AM
OK,

Hey Ozzy have you ever bit the head off of a Live Quarterback?

PPHSfan
11-13-2003, 10:19 AM
And by the way.

If you looked at my "A Much Better Soda Poll" you would have realized that it was making fun of the fact that there was such a stupid poll.

kaorder1999
11-13-2003, 10:26 AM
i'm tired of the crap too...

Ranger Mom
11-13-2003, 10:28 AM
Oh Ozzy, Ozzy Ozzy.....

Someone said the exact thing a couple of days ago, and I went back and looked at the first page - all but 3 posts were directly related to football. I don't think the frivilous posts are taking over - YET!!!

Ozzy
11-13-2003, 10:29 AM
PPHSfan:
OK,

Hey Ozzy have you ever bit the head off of a Live Quarterback?Just when I was in college playing South Carolina.

Ozzy
11-13-2003, 10:36 AM
dang it. there i go, making a stupid post. i guess i should be looking in a mirror. that dadgum finger is pointing right back at me. :confused:

coiled2strike
11-13-2003, 10:37 AM
shouldn't that be handled by our trusty moderators

Sittin' Fastball
11-13-2003, 10:50 AM
I'm tired of all this crapola too. I joined DL b/c I had heard that this was a hotbed for 3A football info, not some forum where all they do is make up gay songs about iguanas and crap like that. Lets talk PLAYOFF ball baby! :mad: :mad:

Rabbit'93
11-13-2003, 11:00 AM
you can only post "so-and-so vs so-and-so: what's your prediction?" so many times. Oh and my favorite one lately. Burnet will win State. Theres enough for everyone on here.

Ranger Mom
11-13-2003, 11:01 AM
Sittin' Fastball:
I'm tired of all this crapola too. I joined DL b/c I had heard that this was a hotbed for 3A football info, not some forum where all they do is make up gay songs about iguanas and crap like that. Lets talk PLAYOFF ball baby! :mad: :mad: Hey!!! My song was directly about Merkel and Greenwood!!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Phil C
11-13-2003, 11:03 AM
It's disgraceful!!

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-13-2003, 11:25 AM
Hi Rabbit93,
Somebody just made a mistake posting that, we haven't won state, we haven't whipped Forney yet.
LOL!!
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

noitall
11-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Totally agree. It's football season folks!!!

CowboyFan
11-13-2003, 07:11 PM
Yea there are a few non-football related topic, but I know at the moment there are only 2 or 3 really non related topics on the board... make a post about football, if you want more on there... I'm sick of all the burnet stuff, not tring to make neone mad but I constantly see posts like who will burnet play for state, I've seen like 3 of those! Burnets good but dose it down abit guys!

sinton66
11-13-2003, 07:17 PM
LMAO! Ozzy, whatcha gonna do with that chicken? :D :D :D

olddawggreen
11-13-2003, 07:25 PM
CowboyFan:
Yea there are a few non-football related topic, but I know at the moment there are only 2 or 3 really non related topics on the board... make a post about football, if you want more on there... I'm sick of all the burnet stuff, not tring to make neone mad but I constantly see posts like who will burnet play for state, I've seen like 3 of those! Burnets good but dose it down abit guys!A lot of those topics about Burnet are not started by Burnet posters. I agree it gets old. It seems like there are some pretty good football topics on here on the days the games are being played and shortly after, the rest is mostly fluff while every one is waiting on the next weekend. I love the football topics, but also enjoy some of the other topics that come around in between.

PPHSfan
11-14-2003, 12:56 AM
Sittin' Fastball:
I'm tired of all this crapola too. I joined DL b/c I had heard that this was a hotbed for 3A football info, not some forum where all they do is make up gay songs about iguanas and crap like that. Lets talk PLAYOFF ball baby! :mad: :mad: Would you like your money back?
Oh, wait a minute, this site didn't charge you to "join" way back last week when you showed up did it?

crunkandfocused
11-14-2003, 03:30 AM
Yo Ozzy. I suggested earlier in the year that the board admins make seperate forums and stuff. Like a forum for JUST 3A football, a general discussion forum, etc. but it just fell on deaf ears. The admins said something to the effect of, "We like it how it is now. It is a community and making other forums would just take away from that." I don't see how that is. I mean, it is reall annoying to scroll though 5 pages of idiotic NON football banter just to find the one thread I am looking for, when I could find it so much quicker if the boards had sepereate forums for seperate kinds of discussion. Oh well though, the admins seem set in their ways. Just my 2 cents.

SintonFan
11-14-2003, 03:51 AM
crunkandfocused:
Yo Ozzy. I suggested earlier in the year that the board admins make seperate forums and stuff. Like a forum for JUST 3A football, a general discussion forum, etc. but it just fell on deaf ears. The admins said something to the effect of, "We like it how it is now. It is a community and making other forums would just take away from that." I don't see how that is. I mean, it is reall annoying to scroll though 5 pages of idiotic NON football banter just to find the one thread I am looking for, when I could find it so much quicker if the boards had sepereate forums for seperate kinds of discussion. Oh well though, the admins seem set in their ways. Just my 2 cents.What are going to do in the offseason? Seriously...
Many of us who have been here awhile have other things to talk about besides football. We've developed relationships amongst this family of posters.
BTW, what does that photo of that chicken have to do with football, Ozzy? :D :p http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/fragend/confused-smiley-017.gif

<small>[ November 14, 2003, 02:52 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

crunkandfocused
11-14-2003, 04:17 AM
Ok. You aren't undersanding me. There would be a SEPERATE FORUM for GENERAL DISCUSSION. You know when you go to this page &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; http://bbs.3adownlow.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; There are links to go to 3A Football Discussion, 3A Coaching Jobs Board, and Suggestions Etc. Each one of those is a different FORUM. Well in addition to those FORUMS, I propose that something like a General Discussion forum be added. As well as any other forums that may be necessary. It doesn't have to be "general discussion" just whatever. You say, "What are we going to do in the off season?" Well how about posting in the general discussion forum!? It's not like it would be open ONLY during football season. Nothing would stop you from posting in that forum anytime of the year, unless for some reason the board admins decided to block/close the forum. I just think it would make things a lot easier on everyone, and it would also generate more over all discussion.

<small>[ November 14, 2003, 04:09 AM: Message edited by: crunkandfocused ]</small>

SintonFan
11-14-2003, 05:24 AM
Take it up with administrators.
You say, ""I propose that something like a General Discussion forum be added. As well as any other forums that may be necessary. It doesn't have to be "general discussion" just whatever.""
I say that would make this forum just like the other forums. It would take away from this forum's uniqueness.
You say, "Well you how about posting in the general discussion forum!? It's not like it would be open ONLY during football season. Nothing would stop you from posting in that forum anytime of the year, unless for some reason the board admins decided to block/close the forum. I just think it would make things a lot easier on everyone, and it would also generate more over all discussion."
I think it would reduce overall discussion. Many people won't flip back and forth between boards and discussions.

Ozzy
11-14-2003, 09:36 AM
SintonFan:

BTW, what does that photo of that chicken have to do with football, Ozzy? :D :p http//www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/fragend/confused-smiley-017.gifIt's called irony. I made a stupid post about stupid posts.

Get it?

The chicken is the closest thing I could find to a gobbler.

Sittin' Fastball
11-14-2003, 10:24 AM
pphsfan, I never said I PAID to join. And by "join" I mean became involved, was added to, partake in a given activity, chose to follow.

espn1
11-14-2003, 10:39 AM
http://home.hiwaay.net/~thefanns/images/bcrawl.jpg
We Have to nip it! Nip it nip it nip it! In the bud!

sinton66
11-14-2003, 10:49 AM
Now THAT'S funny! wink

Ranger Mom
11-14-2003, 11:46 AM
Sittin' Fastball:
I'm tired of all this crapola too. I joined DL b/c I had heard that this was a hotbed for 3A football info, not some forum where all they do is make up gay songs about iguanas and crap like that. Lets talk PLAYOFF ball baby! :mad: :mad: It's funny that you say that and then post the below in another thread.

Sittin' Fastball
Scrub
Member # 3790

Rate Member posted November 13, 2003 12:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ranger mom, shouldn't you be in the kitchen baking some gingerbread cookies or something?