PDA

View Full Version : I'm hearing WOS vs LaVega, Aug 28th in Madisonville

WOS1
07-29-2020, 03:37 PM
Should be a good one.

Yoe_09
07-29-2020, 04:26 PM
Wow. Madisonville has a large home side but extremely small visiting seating. Wonder if they will just split the home side due to restrictions.

bwdlionfan
07-29-2020, 07:32 PM
Wow. Madisonville has a large home side but extremely small visiting seating. Wonder if they will just split the home side due to restrictions.

Does La Vega travel? I've only seen them in person once, this past year in Brownwood and their crowd was pretty meager for a top 10 matchup.

d0tc0m
07-30-2020, 08:15 AM
Wow. What a marquee week one matchup. That will give both teams a nice, early gauge of where they're at.

Bosqueville
07-30-2020, 08:23 AM
Does La Vega travel? I've only seen them in person once, this past year in Brownwood and their crowd was pretty meager for a top 10 matchup.

Trust me, La Vega does not travel well. If the game is local like China Spring they will turn out. If any travel is involved then they stay home. A lot of it is economics unfortunately.

Yoe_09
07-30-2020, 08:49 AM
Trust me, La Vega does not travel well. If the game is local like China Spring they will turn out. If any travel is involved then they stay home. A lot of it is economics unfortunately.

Then it may work out. I'd say you could maybe fit 150-200 people over there if you follow the social distancing guidelines.

Aesculus gilmus
07-30-2020, 09:39 AM

Everyone who got one last time should have received another $1,200 stimulus deposit plus $500 per dependent by the time of that game. If I were a La Vega fan, I'd just spend a few bucks to watch the livestream, if there is one.

greendawg84
08-04-2020, 07:55 AM
They might bring 50 or so fans total. At least thats what showed up in Burnet a few years back.

Caveman
08-04-2020, 06:05 PM
Everyone who got one last time should have received another $1,200 stimulus deposit plus $500 per dependent by the time of that game. If I were a La Vega fan, I'd just spend a few bucks to watch the livestream, if there is one.

It doesn't matter if you're working two jobs. Sometimes economics eats time. One time Argyle was playing Pinkston and only 5 people showed up on their side. About 10 of us changed sides and started rooting for them. I asked one of the parents where everybody was and she said you have to make a choice. Either you come to the game or you put food on the table. What a shame.

stardog
08-04-2020, 08:05 PM
Yes a few years back, La Vega played at Burnet. It was suppose to be good chance of bad thunder storms and good chance game might get cancelled. Only La Vega folks besides players and coaches was about a dozen of their dance team and leader with his mega speacker. Not a single fan in the bleachers. In second half the dance team came to Burnet side and performed a couple of their dances. Not a huge crowd on Burnets side. Little rain but completed the game.

d0tc0m
08-05-2020, 06:46 AM
It doesn't matter if you're working two jobs. Sometimes economics eats time. One time Argyle was playing Pinkston and only 5 people showed up on their side. About 10 of us changed sides and started rooting for them. I asked one of the parents where everybody was and she said you have to make a choice. Either you come to the game or you put food on the table. What a shame.

Oh man, we played Pinkston every year when I was at Celina in early 2000s. I hated it. It was sad. Definitely not a feel-good win, by any means. The poor kids just had no support whatsoever, and it showed. Our cheerleaders used to bring their cheerleaders over to our side to perform. Our fans would end up cheering just as loudly for Pinkston as they would for us.

rb585
08-20-2020, 07:00 PM
La Vega is also playing Calallen in San Marcos on 9/11.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-24-2020, 11:25 AM
David Smoak
@DavidSmoak
·

4m
***Breaking*** Per
@Coach_Hyde
@LVHSPirates
will play Port Lavaca Calhoun on Friday, site to be determined. #txhsfb

From twitter feed

Bosqueville
08-24-2020, 01:24 PM
David Smoak
@DavidSmoak
·

4m
***Breaking*** Per
@Coach_Hyde
@LVHSPirates
will play Port Lavaca Calhoun on Friday, site to be determined. #txhsfb

From twitter feed

Will be played Friday night at 7:30 in Bastrop. Should be a great game!