PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Down Bandera's Season

3afan
07-08-2001, 02:13 PM
I see some of you have interest on Bandera's team. I go to every Bandera football game. I have no sons on the team, but I feel like every one of them are my own. This team is a class act that will do big things this year. Let me go through offense and defense for you. At Quarterback the Dogs finally have a leader. They have lacked the leadership ability here, but Brett Hicks has it all except for maybe the weight to take a beating, which will be his question mark. The kid has a canon for an arm, tremendous speed, and just incredible knowledge of the game. This kid is gonna be great and he will only be a junior. At Runningback they return Todd Ritchie. This kid has great speed, great running direction, strength. He had a great season last year and I expect even a bigger year this year. Zack Stevens/Dustin Heep will split fullback time. These guys are as tough as nails and can catch the ball. Chad Thompson, sophomore, could see some time carrying the football as well. I think the biggest question mark of this team is at receiver. Andy Blount caught something like 26 touchdowns last year. They won't have his size and hands this year, but they will have last year's starting tight end Charles Gomez, Scott and Billy Jennings, and Jessie Sierra. The offensive line will be even bigger and badder this year. As far as defense goes, Kenny Mazurek graduating hurt this team a lot, but All-State linebacker Zack Stevens returns to anchor this defense. At nose, Michael Taulbert will control up front. Todd Ritchie will return to linebacker. The defense line is virtually the same as the offensive line. Kenny Reed and Stephen Park return to anchor the secondary. This team is going to make a run at it, that I promise you.