PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Bullfrogs

bearcat1
05-18-2002, 08:26 AM
Wanted to wish LW good luck as they travel to Abilene to play Wylie in Game 2 of their series.
bc

whsfan
05-25-2002, 12:08 AM
Bearcat,

I was wondering about your comments on another post about the Wylie fans. You just really can't stand us. By the way, where was this baseball game between Wylie and Aledo? Do you remember which side of the field was Aledo - third or first base side?

Originally posted by bearcat1:
Wanted to wish LW good luck as they travel to Abilene to play Wylie in Game 2 of their series.
bc

Jacket2000
05-25-2002, 12:25 AM
WHSfan, do you really not know why no one on this board likes the Wylie fans? Look back at some of the posts from last season. The Wylie fans were obnoxious,immature, crude, abusive, and downright obscene alot of the time. That's why the majority of them are banned. Im sure you could randomly pick any thread that involved Wylie from last season and you would find curses, racial slurs, referrences to someone's sexuality, and childish insults from the Wylie fans.
Now, Im sure BC will have something to add to this, but THAT is why we dont like the posters from Abilene Wylie. I hope this clears up some of the, uhm, confusion,
J2K

whsfan
05-25-2002, 08:32 AM
Jacket, you are real good about baiting people into a no win debates. Obviously, there are some bad fans at Wylie. Hello! There are bad fans at Wylie and every town and every other high school sport. You in particular and to some degree Bearcat enjoy engaging anybody that will respond. My problem is that I know what you are up to and still respond. Fans from most towns would just laugh you off. So let's refer back to the post that you and Bearcat strung together last week bashing Wylie fans at the Sweetwater vs Lake Worth game.

Originally posted by Jacket2000:
WHSfan, do you really not know why no one on this board likes the Wylie fans? Look back at some of the posts from last season. The Wylie fans were obnoxious,immature, crude, abusive, and downright obscene alot of the time. That's why the majority of them are banned. Im sure you could randomly pick any thread that involved Wylie from last season and you would find curses, racial slurs, referrences to someone's sexuality, and childish insults from the Wylie fans.
Now, Im sure BC will have something to add to this, but THAT is why we dont like the posters from Abilene Wylie. I hope this clears up some of the, uhm, confusion,
J2K

Jacket2000
05-25-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by whsfan:
Jacket, you are real good about baiting people into a no win debates. Obviously, there are some bad fans at Wylie. Hello! There are bad fans at Wylie and every town and every other high school sport. You in particular and to some degree Bearcat enjoy engaging anybody that will respond. My problem is that I know what you are up to and still respond. Fans from most towns would just laugh you off. So let's refer back to the post that you and Bearcat strung together last week bashing Wylie fans at the Sweetwater vs Lake Worth game.

Ohhh, so it's my fault that Wylie posters say such stupid things? The cursing, racial slurs, sexuality references, and childish insults are all my fault? I bet you also blame the gun manufacturers for the rising murder rate. Stupidity and lack of maturity are not my responsibility.This a message board, not a day care. Everyone has a choice as to which posts they respond to and how they respond. If a poster so chooses to respond in the way that the Wylie posters have chosen to, they will be banned. Same as with a gun. If you purchase a gun, and choose to use it in an illegal activity,you will be arrested. It's no one's fault but your own.
J2K

whsfan
05-25-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Jacket2000:
Ohhh, so it's my fault that Wylie posters say such stupid things? The cursing, racial slurs, sexuality references, and childish insults are all my fault? I bet you also blame the gun manufacturers for the rising murder rate. Stupidity and lack of maturity are not my responsibility.This a message board, not a day care. Everyone has a choice as to which posts they respond to and how they respond. If a poster so chooses to respond in the way that the Wylie posters have chosen to, they will be banned. Same as with a gun. If you purchase a gun, and choose to use it in an illegal activity,you will be arrested. It's no one's fault but your own.
J2K

J2K,
Who said anything about a gun?
I watched you make several comments last year and bait in the responses (both from Wylie and others). The Lakeworth post by "Red Dawg" was just as classic as it gets and I wanted to congratulate you on the success.

Jacket2000
05-26-2002, 09:16 PM
The gun was simply a metaphor. If I give you a gun, and someone pisses you off, and then you use that gun to shoot them. That's your fault; your stupidity. If I piss off a Wylie poster and he curses at me(of course, the racial and sexual remarks were not pervoked by me, or anyone else), once again, it's his fault, his stupidity. If Wylie students are not smart enough to figure this out, then Im guessing several of the members of the football team are in violation of the no pass/no play rule.
J2K

pero chato
05-28-2002, 11:17 AM
As a new poster, I want to thank you for running an excellent forum. As a Wylie fan, however,I feel like I'm a little "under the gun" so to speak. I've read some of the past Wylie postings and..um..let's face it-- we deserve the negative publicity. I wish I could apologize for all of those immature jerks' comments, especially the racist remarks. But from another angle, I am a little suspicious when people claim to represent a program and then make such extremist comments. It's as if they want you to hate them or the program they claim to represent. This has happened on a local chat room. Nonetheless, we do have some bad apples and banning them from this site is the right thing to do. Just a couple of comments about last year's Aledo/Wylie baseball playoff game. I was at the game and wish I could have talked to Bearcat1 instead of the person he encountered. I would have commented on the fact that we just witnessed one of the most exciting finishes in years regardless of the outcome. It truly could have gone either way and was decided by the last pitch. Aledo has a fine athletic program and I think they will be competitive even in their first year as 4A. Anyway, I wasn't sitting next to the rude crowd Bearcat1 had to endure, but I think I know the group he is talking about. He's right. They're loud and rude. But they are NOT the majority of us. When I do hear trash talk, I tell the offenders to shut their mouths. We encountered a similar situation Saturday at our playoff game with Shallowater. A group of students from Shallowater loudly heckled our catcher, by name, for the entire game. (Read the article in the Sunday Abilene Reporter News). But I don't believe for one minute that everyone from Shallowater condones such behavior. And that's the point I'm asking from you. Sorry this is so long. Hopefully from here on out we can talk sports. Thank you.

eye of the tiger
05-28-2002, 03:26 PM
Welcome to the board and good luck to Wylie in '02. I would imagine that things will really get going when Campbells's Texas Football magazine hits the news stands in June. This is a great board and I think you will enjoy it very much.

bearcat1
05-29-2002, 03:25 PM
Thank you for your comments and welcome to the board. As far as the whs person saying I am baiting folks....let me say this. I just today saw this thread. That is how often I visit the board. Now, if I were posting with the intent of baiting you all into something, dont you think I would check for replies to my statements more frequently? Really, my life is not quite that boring. Almost, but not quite. Now on with the post... I do not go out of my way to put down Wylie folks, I responded to a post someone made regarding Lake Worth citizens and Wylie citizens. I responded that I disagreed with him/her and that I would choose the Lake Worth side any day of the week over Wylie. I then proceeded to give my reasons for that (the baseball game was my initial thought so that is what I referred back to). Again, I can only go on my own personal experiences with both towns/fans. The game, for whoever asked, was played in Abilene and we were sitting behind first, if that helps any. Again it was an excellent game, as were the football games I attended that were played by Wylie. I just don't care much for their sportsmanship. And I am basing that on personal experiences, not posts on a message board. I don't think that qualifies as me 'baiting' anyone or anything of the sort. As I said, I responded to a post and threw my 2 cents into it. Baiting would mean engaging for no reason in a bashing of a certain town, just to get some sort of response or get a rise out of you. I didn't--and haven't--done that. I respond with my own thoughts and I really couldn't care less who agrees/disagrees with me, because I'm not on here posting for that reason. Maybe you need to look up the definition for the verb "to bait" and read it more closely. I will try to wrap this up by saying, welcome to the board to the new person, and as for Wylie I wish them well, I just don't care to sit near their fans at any of their sporting events. DISCLAIMER: If you feel the need to respond to these statements I have made, that is your free choice to do so, let it be said I AM NOT BAITING you into it.
bc

pero chato
05-29-2002, 05:15 PM
Thank you for your welcome aboard message. I certainly do NOT feel baited by any of your responses. You expressed your opinion based on actual experiences. I can respect that and probably would have come to the same conclusion. Anyway, I'm sorry you have had such bad experiences with some of our crowd. It would not have been that way if you had sat near my group (behind third base at last year's Aledo/Wylie game). Trust me on this though-- the Wylie fans and athletes hear plenty of trash talk from other teams. We do not have the market on that. But if we dish it out, we better learn to take it. In a perfect world we would all practice good sportsmanship--cheer our teams, compliment our opponents, get over losses, be humble in victory, and accept the ref's/ump's decisions. I've always thought it best to let performance do the talking. Oh well, maybe one day...