Sinton

SintonFan_inAustin
04-19-2020, 11:05 AM
Sinton schedule for 2020
scrimmage #1 vs Kingsville King and scrimmage #2 vs Corpus Christi Ray

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EV73LSlXYAA8Qsh?format=jpg&name=900x900

TarponFanInNorthTexas
04-19-2020, 06:45 PM
Well, Port Isabel is looking for a new AD/HFC, as previous coach Jason Strunk was hired as an AD out of state.

Compound that with what's going on regarding COVID-19........no fun down in Port Isabel right now. No off-season, no nothing. Hoping the kids are putting in some work at least.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-21-2020, 09:04 AM
Well, Port Isabel is looking for a new AD/HFC, as previous coach Jason Strunk was hired as an AD out of state.

Compound that with what's going on regarding COVID-19........no fun down in Port Isabel right now. No off-season, no nothing. Hoping the kids are putting in some work at least.

Air raid coach or Slot T/Wing T coach?

Hopefully its option 2 bring back the fans lost when they went with the Lyford coach few years ago. Pretty good district.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
04-21-2020, 06:59 PM
Air raid coach or Slot T/Wing T coach?

Hopefully its option 2 bring back the fans lost when they went with the Lyford coach few years ago. Pretty good district.

Hopefully not a spread or air raid coach. That offense literally KILLED our program. (just like I told you it would)

I, personally, am hoping for a ground & pound coach. Preferably a Slot-T coach. PI has a good group of kids coming up and these kids are built for a ground & pound style of offense.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-27-2020, 05:29 AM
Come on 2020 football season, coastal bend teams with valley teams making up 4a D2 D16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIv2mHVRT1U

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-01-2020, 11:57 PM
Well, word came out that 45 applied for the open Port Isabel AD/HFC position. One name stands out, current Edinburg Vela OC Sean Van Der Merghel. Though I've heard nothing but good things about him at Vela, I'm afraid that style of offense won't really work at Port Isabel, especially if the last few seasons were any indication of that.

Old Green
05-02-2020, 10:20 AM
Well, word came out that 45 applied for the open Port Isabel AD/HFC position. One name stands out, current Edinburg Vela OC Sean Van Der Merghel. Though I've heard nothing but good things about him at Vela, I'm afraid that style of offense won't really work at Port Isabel, especially if the last few seasons were any indication of that.

Hopefully the PI school board picks a coach that runs the slot T or wing T. Something the kids are use to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-02-2020, 03:28 PM
Hopefully the PI school board picks a coach that runs the slot T or wing T. Something the kids are use to.

That's what I'm hoping for.

Like I've been telling folks, Port Isabel kids are just built different. Even despite our lack of size, ground & pound has always worked. Last 3 years using a spread system... 2-7, 4-6, 3-7. IMHO, the ol' ground & pound needs to come back to Port Isabel.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-03-2020, 09:25 PM
Sinton returns a good portion of their team with 4 of 5 offensive linemen. Some other returning for 2020 season. (hopefully there is a season to play)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7OtMfkTrEU

rb585
05-03-2020, 11:12 PM

Meh. Hire the best coach you can hire and let him coach up the players.

ogg
05-04-2020, 12:25 PM
Hopefully not a spread or air raid coach. That offense literally KILLED our program. (just like I told you it would)

I, personally, am hoping for a ground & pound coach. Preferably a Slot-T coach. PI has a good group of kids coming up and these kids are built for a ground & pound style of offense.

Slot's got limitations, especially deep in the playoffs.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-04-2020, 04:41 PM
Slot's got limitations, especially deep in the playoffs.

Didn't you guys lose to a Wing-T team in the final? Asking for my friend in NW Texarkana.

ogg
05-05-2020, 05:31 PM
Didn't you guys lose to a Wing-T team in the final? Asking for my friend in NW Texarkana.

That's a good point, one that's hard to debate. However, we did make the playoffs grinding through slots and wings, LOL. Losing the state championship to a very athletically gifted team.....I believe their D-Line were all D-1 recruits. Regardless, we were never out of that game, two plays got away from us. You can absolutely win state running 97% of the time, it's just harder IMO.

nfcfan
05-05-2020, 11:17 PM
Meh. Hire the best coach you can hire and let him coach up the players.

Agree, they're down to the top 10 finalists i believe, but some of these coaches records are...not that appealing.

One of finalists, went 7-23 in the his last 3 yrs and ran the ball 63% of the time (no playoffs)
A different one ran the ball 70% of the time in his last 3yrs with an overall record of 5-25 (no Playoffs)

I get it, board wants to bring in someone with good AD skills, but PI really needs to pick a proven winner (recent-wise) as well.

Two 6A Off. Coordinators finalists, from Nikki Rowe(19-14) and E. Vela (33-6) should really be considered having the upper hand, but u cant tell with THIS group of school board members.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-12-2020, 09:21 AM
Hearing Port Isabel will be naming the new AD/HFC tomorrow evening.

As for the Edinburg Vela and McAllen Rowe OCs, I believe the OC from Vela got an interview, but as far as how his interview went and/or if he made top cut, I have no clue. As for the Rowe OC, I don't know if he got an interview or not. The only time I heard anything about him was the news article from HSSM saying that he was an applicant.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-12-2020, 10:32 AM
Hearing Port Isabel will be naming the new AD/HFC tomorrow evening.

As for the Edinburg Vela and McAllen Rowe OCs, I believe the OC from Vela got an interview, but as far as how his interview went and/or if he made top cut, I have no clue. As for the Rowe OC, I don't know if he got an interview or not. The only time I heard anything about him was the news article from HSSM saying that he was an applicant.Good. Did any of the coaches from Strunk still at PI?
That leaves only West Oso without a head coach. Never heard why WO coach resigned.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-12-2020, 12:36 PM
Good. Did any of the coaches from Strunk still at PI?
That leaves only West Oso without a head coach. Never heard why WO coach resigned.

As far as I know, the coaches from Strunk's staff are still there for the most part. I think one is headed elsewhere for sure. I have no clue about the others.

MUSTANG69
05-13-2020, 11:47 AM
Looks like Ingleside is finally getting artificial turf. Have not confirmed but they have dug up all the grass.

Matthew328
05-13-2020, 01:25 PM
Sounds like the PI hiring process has been a circus....they called ten for interviews...didnt like any of them...called ten more....
Lots of people with "influence" trying to throw their weight around and get their guy....all that does is leave bitter feelings and when those people of influence move on then the cycle just repeats itself..

SintonFan_inAustin
05-13-2020, 04:48 PM
Tony V returns.? Some happy PI poster....

SintonFan_inAustin
05-13-2020, 04:54 PM
Looks like Ingleside is finally getting artificial turf. Have not confirmed but they have dug up all the grass.Looks great!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EV5pz9TXgAMO2iH?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EV5pz9UX0AAiKN6?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EV5pz9UXgAE6Mqz?format=jpg&name=360x360

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-13-2020, 07:13 PM
The Slot-T is coming back to Port Isabel!

And Matt.....SMH come on man, I know you're better than that.

Matthew328
05-14-2020, 08:19 AM

In talking to multiple coaches involved in the process it was a sham to start with...if Tony V was the guy from the jump (which let's be honest he was) they shouldn't have wasted everyone's time.....I stand by everything I've said....the process was handled poorly from the jump

SintonFan_inAustin
05-14-2020, 02:09 PM

2 slot T teams in district. Stuff the run ;)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-14-2020, 05:39 PM
In talking to multiple coaches involved in the process it was a sham to start with...if Tony V was the guy from the jump (which let's be honest he was) they shouldn't have wasted everyone's time.....I stand by everything I've said....the process was handled poorly from the jump

I think I know who your source is now, and all I have to say is this: He landed a job elsewhere of his own volition. Why the hell should he care anymore?

Also, rather than listen to a bunch of salty coaches (no pun intended), did you not stop to think that maybe, just maybe, that Tony V. was the best applicant, best interview, and best filled what the PIISD Superintendent was looking for in an AD/HFC? To me, Matt, it sounds like you're believing assumptions.

Also did you even bother to consider how actual Port Isabel people feel about the hire? Personally, I haven't seen this level of excitement for Tarpon football in a very long time. Or does any of that not matter to you because of your coach friends telling you crap that just might not be true at all?

Matthew328
05-14-2020, 06:48 PM
I think I know who your source is now, and all I have to say is this: He landed a job elsewhere of his own volition. Why the hell should he care anymore?

Also, rather than listen to a bunch of salty coaches (no pun intended), did you not stop to think that maybe, just maybe, that Tony V. was the best applicant, best interview, and best filled what the PIISD Superintendent was looking for in an AD/HFC? To me, Matt, it sounds like you're believing assumptions.

Also did you even bother to consider how actual Port Isabel people feel about the hire? Personally, I haven't seen this level of excitement for Tarpon football in a very long time. Or does any of that not matter to you because of your coach friends telling you crap that just might not be true at all?

You'd be wrong on my source(s)...he's got his own opinions but he's not involved in the process clearly..here's the bottom line....the process was a sham...I've covered enough coaching hires in my time to know when something is a wrap before its started...Falls City for example was a wrap also...but they didnt run a sham interview process...they got their guy brought him in and didnt waste anyone's time.

When a guy who has coached professionally and at the college level calls to inquire about the job is basically told he's wasting his time applying what does that tell you? Mind you this Coach wants to retire on SPI and money is no issue..so what was the issue of him even applying?? My guess is they didnt want his name to pop up on a FOIA because folks would question why he wasn't hired...I'm connecting the dots there but its curious to say the least...but maybe they didnt want to waste HIS time like they wasted the lowly other HS coaches time?

Combine that with my discussions with those who went through the interview process (I spoke to 3 guys who interviewed for the record, two of which have been head coaches and know how it works) and they all also believe no one had a chance but Coach Villarreal and they felt like the interview was a waste of time.

Hiring Coach Villarreal is 100% fine, his credentials speak for themselves, he's more than qualified for the job....my thought is if you've zeroed in one guy, go get that guy, trust in your decision making and don't put on a "show" to appease anyone.

I mean goodness the superintendent is the highest paid supt in the state of Texas, she gets paid big bucks to make those tough calls, the school board hired her and agreed to pay her that large salary...so I say go earn your money!!! Hire your guy and keep it moving...

If you got your guy go get that guy, this what I've recommended to school districts when I've been on hiring committees every time..if you have a guy..go get him..dont pay me or anyone else to waste peoples time when you are going to hire another guy.

Coach Villareal worked for the current superintendent, his ties to Port Isabel are many..it was a slam dunk hire...it makes total sense....so why interview 20...TWENTY....guys lol

I've also learned in my 16 years doing this and being on hiring committees that anyone worth their salt doing the hiring is doing themselves and the district a disservice by "listening to the community" people always have agendas in small towns and often those people wouldn't know the first thing about hiring a quality coach/administrator....it works out sometimes, but most of the time it doesn't go well....I am glad the community is excited though...its weird seeing the Tarpons be average since Stump left....

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-14-2020, 07:39 PM
You'd be wrong on my source(s)...he's got his own opinions but he's not involved in the process clearly..here's the bottom line....the process was a sham...I've covered enough coaching hires in my time to know when something is a wrap before its started...Falls City for example was a wrap also...but they didnt run a sham interview process...they got their guy brought him in and didnt waste anyone's time.

When a guy who has coached professionally and at the college level calls to inquire about the job is basically told he's wasting his time applying what does that tell you? Mind you this Coach wants to retire on SPI and money is no issue..so what was the issue of him even applying?? My guess is they didnt want his name to pop up on a FOIA because folks would question why he wasn't hired...I'm connecting the dots there but its curious to say the least...but maybe they didnt want to waste HIS time like they wasted the lowly other HS coaches time?

Combine that with my discussions with those who went through the interview process (I spoke to 3 guys who interviewed for the record, two of which have been head coaches and know how it works) and they all also believe no one had a chance but Coach Villarreal and they felt like the interview was a waste of time.

Hiring Coach Villarreal is 100% fine, his credentials speak for themselves, he's more than qualified for the job....my thought is if you've zeroed in one guy, go get that guy, trust in your decision making and don't put on a "show" to appease anyone.

I mean goodness the superintendent is the highest paid supt in the state of Texas, she gets paid big bucks to make those tough calls, the school board hired her and agreed to pay her that large salary...so I say go earn your money!!! Hire your guy and keep it moving...

If you got your guy go get that guy, this what I've recommended to school districts when I've been on hiring committees every time..if you have a guy..go get him..dont pay me or anyone else to waste peoples time when you are going to hire another guy.

Coach Villareal worked for the current superintendent, his ties to Port Isabel are many..it was a slam dunk hire...it makes total sense....so why interview 20...TWENTY....guys lol

I've also learned in my 16 years doing this and being on hiring committees that anyone worth their salt doing the hiring is doing themselves and the district a disservice by "listening to the community" people always have agendas in small towns and often those people wouldn't know the first thing about hiring a quality coach/administrator....it works out sometimes, but most of the time it doesn't go well....I am glad the community is excited though...its weird seeing the Tarpons be average since Stump left....

I know who you're referring to now, and to me, it sounds like he's more interested in fishing than coaching. (based on a retweet you did from the Brownsville Lopez OC)

As for those coaches who told you that they got interviews, did you ever stop to think that maybe they just didn't interview well? Or that maybe they didn't answer the questions presented to them well enough to the Superintendent and Committee's liking? It's really easy to say "the process is a sham" when the odds on favorite for the job actually goes on to win the job.

I'm sorry those other coaches feel like they had their time wasted, I really am. But that's absolutely no reason for you or anyone else to be throwing Port Isabel under the bus like this. Had you been in the room witnessing the interviews yourself, THEN you might have a leg to stand on. But you weren't, so you really need to drop this.

Matthew328
05-14-2020, 07:54 PM
I know who you're referring to now, and to me, it sounds like he's more interested in fishing than coaching. (based on a retweet you did from the Brownsville Lopez OC)

As for those coaches who told you that they got interviews, did you ever stop to think that maybe they just didn't interview well? Or that maybe they didn't answer the questions presented to them well enough to the Superintendent and Committee's liking? It's really easy to say "the process is a sham" when the odds on favorite for the job actually goes on to win the job.

I'm sorry those other coaches feel like they had their time wasted, I really am. But that's absolutely no reason for you or anyone else to be throwing Port Isabel under the bus like this. Had you been in the room witnessing the interviews yourself, THEN you might have a leg to stand on. But you weren't, so you really need to drop this.

Nope not gonna do it....I stand by my statement.....the process wasn't handled well in my opinion...bottom line.....you dont have to like it..but it's like that sometimes...we'll just to agree to disagree there....

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-14-2020, 08:13 PM
Nope not gonna do it....I stand by my statement.....the process wasn't handled well in my opinion...bottom line.....you dont have to like it..but it's like that sometimes...we'll just to agree to disagree there....

Saying it wasn't handled well is one thing. Calling the process a "sham" is another. So which is it?

Matthew328
05-14-2020, 08:36 PM
Saying it wasn't handled well is one thing. Calling the process a "sham" is another. So which is it?

Handled well was me offering an olive branch because we aren't going to agree here...but since you've asked again..it was a sham...just so we are clear

TarponFanInNorthTexas
05-14-2020, 08:44 PM
Handled well was me offering an olive branch because we aren't going to agree here...but since you've asked again..it was a sham...just so we are clear

Hey, I just wanted clarity. And that wasn't much of an olive branch, but whatever it's the thought that counts.

Look, there are a ton of really happy people in Port Isabel now. There's finally some real excitement for Tarpon football for a change. A level of excitement I haven't seen, really, since Port Isabel's 2013 team. Why not just leave it at that?

SintonFan_inAustin
05-15-2020, 01:53 PM
Come on virus go away, there is football to be played in TEXAS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyJhiGTWaGk

Tejastrue
05-15-2020, 07:33 PM
Come on SFA...53 seconds of pre-game?;)

Tejastrue
05-15-2020, 07:40 PM
Hey, I just wanted clarity. And that wasn't much of an olive branch, but whatever it's the thought that counts.

Look, there are a ton of really happy people in Port Isabel now. There's finally some real excitement for Tarpon football for a change. A level of excitement I haven't seen, really, since Port Isabel's 2013 team. Why not just leave it at that?

Hey TarponFan...congrats on the hire! What's most important is PI! Wait...that's not fair! lol

nfcfan
05-20-2020, 01:53 PM

a few days b4 the pick, they told me the fix was in so wasnt surprised. Knew the super was from Brownsville, but didnt know they worked together. As far as the excitement? well its mostly a certain group, everyone coach has it former players pulling for them, Stumbaugh had em, TV has em, etc.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-20-2020, 04:06 PM
West Oso has their HC, D16 teams ready for 2020!

Quinton Martinez
@qmartinez
·
19m
West Oso has named Brad Smithey as its new head football coach. Smithey comes to Oso from Victoria West where he was the offensive coordinator.
@WestOsoISD

@CallerSports
#txhsfb

SintonFan_inAustin
05-20-2020, 04:09 PM
Come on SFA...53 seconds of pre-game?;)

lol yea. laziness kick in.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-14-2020, 08:18 AM
Saw a tweet posted with the top 25 teams in 4a D2, only Sinton was rank from D16 at #25. Was expecting around top 15-20 ranking for Sinton and Raymondville from D16. Hopefully a season to play and see how things work out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b8TsbPO3II&feature=youtu.be

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-14-2020, 02:09 PM
Saw a tweet posted with the top 25 teams in 4a D2, only Sinton was rank from D16 at #25. Was expecting around top 15-20 ranking for Sinton and Raymondville from D16. Hopefully a season to play and see how things work out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b8TsbPO3II&feature=youtu.be

Yeah I was a little surprised Raymondville didn't show up in the Top 25. I guess DCTF must know something we don't.

SintonFan_inAustin
07-03-2020, 07:48 AM
Sr wr for upcoming season. Came on strong half way through the season last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBrLI3M6S14

Tejastrue
07-04-2020, 10:49 PM
Nice. Good looking receiver.

YTBulldogs
07-05-2020, 09:35 AM
Southpaw QB does a good job looking off intended receiver too. Nice.

SaltySixes
07-05-2020, 03:18 PM

That team was so very fortunate to beat Navarro in the 3rd round... I'll always believe my Panthers were the better team in that game..

SintonFan_inAustin
07-23-2020, 05:18 PM
Sinton had to replace their 2nd scrimmage and Week 2 game. This is how it looks now

Scrimmage 1 vs Kingsville
Scrimmage 2 at Calallen
Non District
Week
1 @ Orange Grove
2 @ Beeville Jones
3 @ CC Miller
4 Bye
District
5 vs Port Isabel
6 @ CC West Oso
7 vs Raymondville
8 @ Ingleside
9 vs Rio Hondo
10 @ Rockport-Fulton
11 vs Robstown

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-24-2020, 11:50 AM
That team was so very fortunate to beat Navarro in the 3rd round... I'll always believe my Panthers were the better team in that game..

We'll agree to disagree, though to be fair, that Port Isabel 2012 team performed way above expectations that year.

As for Port Isabel's 2020 schedule, PI has lost all 3 of their non-district games. Two of them were 5A clubs, and the other was TAPPS 5A. Unless PI is able to reschedule something, it looks like it's just going to be district games for Port Isabel this season.

SintonFan_inAustin
07-27-2020, 10:28 PM
We'll agree to disagree, though to be fair, that Port Isabel 2012 team performed way above expectations that year.

As for Port Isabel's 2020 schedule, PI has lost all 3 of their non-district games. Two of them were 5A clubs, and the other was TAPPS 5A. Unless PI is able to reschedule something, it looks like it's just going to be district games for Port Isabel this season.

i listen to Rio sports webcast where it had RH coach in it and he mention that coastal bend teams had consider going to zone districts if valley schools couldn't start their season right away so there be no advantage in coastal bend teams having few games already by the time valley schools got going. So that may be out there but for now haven't heard it anywhere else.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-06-2020, 06:46 PM
Sinton starting 5 sophomores on defense. 2 were starters last year as freshman.

Sinton has some youth to build around with and lot of them saw action last season.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-07-2020, 01:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnkmpRlHkdA

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-07-2020, 10:00 AM
Hardly seems fair that the Coastal Bend area teams get to be on the field while the RGV kids are still stuck at home and are doing Zoom meetings, but it is what it is. The RGV is a massive Covid-19 hotspot, especially Cameron & Hidalgo Counties.

I know Port Isabel is trying to set up a non-district game with Santa Rosa (3A DII), but with the virus still a massive problem, it's still very much in the air if Port Isabel will even get that game in.

As for Willacy Co. (Raymondville), I don't think their virus counts are anywhere near as severe as Cameron Co. (Port Isabel & Rio Hondo) but I don't know what their non-district looks like except for Kingsville (4A D1). I know they have La Feria (4A D1) but La Feria is in Cameron Co. so the start of their season is also delayed.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-07-2020, 10:35 PM
Hardly seems fair that the Coastal Bend area teams get to be on the field while the RGV kids are still stuck at home and are doing Zoom meetings, but it is what it is. The RGV is a massive Covid-19 hotspot, especially Cameron & Hidalgo Counties.

I know Port Isabel is trying to set up a non-district game with Santa Rosa (3A DII), but with the virus still a massive problem, it's still very much in the air if Port Isabel will even get that game in.

As for Willacy Co. (Raymondville), I don't think their virus counts are anywhere near as severe as Cameron Co. (Port Isabel & Rio Hondo) but I don't know what their non-district looks like except for Kingsville (4A D1). I know they have La Feria (4A D1) but La Feria is in Cameron Co. so the start of their season is also delayed.

yea, coastal bend right behind valley counties things can change at any time.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-07-2020, 10:35 PM
Hoping he gets to show his ability with a full season his senior year, breakout season coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcvXkEnZJFk

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-08-2020, 02:51 AM
yea, coastal bend right behind valley counties things can change at any time.

I'll be perfectly blunt, then.

Why are the Coastal Bend teams even having in-person practices to begin with? Yes, I'm as liberal as they come and feel free to mock me for it. But you have to admit, this is putting the kids of the Coastal Bend at risk, especially if a family member of one of the kids has the virus and doesn' t know it. They could potentially spread it to their teammates and coaches.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-08-2020, 11:56 AM
I'll be perfectly blunt, then.

Why are the Coastal Bend teams even having in-person practices to begin with? Yes, I'm as liberal as they come and feel free to mock me for it. But you have to admit, this is putting the kids of the Coastal Bend at risk, especially if a family member of one of the kids has the virus and doesn' t know it. They could potentially spread it to their teammates and coaches.3a Taft had one practice and now whole team is quarantine for 2 weeks after one tested positive after practice. What's the saying it is what it is... JK :). My brother ended up quarantine for a month, lives in Houston and recently my co tech worker tested positive so he has been quarantine, lives in Portland. I'm out every week in coastal bend and go to most of the schools. Mask up with at least N95 mask to protect yourself and others best you can. So far looks ok to me with alot of places i go to check your temperature before entering a place where they can least suspect if somebody might not be safe to enter.

Hoping for a safe season for all once things get rolling.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-08-2020, 11:58 AM
Just notice one of the Fr saw playing time when called up, #62 Logan Dewald at DT along with #88 Jaquae Steward at DT and #21 Tyler Ramirez OLB. Here is the 3 on one play against Navarro in round 3 of playoffs last season. #19 Cooper Dockens TE,MLB started at TE when in a formation with a TE last season. Not sure who the 5th sophomore starter for this season is but there is several from unbeaten Fr team i could see being on varsity this coming season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4V4r6J3l5o

SintonFan_inAustin
08-08-2020, 01:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h69esxIwDsI

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-09-2020, 05:21 AM
3a Taft had one practice and now whole team is quarantine for 2 weeks after one tested positive after practice. What's the saying it is what it is... JK :). My brother ended up quarantine for a month, lives in Houston and recently my co tech worker tested positive so he has been quarantine, lives in Portland. I'm out every week in coastal bend and go to most of the schools. Mask up with at least N95 mask to protect yourself and others best you can. So far looks ok to me with alot of places i go to check your temperature before entering a place where they can least suspect if somebody might not be safe to enter.

Hoping for a safe season for all once things get rolling.

Add Skidmore-Tynan to that list. They stopped all Football & Volleyball activities after two of their kids tested positive for COVID-19.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-12-2020, 09:39 PM

From a good source from Rockport:

Several changes in Rockport’s District Games. With the Valley Teams (Rio Hondo, Raymondville and Port Isabel) delaying the start of their Season the following changes are being made:

1. Port Isabel, Raymondville and Rio Hondo will play each other for one Playoff Spot.

2. Rockport, Sinton, Ingleside, West Oso and Robstown will play each other for 3 Playoff Spots.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-13-2020, 08:40 PM
From a good source from Rockport:

Several changes in Rockport’s District Games. With the Valley Teams (Rio Hondo, Raymondville and Port Isabel) delaying the start of their Season the following changes are being made:

1. Port Isabel, Raymondville and Rio Hondo will play each other for one Playoff Spot.

2. Rockport, Sinton, Ingleside, West Oso and Robstown will play each other for 3 Playoff Spots.

So now Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, and Raymondville are all down to just a 2-game schedule. What's the point of even having a season anymore? Why aren't the Coastal Bend teams willing to play 2 games a week like one of the area 3A Districts is doing?

Congrats, Coastal Bend! You've essentially eliminated most of the competition from the RGV without even lifting a finger.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-13-2020, 08:56 PM
So now Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, and Raymondville are all down to just a 2-game schedule. What's the point of even having a season anymore? Why aren't the Coastal Bend teams willing to play 2 games a week like one of the area 3A Districts is doing?

Congrats, Coastal Bend! You've essentially eliminated most of the competition from the RGV without even lifting a finger.Correct me if i'm wrong but what I've heard or understood is due to RGV teams not able to hit the field til Sept 28 they were required two weeks of practice before they could play a game so they would have to forfeit district games with district games already started in original schedule.

Normal season 2 from RGV and 2 from Coastal Bend would of been most likely teams. RH/Ray and Sin/RF. This open it up for WO and Ingleside for one of them to get in and gives PI a shot of beating RH or Raymondville to finish at maybe a 3 way tie.

Sinton loses all 3 home games and good luck in finding a game til district which could be idle for a month. RF found one still needs 2 rest still looking.

All this could change for both, RGV teams could get judge order to stay closed longer and our area get shut down also. For now this is how 2020 season is.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-13-2020, 09:19 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but what I've heard or understood is due to RGV teams not able to hit the field til Sept 28 they were required two weeks of practice before they could play a game so they would have to forfeit district games with district games already started in original schedule.

Normal season 2 from RGV and 2 from Coastal Bend would of been most likely teams. RH/Ray and Sin/RF. This open it up for WO and Ingleside for one of them to get in and gives PI a shot of beating RH or Raymondville to finish at maybe a 3 way tie.

Sinton loses all 3 home games and good luck in finding a game til district which could be idle for a month. RF found one still needs 2 rest still looking.

All this could change for both, RGV teams could get judge order to stay closed longer and our area get shut down also. For now this is how 2020 season is.

Put it to you this way, 2020 sucks.

Bring on 2021.

And yeah, I only just found out today about the Cameron Co. judge extending the workout ban to the 28th. I assume Willacy Co. is the same if this is affecting Raymondville the same as it's affecting Rio Hondo & Port Isabel.

But still, what I don't understand is why the Coastal Bend teams don't seem willing to play 2 games a week rather than just 1. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this, but isn't there a South Texas 3A district that is going to play 2 games a week? Tuesdays & Fridays? I believe I read that somewhere, but don't recall exactly which 3A district it is.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-15-2020, 04:25 PM
Sinton has found one replacement game so far, Sept 25th at home vs La Vernia.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-15-2020, 04:52 PM
Sub varsity and varsity scrimmage
Next scrimmage: @ Calallen Aug 20th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_zco5prC7A

Tejastrue
08-15-2020, 07:47 PM
Interesting choice of song. :smoker: :thumbsup:

SintonFan_inAustin
08-16-2020, 08:52 AM
Nice. Good looking receiver.

I see Texans have one also around that size with speed, looked good in video i saw from the intra squad scrimmage .

Tejastrue
08-16-2020, 01:00 PM
Yes we do. Great season last year. State qualifier in the hurdles. Starting to get some hard looks from the DI colleges.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-18-2020, 04:12 PM
Just saw a Tweet by the Caller Times that Ingleside has suspended all football activities indefinitely due to an athlete receiving a positive COVID-19 test.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-18-2020, 06:01 PM
Just saw a Tweet by the Caller Times that Ingleside has suspended all football activities indefinitely due to an athlete receiving a positive COVID-19 test.

Testing done not sure if its just once a week, everyone for Sinton team got tested and clear for scrimmage against Calallen on Friday. All it takes for one to come back positive and then possible quarantine. Really going to be tough to complete a season or playoff would be worst if it happen then.

MUSTANG69
08-20-2020, 02:12 PM

Ingleside Mustang Athletics posted on Facebook that it is an isolated case and all quarantine procedures are in place. Practice starts back up today. 8/20/20

SintonFan_inAustin
08-22-2020, 09:25 AM
Live qtr
Calallen scores as time runs out, extra point good.
Calallen 7 Sinton 0
Total td scored for scrimmage combine Calallen 3 Sinton 2
Scrimmages over..... Next up week 1 at Orange Grove
(Some Sinton highlights from the scrimmage)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPVJ5c0FlhM&feature=youtu.be

d0tc0m
08-22-2020, 01:57 PM
Sinton looks salty. That receiver is going to have a heck of a year. Both QBs looked like they could scoot, too. I was impressed with how physical they looked against Calallen. I'd say, overall, that's a good scrimmage for the Pirates. Should get a nice season-opening W next week against OG.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-22-2020, 09:46 PM
Sinton looks salty. That receiver is going to have a heck of a year. Both QBs looked like they could scoot, too. I was impressed with how physical they looked against Calallen. I'd say, overall, that's a good scrimmage for the Pirates. Should get a nice season-opening W next week against OG.

It was good to see D held up good against that type of offense through most of the scrimmage. Sinton 1st D look good in first set and Sinton 1st offense went down the field in opening series should have scored but drop ball in end zone kept it scoreless. Scuffle broke out after that play to pick up the intensity for both sides.

I don't think there was no injuries for either side so good scrimmage for both. Some good crowd size for Sinton in both scrimmages being spread out makes it look more full lol.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-24-2020, 10:58 AM
Ingleside vs Corpus Christi Miller scrimmage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS_xq23QChQ

SintonFan_inAustin
08-24-2020, 11:00 AM
Bay City at West Oso scrimmage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEXTmmIsSpA

MUSTANG69
08-24-2020, 12:00 PM
Ingleside vs Corpus Christi Miller scrimmage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS_xq23QChQ

Really though this scrimmage would have been more lopsided. Miller has a really good program since they got a new coach a few years back and Ingleside hasn't even been able to spell fooball the last 5 years. Mustangs have anew defensive coach and I can see trhe difference, They were actually trying to tackle. Offense looked like they may have a clue also..

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-25-2020, 12:33 AM
Gotta love Rio Sports Live. They do a damn good job, IMHO.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-26-2020, 10:51 AM
Gotta love Rio Sports Live. They do a damn good job, IMHO.

Yep and i'm hoping Sinton uses them as their live streaming for this season.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-04-2020, 01:13 PM
Week 2

Sinton at Beeville

Tuloso Midway at Ingleside

London at Robstown

Miller at Rockport Fulton (Rescheduled due Rockport kid having covid so team is quartined for two weeks)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2020, 10:13 AM
Season Standings(DCTF point spread)
North Zone
Rockport-Fulton 1-0 Week 2 Idle, Week 3 Idle Due to Covid
Ingleside 1-1 Week 2 L, 35-22 vs Tuloso Midway, Week 3 vs Aransas Pass Ingleside favored by 21
Robstown 0-1 Week 2 L, 35-8 vs London, Week 3 @ Skidmore-Tynan Skidmore-Tynan favored by 4
West Oso 0-2 Week 2 L, 28-6 vs Taft, Week 3 vs Odem Odem favored by 2
Sinton 0-2 Week 2 L, 35-28 vs Beeville Jones, Week 3 at Corpus Christi Miller Corpus Christi Miller favored by 35

South Zone
Raymonville 0-0 Idle
Port Isabel 0-0 Idle
Rio Hondo 0-0 Idle

SintonFan_inAustin
09-12-2020, 11:53 AM
Week 3
North Zone

Ingleside 22
Aransas Pass 21
Overtime

Sinton 27
Miller 64

Robstown 14
Skidmore-Tyan 25

West Oso 9
Odem 25

Rockport-Fulton (idle due Covid for 2nd week)

South Zone
Hasn't started the season.
Raymondville
Rio Hondo
Port Isabel

SintonFan_inAustin
09-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Season standings
North Zone
Rockport-Fulton 1-0
Ingleside 2-1
Robstown 0-2
Sinton 0-3
West Oso 0-3

South Zone
Raymondville 0-0
Rio Hondo 0-0
Port Isabel 0-0

Week 4 (DCTF line)
North Zone

Poteet 3-0 at Sinton (Sinton favored by 7, Poteet has given up 10 total points in 3 games)

Miller 2-0 at Rockport-Fulton (Miller favored by 17 points)

Ingleside at Carrizo Springs 0-3 (Ingleside favored by 16)

London 2-1 at West Oso (London favored by 14)

Robstown at Tuloso-Midway 1-1 (Tuloso-Midway favored by 28)

South Zone
No games

99IHSMustang
09-14-2020, 02:33 PM
Ingleside is struggling with penalties pretty frequently in every one of their games. Unfortunately, you can't do that with no passing game in their heavy run offense. They really need to work on that. We will see what happens.

MUSTANG69
09-14-2020, 02:54 PM
The fact that Ingleside only has about 5 running plays and no passing isn't helping. Pretty easy for the opposing defense to figure things out very early in the game.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-16-2020, 03:35 PM
Rio Hondo Bobcats out of D16 4a D2 south zone has cancel their fall sport season.

Raymondville and Port Isabel only teams in south zone. They only had a 2 game schedule this might just make it 1 game schedule a win and sure in the playoffs and lose and your done.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-16-2020, 09:29 PM
Rio Hondo Bobcats out of D16 4a D2 south zone has cancel their fall sport season.

Raymondville and Port Isabel only teams in south zone. They only had a 2 game schedule this might just make it 1 game schedule a win and sure in the playoffs and lose and your done.

Raymondville has scheduled Mission Veterans for a non-district game.

I BELIEVE Port Isabel may be voting in the next day or two to start practicing sooner than the current 9/28 mandate set by the Cameron County judge. Not 100% on that but I've heard some rumors/rumbles that a possible vote for it may be coming up.

New COVID cases in the Port Isabel & South Padre Island area have been at 0 for almost a week. I believe the last new case was last Friday? There have, unfortunately, been some COVID related deaths in the PI/SPI area, some of which were PIISD employees, so I can understand PI's reluctance to start the season sooner rather than waiting for 9/28.

I will say, though, Rio Hondo cancelling their season took me by surprise.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-19-2020, 02:59 PM
Raymondville has scheduled Mission Veterans for a non-district game.

I BELIEVE Port Isabel may be voting in the next day or two to start practicing sooner than the current 9/28 mandate set by the Cameron County judge. Not 100% on that but I've heard some rumors/rumbles that a possible vote for it may be coming up.

New COVID cases in the Port Isabel & South Padre Island area have been at 0 for almost a week. I believe the last new case was last Friday? There have, unfortunately, been some COVID related deaths in the PI/SPI area, some of which were PIISD employees, so I can understand PI's reluctance to start the season sooner rather than waiting for 9/28.

I will say, though, Rio Hondo cancelling their season took me by surprise.
yes saw Raymondville was able to get a non district game, tough opponent right away. Good PI may be ready to let their kids experience some football again. Hopefully cases remain low.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-19-2020, 03:06 PM
Season standings
North Zone
Rockport-Fulton 2-0
Ingleside 3-1
Sinton 1-3
Robstown 0-4
West Oso 0-4

South Zone
Raymondville 0-0
Rio Hondo 0-0
Port Isabel 0-0

Week 4 scores
North Zone

Sinton 41
Poteet 7

Rockport-Fulton 44
Corpus Christi Miller 41

Ingleside 28
Carrizo Springs 20

West Oso 7
London 36

Robstown 0
Tuloso-Midway 42

South Zone
No games

SintonFan_inAustin
09-19-2020, 03:22 PM
Week 5
North Zone

Robstown vs Carrizo Springs 0-4 (Robstown favored by 6)

Rockport-Fulton vs Flour Bluff 0-0 (No line)

Ingleside at Corpus Christi John Paul II 0-0 (John Paul II favored by 15)

Sinton vs La Vernia 3-1 (La Vernia favored by 14)

West Oso vs Kingsville King 0-0 (Kingsville King favored by 9)

South Zone
Raymondville
Port Isabel
Rio Hondo (Has cancel their season)

MUSTANG69
09-21-2020, 11:50 AM
Week 5
North Zone

South Zone
Raymondville
Port Isabel
Rio Hondo (Has cancel their season)

Correction: Ingleside is playing at home.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-21-2020, 03:48 PM
Correction: Ingleside is playing at home.

thanks, DCTF has them playing at JP and now favor by 16.

Good W's by Ingleside. Good start to the season.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-26-2020, 12:11 PM
Week 5
North Zone

South Zone
Raymondville
Port Isabel
Rio Hondo (Has cancel their season)North Zone

Ingleside 41
John Paul II 15

Robstown 0
Carrizo Springs 19

Sinton 20
La Vernia 14

Rockport-Fulton 0
Flour Bluff 24

West Oso
Kingsville Game is today

South Zone
No games yet

SintonFan_inAustin
09-26-2020, 12:19 PM
Season standings
North Zone
Ingleside 4-1
Rockport-Fulton 2-1
Sinton 2-3
West Oso 0-4
Robstown 0-5

South Zone
Raymondville 0-0
Port Isabel 0-0
Rio Hondo (season cancel)

SintonFan_inAustin
09-28-2020, 09:49 PM
West Oso 33
Kingsville King 0

Bears with their first win this season.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2020, 11:47 PM
North Zone
Sinton 54
Rockport-Fulton 35

Robstown 18
West Oso 10

Ingleside Idle

South Zone
Non District
Raymondville 38
Victoria West 33

Port Isabel Idle

Standings District
North
Sinton 1-0
Robstown 1-0
Ingleside 0-0
West Oso 0-0
Rockport Fulton 0-1

South
Raymondville 0-0
Port Isabel 0-0

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-10-2020, 01:35 AM
Port Isabel FINALLY starts in-person practice this coming Monday.

Old Green
10-10-2020, 04:15 AM
Port Isabel FINALLY starts in-person practice this coming Monday.

Great news !

SintonFan_inAustin
10-11-2020, 12:03 PM
Standings District/Season
North
Sinton 1-0 / 3-3

Robstown 1-0 / 1-4

Ingleside 0-0 / 5-1

West Oso 0-1 / 2-5

Rockport Fulton 0-1 / 2-3

South
Raymondville 0-0 / 1-0

Port Isabel 0-0 / 0-0

DCTF predictions
Week 8
North (District)
Sinton at West Oso (Sinton favor by 23)

Robstown at Ingleside (Ingleside favor by 36)

Non district
Rockport-Fulton at Houston Kinkaid (No line)

South
Port Isabel idle

Non District
Mission Memorial at Raymondville (Raymondville favor by 2)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2020, 10:18 PM
North
Sinton 3-0 / 5-3

Ingleside 1-1 / 6-2

Rockport Fulton 1-1 / 3-4

Robstown 1-1 / 1-5

West Oso 0-3 / 2-7

South
Raymondville 0-0 / 1-0

Port Isabel 0-0 / 0-0

DCTF predictions
Week 10
North (District)
Sinton at Robstown (Sinton favor by 48)

Ingleside at Rockport-Fulton (Rockport-Fulton favor by 17)

West Oso idle

South (District)
Raymondville idle due to covid-19

Non District
PSJA Southwest at Port Isabel (Port Isabel favor by 3)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2020, 10:20 PM
Welcome to PI getting 2020 started before possible district game with Raymondville.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2020, 10:24 PM
Sinton has clinched a playoff spot

2 spots open in north and #3 seed from south zone.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-28-2020, 06:32 PM
Welcome to PI getting 2020 started before possible district game with Raymondville.

Yeah, the Tarpons FINALLY get started this Friday vs. PSJA Southwest. PSJA Southwest was supposed to play Pharr Valley View this week, but despite the lack of an announcement saying they've cancelled their season, Pharr Valley View hasn't even begun football activities yet.

Raymondville has cancelled their last two games due to positive COVID-19 results in their program. No word yet on their status as of today.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-04-2020, 04:25 PM
last week games and current standings

North
Sinton 4-0 / 6-3

Rockport Fulton 2-1 / 4-4

Ingleside 1-2 / 6-3

Robstown 1-2 / 1-6

West Oso 0-3 / 2-7

South
Raymondville 0-0 / 1-0

Port Isabel 0-0 / 0-1

Week 10 games
North (District)
Sinton 1 Robstown 0 (Robstown forfeit due to covid-19)

Rockport-Fulton 42 Ingleside 12
West Oso idle

South (District)
Raymondville idle due to covid-19

Non District
PSJA Southwest 35 Port Isabel 28

SintonFan_inAustin
11-04-2020, 04:36 PM
This week district games
North
Robstown at Rockport-Fulton (This will most likely be a forfeit if Robstown has to sit out for 2 games)

Ingleside at West Oso (Ingleside win and they're the 4th seed, West Oso win and most likely a 3 way tie with Ingleside, Robstown, West Oso. Robstown beat West Oso, Ingleside beat Robstown and i'll be West Oso over Ingleside. Haven't look at the numbers for that i think Ingleside comes out ahead. 4th seed faces Hondo most likely still a chance of 3 way tie in that district.

Sinton idle

South
Raymondville at Port Isabel (Winner goes into the playoffs as #3 and faces either Devine or Carrizo Springs or Devine if a 3 way tie in that district)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-04-2020, 05:05 PM
I'll start thread next week but for now
From Mattstep aka Matthew328
Sinton will play Pearsall Thursday 11/12 7pm in Floresville in the 4A D2 Region IV bi-district playoffs

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-04-2020, 07:26 PM
Raymondville and Port Isabel game cancelled. Raymondville advances to the playoffs.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2020, 05:41 PM
D16 Bi-District Round
Thursday 11/12

Sinton 57
Pearsall 8

Raymondville 48
Devine 47

Friday 11/13

Ingleside vs Hondo

Rockport-Fulton vs Carrizo Springs

Lets Go District 16!!