PDA

View Full Version : Navasota @ Sealy?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-18-2003, 12:52 AM
This will be the big game in district, How will the Rattlers play after there 1st loss of the season to Bellville. Can the Tigers upset Navasota? Both teams are 6-1. Give us your insight and prediction.

Pudlugger
10-18-2003, 08:35 AM
After Bellville went into the Snake Pit and thrashed Navasota, the Rattlers will have a huge chip on their shoulder. Sealy will be out to avenge their loss last year to Navasota that knocked them out of the playoffs even though they were a very sound 7-3 team. I am going with Sealy on this one. Both have outstanding running backs in Smith and Andrus. Sealy has the edge in experience and in an outstanding O Line. It will be a high scoring game but Sealy wins at home by 7. :)

punt
10-18-2003, 10:33 AM
Stop Andrus and you win. Navasota by 14.

Pudlugger
10-18-2003, 11:46 AM
punt:
Stop Andrus and you win. Navasota by 14.Stop Smith and you will win. Sealy by 7. :D

punt
10-18-2003, 04:23 PM
Pud, do you really think the Sealy defense can stop Chris? If both teams stop each others best runners I think the Navasota qb can do more damage running or passing than Sealy's?

Pudlugger
10-18-2003, 04:48 PM
punt:
Pud, do you really think the Sealy defense can stop Chris? If both teams stop each others best runners I think the Navasota qb can do more damage running or passing than Sealy's?Maybe, but you never know. Andrus will be very hard to stop and don't forget Sealy has them at home this year. The Sealy O line is one of the best in D23. Don't take my word for it ask teams that have played them. They blow you off the line. I think Navasota might have their hands full next Friday. :cool:

the tigers are back
10-18-2003, 06:51 PM
thanks Pudlugger? I will not say nothing that i will have to eat,because one thing i don't like teams that get's the big head.I know that on any given day you can lose a football game that everyone thought you would win.I just hope our offense show up this week,because we really hasn't played a good game since Lagrange.I really beleive in the Sealy Tigers and i'm gonna be there early if the good LORD is willing.I know we have the defense to stop anyone's running game when we really play and i'm not talking to much.I don't think not one running back has hit the 100 yd marker yet,but if they did it wasn't by much. :mad:

punt
10-18-2003, 07:48 PM
Last night against Hempstead the Sealy o line did not blow out Hempstead until Hempstead wore down in the 3rd quarter. Hempstead guys mostly go both ways and aren't very big except for 65. End of 1st quarter 0-0, halftime 14-0 and Andrus carried the ball every play except maybe 2 running plays. He caught the only pass I remember being caught in the first half. Stop Andrus and you stop Sealy.

punt
10-18-2003, 07:50 PM
Last night against Hempstead the Sealy o line did not blow out Hempstead until Hempstead wore down in the 3rd quarter. Hempstead guys mostly go both ways and aren't very big except for 65. End of 1st quarter 0-0, halftime 14-7 and Andrus carried the ball every play except maybe 2 running plays. He caught the only pass I remember being caught in the first half. Stop Andrus and you stop Sealy.

Pudlugger
10-19-2003, 08:26 AM
punt:
Last night against Hempstead the Sealy o line did not blow out Hempstead until Hempstead wore down in the 3rd quarter. Hempstead guys mostly go both ways and aren't very big except for 65. End of 1st quarter 0-0, halftime 14-7 and Andrus carried the ball every play except maybe 2 running plays. He caught the only pass I remember being caught in the first half. Stop Andrus and you stop Sealy.What was the final score?

punt
10-19-2003, 02:45 PM
It was either 34 or 37 to 7.

Pudlugger
10-19-2003, 04:23 PM
punt:
It was either 34 or 37 to 7.That sounds like a solid win to me. Remember, Hempstead is an improving team trying to make it in a real tough district (and Pre-District). :)

the tigers are back
10-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Hey Punt! It seems like every time sealy win a game and someone gives their opinion you have something nevative to say.I will say this sealy will always be a winning program and will always be a contender to deal with.I do beleive that our offense was in a little slump again friday night,but just remember we are playing without our center and our guard big rick.Oh our center big rob emshoff,but they will be returning soon.So you take away two good players like them and there you have it,but we still trying to hold on to they come back.I wonder why are you going to the sealy games if they aren't so good and they aren't doing a good job out there.Emeal andrus didn't carry the ball every time,but two times for your info.Emeal andrus was pulled out in the beginning of the 4th quarter and didn't return nomore and besides that he had only 24 rushes or so.LET'S GO TIGERS AND WIN THIS ONE THIS WEEK... RAHHHHHHH. :D :mad:

punt
10-19-2003, 07:05 PM
I'm not being negative towards Sealy, just telling what I have seen and Andrus did carry the ball all the time the first half. Sealy put the game away after the Hempstead kids got worn down. Almost every team has had injuries by this time in the season. You take the hand delt you and go for it, no excuses. Sealy should come in third but Bellville will have to have a castrophe hit their team for Sealy to beat them. Good luck to you, wouldn't mind seeing Sealy win. I just like to watch 3A ball, any sport.

IBRINGTHEHAT
10-19-2003, 07:24 PM
Emshoff is still on crutches, how soon do you think he wil be back ttab?

the tigers are back
10-19-2003, 09:51 PM
I hope to see him back against bellville,but he wants to play now.We all know that big Emshoff goes 100%,but than again you don't wanna rush nobody of to play sooner thatn they need to.I know he is still on crutches,but only God know's just how soon it will be.I sure it be before the district season is over,because i know he will be ready for the first round of play-offs,but that depends on how bad we want it.I know that we are undefeated in district,but we have three tough games yet and we must win one of those games.I hope that we beat the rattlers and then columbus beat them and the ratlers are out.So that means that bellville will for sure go to div.1 uh oh watch out BURNETT BULLDOGS.Let's go Austin co. let's represent this dist and county. eek! :D wink

the tigers are back
10-19-2003, 10:05 PM
Ok punt! i will remember this post and when it's all over i will be ready to put it back in your face.I love to go in as an under dawg,because that's makes the game more better for us when we win.I know we have been looked over all this year,but when the chips roll in we will see.I know we have made some enemies in football especially in the mid 90's,but we are still not gonna die.We started something and we will never let it die 4 times state champions in a row never has it been done in 3a football history.So i know that our enemies hoping and praying that we will never win a game,but you know and i know that it's not gonna happen in sealy.I am very proud of the TIGERS and the coaching staff although sometimes as fans we disagree with them,but still they are in charge.So let the games begin... oh yeah punt will sealy beat the rattlers friday night. eek! :mad: :confused:

BrahmaMom
10-19-2003, 10:26 PM
I'll choose the class act over the other. Sealy wins that hands down. Go Tigers!

Tiger Turtle
10-20-2003, 09:17 AM
Sealy has not put it together on both sides of the ball lately, seemingly playing to the level of the competition in beating Stafford and Hempstead. They have not put anyone away early since Ingleside, but the defense is showing steady improvement and has been playing well, particularly lately. The O line has been hampered somewhat by the loss of 2 senior starters with knee injuries. I predict a tough, close game with Navasota, probably around 24 - 17 where discipline and breaks play a big part. (BTW, Hempstead is BIG but they did seem to wear down late in the game.)

reptard7isCRAZY
10-20-2003, 09:33 AM
Sealy D won't stop Navasota O. I predict a special teams TD on the Navasota side too. High scoring game none the less

Navasota 47
Sealy 32

coiled2strike
10-20-2003, 09:47 AM
BrahmaMom, are you implying that Navasota has no class...

Bongo
10-20-2003, 10:50 AM
Coiledtostrike;
I don't think Brahmamom meant it that way, but I can't speak for her. From my perspective Navasota is a class organization. I saw it when my daughters competed against Navasota last year in other sports and it was apparent this past Friday on the football field.

Sealy is in a bit of a "different" class due to it's winning traditions. I respect Sealy's tradition and winning ways. I'm also glad we are in the same district with Navasota. It's one tough district......with a lot of class.

Bellville22
10-20-2003, 12:17 PM
Big game in Sealy this week, as well as a very important one. Navasota and Sealy both figure to make the playoffs in District 23, however whichever team loses has to be extra careful to not let a team like Columbus sneak up on them, which is possible.

I think these teams are quite similar. I still haven't seen Sealy play, but I've heard so much about them that I feel like I've followed them all year. Both of these teams rely heavily on the run, and both enter the game with very good backs, Andrus and Smith. Each team can pass a little, but does so rarely, and usually just to keep defenses honest. Both teams bring pretty solid defenses into the game. Bellville moved the ball well on Navasota's last week, but Sealy won't have the versitile attack that the Bulls featured.

I look for both of these teams to try to control the line of scrimmage, and out physical the other. Both will run the ball, and run often. Each back is going to get his yards, there's no denying that, last week I thought Bellville did a superb job on Smith, and he ended up w/ 104. I think it'll come down to which other players can step up for each team and make a big play, probably the QBs. Sealy has to be patient on D, and make Smith earn every yard. Navasota has to prevent Emeal from breaking the big one, and force Sealy to drive down the field.

Special Teams will be interesting. Sealy has a solid kicking game, while Navasota features incredible athletes in the return game. I noticed a few bad deep snaps by Navasota the other night, and they cannot afford to have those this Friday.

Should be a classic, smash mouth football game featuring two pretty good running backs, but as I said, may be decided by other players and their ability to step up. Turnovers will be key, as both teams will try to control the ball and the clock.

I'm probably gonna attend this game, and I expect to see a close one, I'm really anxious to see how the Rattlers respond after their first loss. Last year Navasota took advantage of a very wet, muddy Snakepit and dominated the Tigers, which lead to Sealy being coin-flipped out of the playoffs. Sealy will have revenge on their minds, and will defend their home turf with all they have. 'the Tigers are back', you're gonna love this, showing Austin Co. some love...

Sealy 24
Navasota 21

coiled2strike
10-20-2003, 01:00 PM
Bellville22...
Great post, EXCEPT the score...
When the rattlers get Martin(QB) 100% and a few others, the passing attack will be there...If you saw him vs. Bellville, you know he was hurting...Andrus is a good back, but the rattler lb's will contain him and Sealy D will not slow Smith down...He will get 150+...
When the rattlers respond to Burk and the rattler coaches, like I know they will, they will be ready, even if on hostile turf...
Navasota 35
Sealy 10

IBRINGTHEHAT
10-20-2003, 07:56 PM
Hey, did Martin sit out last week? What exactly was his injury anyway? I heard it was only a sprained ankle on Texas High School Extra.

BrahmaMom
10-20-2003, 08:54 PM
Actually, I think Sealy's history and tradition gives them a more polished demeanor. Navasota talked noise to our players and coaches at the Navasota-Wharton game and some on this board boasted a bit. Navasota obviously has a strong program, but I think Sealy's attitude is more sportsmanlike (I'm big on manners, since I'm a mom). Champions don't have to announce it, they just show it on the field. We are all proud of our teams and towns, I am proud that Bellville has gotten the confidence of a class team and just goes to the game and does their jobs, it's a growth process. Bongo, thanks for taking up for me. If I stuck my foot further in my mouth, it won't be the first time or the last! Go Bulls!!

Pudlugger
10-21-2003, 07:27 AM
I sense an upset here.

Sealy 27
Navasota 20

coiled2strike
10-21-2003, 12:25 PM
I was just curious what exactly you mean by classy...Is it having a head coach involved in a drinking/fleeing scandal, two starting linemen missing a game for underage drinking, or your starting tailback missing a Friday night game b/c he's in jail for abusing his girlfriend?

<small>[ October 21, 2003, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: coiled2strike ]</small>

BrahmaMom
10-21-2003, 01:07 PM
Class is paying the price when you make a mistake, learning from mistakes, and going out on the field to do a job and doing it well. Your behavior speaks for you, on and off the field. I am not in favor of making any of the mistakes you mention; however, I myself have been known to make a mistake or two in my life. I hope I am not be judged solely on my mistakes but also by my accomplishments, and the way I handled the mistakes. I think all those you listed have been dealt with, punishment meted out according to laws, athletic policy, administration. I don't think a whole team should suffer any more than district policy dictates for the mistakes of individuals. The reason professionals are in their roles, be it AD, district attorney, or superintendent is because they are able to make professional judgements, given individual sets of circumstances. You may not agree with their conclusions, but in our imperfect world, that's the way we've set it up. Class is also being able to admire and respect a good team, be it your own or another, and not trash talk or sarcasm.

fullhouse
10-21-2003, 01:28 PM
YOU GO MOM!

BrahmaMom
10-21-2003, 02:13 PM
Thanks, fullhouse. Of course you know one of the reasons I cheer for Sealy so wholeheartedly now. That boy is having a great season. Go, Tigers!

fullhouse
10-21-2003, 03:03 PM
Well thanks ~ he's having fun and still healthy, so that keeps me happy :D Hope the same is true for that little bull.

BrahmaMom
10-21-2003, 03:22 PM
Happy and healthy kids, those two factors make a mom happy. The "little bull" (that is cute) is having fun. Had some minor little injuries, ankle stuff, nothing I can't handle. He plays today in Columbus, I'm on my way!

the tigers are back
10-21-2003, 08:17 PM
I think you better check your stats,because we have the best defense against the run.I seen all of sealy games and not one running back has run on us on big plays over and over.I will say this when the real sealy def and off comes out to play look out.I know everyone is looking down on us,but when the smoke clears sealy will be still standing tall.I just hope the real sealy tigers come to play real football in these last 3 games of district.I know we can do it let's go sealy coaching staff,because i beleive in you'll and we can do it together. wink

someone
10-21-2003, 08:21 PM
I'm not really worried about sealys d line doing good its the O line that has to open those holes for our running backs and they haven't been doin to good of a job on that these last few games and from the looks of it we're loosing more and more people to injuries

ROY
10-22-2003, 11:31 AM
I guess the Brahmas consider hitting the sauce in the parking lot during half time classy! I just wanted to note that we have had some great grammar on this post! "tigers" or should I say "tygarz". Navasota edges out Sealy 24 to 20 because they are still ticked off about last weekend!

ROY
10-22-2003, 11:39 AM
Nevative??? Is that a word. Hey BMom. You aren't hanging out in the parking lot during the halftime of high school football games are you? If you were, you would redefine your idea of classy!

Talk_To_The_Paw
10-22-2003, 11:40 AM
ROY:
I guess the Brahmas consider hitting the sauce in the parking lot during half time classy! I just wanted to note that we have had some great grammar on this post! "tigers" or should I say "tygarz". Navasota edges out Sealy 24 to 20 because they are still ticked off about last weekend!I don't see much class in your post.

Bellville22
10-22-2003, 11:59 AM
I'm so glad that ROY took the time to sign up so that he can take cheap shots at BrahmaMom. Thanks for gracing us with you're presence, ROY, 2 posts and you're already making friends. :rolleyes:

I'm anxious to see whether the Rattlers will be ticked, after the loss to the Brahmas, or demoralized. I saw alot of hanging heads in the 4th quarter the other night after the Bulls came into their house and dominated the game. Will be a great reflection on both the players' and coaches' character if they can bounce back strong this week. I see last years Sealy/Navasota matchup at the Pit, which would eventually keep Sealy from the playoffs, as more incentive for victory in this one.

Sealy 24, Navasota 21

reptard7isCRAZY
10-22-2003, 12:05 PM
He will be #19... As much as I want Sealy to win, I just don't see it happening.

Pudlugger
10-22-2003, 12:07 PM
Let's be honest here please. The "incident" involving the AD at Bellville was not something that can be ignored or brushed off. Even if he was not involved in drinking at half-time he should not have been in a car where others were. Please don't tell me there was no proof, or fingerprinted beer cans either 'cause this isn't Los Angeles and the OJ trial. My advice to BrahmaMom and others from Bellville is that if you want this incident to go away don't discuss how classey or polished your team and tradition are even if it is true. Most of us realize that the players, fans, coaches and community of Bellville were rightfully upset about this event and wish others would not judge the many for the actions of one or two individuals. Just take a lower profile and maybe folks will just let it go. Most folks from Bellville who post here on the 'Low are fine people with lots of class and it is too bad about this embarassment. The less attention drawn to it the better. Just my 2 cents. :)

<small>[ October 22, 2003, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Bellville22
10-22-2003, 12:12 PM
Amen Pud, well said.

reptard7isCRAZY
10-22-2003, 12:12 PM
I really dislike you.....

reptard7isCRAZY
10-22-2003, 12:13 PM
Just kidding, it was a huge mistake on his part. And although actions haven't been taking yet..i think something will happen eventually.

Pudlugger
10-22-2003, 12:13 PM
reptard7isCRAZY:
I really dislike you.....Who me? or Bellville 22? eek!

fullhouse
10-22-2003, 12:33 PM
Get off of BrahmaMom ~ her comments on "class" were referring to her opinion of Sealy. She never condoned or defended any of the parking lot stuff ~ why was that even brought up? Some folks just like to stir stuff up, huh?

coiled2strike
10-22-2003, 12:45 PM
If you read my previous post, you'll see that I mentioned a starting running back missing a game b/c he was in jail for abusing his girlfriend. Some had mentioned how they admired Sealy's program and winning tradition, and who wouldn't. But, their best running back might be a woman beater; classy, huh?

fullhouse
10-22-2003, 12:54 PM
If you continue to judge a TEAM on the actions of one or two individuals, then good luck in finding one that meets your standards. I'm proud of all of our boys (and remember, they are just that... boys). That doesn't mean I condone everything they do. They don't always make the best decisions, but all we can do is hope and pray that they learn from the mistakes they have made and don't repeat them.

By the way, he didn't miss a game because he was in jail ~ he was suspended from playing the game by the coaches as punishment.

<small>[ October 22, 2003, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: fullhouse ]</small>

ROY
10-22-2003, 01:05 PM
You're right. It's not very classy to kick a dog while its down, but when someone is going to have the adacity to say something about someone elses class, my emotions get me every time. I have some friends down in Navasota and I know that they carry themselves with class. The kids that those coaches work with are 'tough' kids. Hard ones to work with some times. A little different than old Bellville. Not better or worse, just different. I don't mind making friends "22", I'm not here to win awards and I don't plan on going anywhere. Looking forward to some good chats with you. One good question to you and BMom. How do you know that the Rattlers were talking trash to your players, fans, or coaches at the Rattler / Wharton game? Were you there? or Did you just hear that? I was actually present at that one. I saw your players and coaches up behind me and didn't see or hear a thing out of anyone.

coiled2strike
10-22-2003, 01:09 PM
I think I'm not making my point clearly enough. I'm not judging anyone or even their mistakes. I am glad to hear that it was a suspension, though and I apologize for my information source.
What I mean is folks that talk about how their people are better people than someone else's. I enjoy the trash talk about how your team is gonna beat my team and why, but not that your kids run their mouths and our kids are classy and class is learning from your mistakes, blah...blah...blah

fullhouse
10-22-2003, 01:43 PM
I understand. I, too, get very defensive if I feel like anyone is making a personal attack against any of my boys. I don't think that was BrahmaMom's intention at all, but rather her way of supporting the Tigers ~ which is very much appreciated on this end.

This ought to be a great contest between two talented teams that are both hungry for the "W". I just pray that all of them walk away healthy with their heads held high after the hand shaking. Afterall, these ARE the best days of their lives ~ nothing like Friday nights under the lights :p

coiled2strike
10-22-2003, 01:51 PM
agreed...good luck to the Tigers, and the Rattlers could use a healthy week...and a W

coiled2strike
10-22-2003, 02:18 PM
yeah, ankle...he tried to go last week, but couldn't...he is all heart, though and only a junior. hopefully he'll be ready for sealy, if not our #2 QB is a good player, too and a starter on many other teams.

fullhouse
10-22-2003, 02:54 PM
I feel your pain ~ we have several out with injuries too. I really hurt for the seniors ~ what a heartbreak.

BrahmaMom
10-22-2003, 05:07 PM
Wow, didn't mean to stir up so much. Still feel Sealy has the tradition and history to hang tough with class. I agree with 22(usually do), my opinion of Navasota as a team will be further formed by how they come back from last week. It's okay to come out looking for revenge--in the game. I guess I have been privileged to watch Sealy develop into a great program over the years, thus my strong feelings about the other Austin County team--more experience with them. The trash talk from Navasota happened, but it's not that big a deal. It motivated the Brahmas at the Pit. Sealy-Navasota will be a great contest between two strong programs; good luck to both, may everyone emerge uninjured. Roy and coiled2strike, sorry that I offended you, this board is for opinions, but you have my apologies for offending. Don't take back what I said, sorry I offended.

the tigers are back
10-22-2003, 08:18 PM
I see we have a perfect man on the low and yes i'm talking to you retardo c/strike2.I see it's people like you that either don't have any kids are just think that your kids are perfect,but let me straigthen this up about sealy's rb.We'll he never did beat his girl friend up neither has ever beaten her up at least to my knowledge.He wasn't in jail for the game not after the game,but i think you are headed the down the wrong alley with you accusations on this 3adownlow board.I say this sealy is sealy and nomatter if we win or lose the rest of our games the rest of the year sealy is sealy.True born state champions and traditions that will never end until God calls us home to be at rest.I know that everyone is hoping sealy lose against navasota,but don't worry only time will tell and when the smoke clears after fiday night then we will all know who's the team.I just hope the real tigers come to play friday night and the offensive line use what they got.I hope the others guys step up where we need them to be friday night.Let's go Mr.Mark F. and the coaching staff of the tigers we can do it if we just can beleive it than we can do it. wink :D

BigMac
10-23-2003, 01:16 PM
Navasota 28 Sealy 10 - A Team that can barely beat Stafford- Surly doesn't have the Team to take on The Rattlers- Sealy is a class act- No Dought-But We'll see Friday night=Good Luck to Both-