PDA

View Full Version : I say just go ahead and run the score up...

Gobbla2001
10-21-2003, 11:10 PM
Who gives a crap? If a team can't stop your offense, they should be blown off the field, not helped off...

Who cares if they lose by 60 every game, it isn't my team's job to say 'Let's make them feel goooooooood... oh you poor baby, lemme help you off the field...'

Of course I'd put my second string in a couple of series to get some PT... But if I got too bored I'd put the hosses back in and let 'em go buck-wild... This is football, not (dangit Boone just homered for the Yanks) the Babysitter's club...

If the other team can't score on you and can't keep your from scoring then why should you let them score on you and why should you let them keep you from scoring?

My goodness... Feelings get hurt every day in sports... If you can't take a butt-whuppin' find something else besides football...

Had you guys going... I really feel there's no need to run up the score... just had to be funny for some reason... if it's not funny, let me know, and I'll run the score up on you...

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2003, 11:18 PM
Hmmm. Well, it GOT funny. It's not so much about not running up the score or punishing the other team, but about giving your starters, who have been knocking themselves out, a rest. When the 2nd & 3rd strings start kicking butt, they should continue doing so. :p BTW - you did have me going. wink

Mustang '89
10-21-2003, 11:22 PM
Finally, someone who tells it like it.....NEVERMIND!!! :confused: :confused:

Footballfan25
10-21-2003, 11:38 PM
Two points: When you stud player gets hurt in the 4th quarter of a 60 - 0 game, you might think twice about leaving the starters in the game. When you are the team getting beat 60 - 0, you might think twice about running up the score. What goes around, comes around!

tomthall
10-22-2003, 12:23 AM
quote: "My goodness... Feelings get hurt every day in sports... "
my feelings get hurt everyday outside of sports. this is why i have low self-esteem and post on 3a down low all day and night even though i don't know what i'm talking about. plus i have no friends and i'm a complete eff off and im ugly as sin herself.

reptard7isCRAZY
10-22-2003, 12:30 AM
Coach with alot of class puts in 3rd stringers and doesn't run up the score, but if the last stringers still score i guess there is nothing you can do.

keep_it_real
10-22-2003, 12:36 AM
That shows no respect running up the score. You are competing yes, so in that since your agianst them, but together you are sporstmen, and i wouldnt do that to anybody, you mustve never had the score ran up on you.......

Gobbla2001
10-22-2003, 12:44 AM
keep_it_real:
That shows no respect running up the score. You are competing yes, so in that since your agianst them, but together you are sporstmen, and i wouldnt do that to anybody, you mustve never had the score ran up on you.......You must not have read my full post...

pgamgt1982
10-22-2003, 01:38 AM
There is nothing wrong with running up the score. Playing with pitty for a particular team shows weakness. A Winner is a positive person. Allowing yourself to feel sorry for a team is definitely negative. You say, what goes around, comes around? Hmmm, Give me two teams that in back to back years the teams traded the wins, by running up the score on each other? LoL, If you can do that, I'll definitely agree with you that running up the score is morally, or ethically wrong. Another thing, I know that when I was playing, all my fellow players never wanted to just lay down while beating the living heck out of another team.

exbccards76'smom
10-22-2003, 05:43 AM
i am glad to know that our coach has some class. Our 2nd string was in during the closing moments of last weeks game. BC was close to scoring again. But Coach gave the call for QB to take a knee.

TXMike
10-22-2003, 06:27 AM
Heck yeah, run it up. Then maybe UIL will step in like they did in sixman and put a blowout rule in effect. There are also many states around the country with blowout rules for 11-man football. If UIL sees enough of these 60-0 scores rolling in maybe they will act. Then everyone can leave at halftime and the 2d/3d stringers will NEVER play. That will be good for us all right? NOT!!