PDA

View Full Version : Old Folks

44INAROW
03-08-2020, 06:23 PM
If you’re younger than 55, you probably won’t know who I’m about to talk about. Mr44 and I are going to Vegas in April. We haven’t been in 10 years. We decided to do a show or two instead of gambling with our children’s inheritance the entire time. We are going to see Rich Little. I remember watching him on the Johnny Carson show back in the 70’s... he’s at the Laugh Factory.... we are trying to decide if we will should see David Copperfield as well. Anyone see him before?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saggy Aggie
03-08-2020, 09:18 PM
I’ll be in Vegas first weekend of April, assuming coronavirus doesn’t get my trip canceled

44INAROW
03-08-2020, 09:38 PM
I’ll be in Vegas first weekend of April, assuming coronavirus doesn’t get my trip canceled

Yea, I made sure we can cancel just in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tejastrue
03-08-2020, 10:07 PM
I know this doesn't answer your question but wow, Rich Little, did not realize he was still ticking. Always loved his impressions. He's still got it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VX5PBeeWmY

SintonFan_inAustin
03-08-2020, 10:19 PM
i was going in June or July. I have few suites to choose from for any of the MGM hotels for 4 nights and my wife has it also so we usually invite someone else free suite for them. I like the Luxor they offer no resort fee so it's totally free! $1700 normally for 1600 sq ft 2bd room suite. Delano is smaller suite and so is the Bellagio.

Haven't done a show usually stuck from dawn to dusk gambling.

rb585
03-08-2020, 10:52 PM
He had his own TV show for a while, right?

I remember him taking requests from the audience to do impressions of famous people in non-actor roles ("Do John Wayne as an accountant.") and he always killed it.

jason
03-09-2020, 08:02 AM
Gordie Brown downtown at the Golden Nugget is good.
Absinthe at Caesars Palace is good too.

44INAROW
03-09-2020, 09:28 AM
i was going in June or July. I have few suites to choose from for any of the MGM hotels for 4 nights and my wife has it also so we usually invite someone else free suite for them. I like the Luxor they offer no resort fee so it's totally free! $1700 normally for 1600 sq ft 2bd room suite. Delano is smaller suite and so is the Bellagio.

Haven't done a show usually stuck from dawn to dusk gambling.

Nice deal SintonFan.. I booked at New York New York - the Player's Suite. Until I booked, I didn't realize NYNY was an MGM property now..

Thanks for the suggestions - I'd been seeing Absinthe and didn't know what it was...

SintonFan_inAustin
03-09-2020, 03:08 PM
Nice deal SintonFan.. I booked at New York New York - the Player's Suite. Until I booked, I didn't realize NYNY was an MGM property now..

Thanks for the suggestions - I'd been seeing Absinthe and didn't know what it was...

i stay at that one before, room had a Jacuzzi right before the living room with roller coaster passing by the outside window. Nice place to stay, tip if you do gamble on slots play the ones by where they check in to the hotels those are little easier to keep winning. Have fun and enjoy shows i will try one next time if you say it was a good show.

44INAROW
03-09-2020, 04:09 PM
i stay at that one before, room had a Jacuzzi right before the living room with roller coaster passing by the outside window. Nice place to stay, tip if you do gamble on slots play the ones by where they check in to the hotels those are little easier to keep winning. Have fun and enjoy shows i will try one next time if you say it was a good show.

yes, we are supposed to have a Jacuzzi too... we like the separate 'sitting room' to eat, etc and watch TV in case one of us has a little too much and wants to sleep in, etc. All the views I've seen online, show the Roller Coaster out the window - I requested a 'view' but of course the view could be of the 20th floor air conditioners lol lol