PDA

View Full Version : Why Bridgeport HATES Decatur?

MASH4077
11-19-2002, 10:13 AM
This is the question I ask all B'port posters on here. There seems to be genuine hate eminating from across Sandy. There have also been some degrading post aimed at Decatur on here. The only negative post about Bridgeport comes from EaglesRule whom is believed to be from B'port.I ask each of you (Splybear,bullbacker,TheOne,Bigbullbacker)and any other B'port posters to respond.

bd0707
11-19-2002, 10:35 AM
Trivia question for you 4077. What was the # of the MASH unit closest to the 4077? If no one gets it I will post the answer tommorow,11/20 :D

sinton66
11-19-2002, 11:50 AM

bd0707
11-19-2002, 12:58 PM
Very good Sinton66! For that Sinton gets a by in week3. haha

bd0707
11-19-2002, 01:10 PM
Not to mention, you also helped me become a member of the ever elusive varsity club.Thanks. now if I could just get a decent rating, I think I ticked of that guy from Cameron and Hotstuff, they in turn beat me up on the ratings. Oh well at least were not bothered by them anymore. :D

ej2525
11-19-2002, 01:16 PM
How many posts does it take to be a varsity member? 75??

slpybear the bullfan
11-19-2002, 10:52 PM
M*A*S*H 4077

I didn't read anything on the board that anyone has posted here that wasn't good clean fun. I don't see a lot of Decatur Haters.

I work in Decatur. I work with lots of Decatur fans and parents. I even will go watch Decatur play when it shakes out that way. Heck, there are several of us talking about making the Decatur game this Saturday.

BUT...

...I also enjoy a rivalry that has been around for 82 years. I love living in Bridgeport and living to beat Decatur. It isn't a hate thing, just a good rivalry. I am a third generation Bridgeport resident and third generation former player. I am dang proud of my town and even enjoy using the 'Net to get a few good needles in when I can.

MASH, If I can make any of the Eagles games, I will be rooting for them all the way. Rooting for good ol Wise County and district 7-3A.

slpybear

Bulls #70, '89

MASH4077
11-19-2002, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the response,I also enjoy the rivalry and good clean ribbing!

Isa4031
11-20-2002, 02:47 AM
The big reason for the rivalry is (like slpybear pointed out) that for the last 82 years, Bridgeport and Decatur have played each other. The rivalry may go as far back as the "which town gets the courthouse" drama in the late 1800's. The towns have always been close in size and I guess it's like having siblings who on Friday nights can have it out.

Enough, sociology...I do have to give it up to BullBacker who in another post said:
Decatur is really good and I think they will win the region after that will be a different story. Since we (Decatur/Bridgeport fans) have to quailify our statements...I'll say...I hope that Bridgeport has a great season next year...except when they play Decatur!

Eagle Alumnus #81

Isa4031
11-20-2002, 02:53 AM
By the way, does anyone know what the Decatur vs. Bridgeport series record is for the last 82 years? Also, I know that Wise County Sports (http://www.wisecounty.com/SportsHome.htm) has games since 96', but does anyone know a site that has the scores of games in previous years?

The One
11-22-2002, 08:33 AM
I too agree with Bear that the big reason is The rivalry. You know we raise our kids to know that Decatur is the one team you must beat every year. I have even heard coaches say if you go 1-9 on the season the one win better be against Decatur. I guess a rivalry with that much tension builds into hate after a period of time but with that being said I would't hate to see yall bring home a title this year. We had our shot last year and failed, you guys look to have 2 more good years ahead of you, but this year may be your best shot. Luck plays a big part of this as well! Good Luck.