02-03-2020, 03:20 PM
District 8

Gilmer
Longview Spring Hill
Paris North Lamar
Pittsburg
Tex. Liberty-Eylau
Texarkana Pleasant Grove

The district just changed numbers and added North Lamar.

d0tc0m
02-03-2020, 03:28 PM
District 8

Gilmer
Longview Spring Hill
Paris North Lamar
Pittsburg
Tex. Liberty-Eylau
Texarkana Pleasant Grove

The district just changed numbers and added North Lamar.

Hawks and Buckeyes still the runaway favorites. No surprise there. Region II goes through them both, and another rematch for a spot in the semifinals wouldn't surprise me.

waterboy
02-03-2020, 05:16 PM
Hawks and Buckeyes still the runaway favorites. No surprise there. Region II goes through them both, and another rematch for a spot in the semifinals wouldn't surprise me.

Looking at Region 2, I think you're likely right about that. Hopefully we'll get back to playing Buckeye football again. Our major hurdle the last two seasons was PG. Maybe PG will drop off a bit without Ben Harmon at QB. We'll see.

d0tc0m
02-04-2020, 08:29 AM
I was hoping Celina would get put into Region II, but looking at the way realignment fell, it would have been hard to keep them there. But, hey, maybe we can get back to the annual Celina vs Gilmer semifinal/regional final matchups we had for a couple years there.

waterboy
02-04-2020, 08:45 AM
Hopefully, we'll get to see Celina this season. That would mean we won Region 2.:thumbsup:

lostaussie
02-04-2020, 09:56 AM
Gilmer will play in no particular order
Atlanta
Gladewater
Lindale
Carthage
Henderson

Old Green
02-04-2020, 12:48 PM
Good schedule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d0tc0m
02-04-2020, 01:09 PM
Gilmer will play in no particular order
Atlanta
Gladewater
Lindale
Carthage
Henderson

Good for the Buckeyes. That's a solid, solid schedule for Metzel to navigate in his first year at the helm. They'll be ready come district time, that's for sure.

lostaussie
02-04-2020, 03:36 PM
We plan on playing Carthage.......twice

waterboy
02-12-2020, 09:34 AM
We plan on playing Carthage.......twice

You're right, we do plan on playing Carthage twice. You were right on with our non-district games. These games are set:

Gilmer @ Gladewater
Gilmer @ Henderson
Gilmer @ Atlanta
Lindale @ Gilmer
Carthage @ Gilmer

We get a week off in between non-district and district play.

Did you know that our defensive coordinator also retired? No more Todd Barr. I hope Coach Metzel gets us a really good DC.

lostaussie
02-12-2020, 09:44 AM
Didn't know Barr retired but I did know we were looking for a DC

Aesculus gilmus
02-15-2020, 08:10 PM
Pleasant Grove won't ever be down as long as Gibson is there as a magnet drawing the move-ins from several neighboring districts.

It's not illegal and Gilmer is just experiencing the saying "turnabout is fair play."

Meanwhile, Spring Hill's Jonny Louvier convinced the UIL to disqualify his best player on last year's team from playing for the Buckeyes varsity.
http://www.gilmermirror.com/view/full_story/27702159/article-UIL-State-Executive-Committee-Meeting-Results

Jay Rockwell will now be known as the best JV player in Texas. He already has some D1 offers.