PDA

View Full Version : Schedules and Scheduling

heck
09-16-2003, 10:55 AM
I was wondering what a lot of you thought about your schedules. I know Sweetwater has a very tough non-district schedule with Vernon, Graham, Greenwood, Andrews, and Abilene Wylie. I can't imagine it getting too much harder than that.

It seems that the strong teams play strong teams and the not-so-strong teams play each other. I can't remember when we've had an easy game. Certainly not since the "re-districting".

Kind of makes me wonder about polls and strength of schedules too.

<small>[ September 16, 2003, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: heck ]</small>

Gobbla2001
09-16-2003, 11:01 AM
LEt's see, we play Rice Consolidated, 4A Rockport-Fulton, Sealy, Sinton then Edna...

Needless to say, last year we started out 0-4... NOW, that made our guys tough playing those tough teams, and they were about to go 5-2 during the next 7 games, and I believe it was due to a tough schedule and a little pride...

BIG19
09-16-2003, 11:39 AM
Gobbla, why do you feel they will go 5-2 in the next 7 games? Why not 7-0? Where's the love and support for the team? Isn't admitting defeat before it happens alot like claiming the rings before the season starts? Just wondering.

Gobbla2001
09-16-2003, 11:42 AM
I said 'they were about to go'...

Meaning last season, they started off 0-4 and then went 5-2... Didn't say anything about this season besides we play the same schedule...

And luckily, we're not 0-2, we're 1-1, so we've already improved I believe...

Thanks for the concern anyway, I appriciate what you said...

<small>[ September 16, 2003, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

rholl
09-16-2003, 11:50 AM
I think it goes back to where a coaches perception of a team might be...a strong team will want to play strong teams to show where weaknesses are but a weak teams coach may opt for weaker teams to show kids what it takes to win gradually rather that get crushed by a strong team. Of course some coaches step into a schedlue already set up by someone else and really have no say in the matter.

cunbed10
09-16-2003, 01:36 PM
Well Marlin has a non-district schedule so tough, we've started 0-2, and we still have the #1 teams to play in the state, #1 Burnet 3A and #1Ennis 4A so if it's a mental toughness thing with the non-district games, Marlin should be tough as nails, come district.

espn1
09-16-2003, 01:56 PM
Definetly one of the toghest schedules in Texas, if not the.