PDA

View Full Version : Scoops Poop

YTBulldogs
02-01-2020, 06:49 AM
I know we asked this before, but - Scoop can you please place all your basketball, soccer, tennis, track, baseball, etc in a certain heading for that individual sport? IE: If its basketball related, put in the topic heading of: Basketball. If it's tennis related: Tennis. All these threads for each game they play is annoying.

Thanks for helping us out Scoop. Love your past sports writing coming out, just lump them together in their respective separate topic heading. Thank you so much.

speedbump
02-01-2020, 07:28 PM
I know we asked this before, but - Scoop can you please place all your basketball, soccer, tennis, track, baseball, etc in a certain heading for that individual sport? IE: If its basketball related, put in the topic heading of: Basketball. If it's tennis related: Tennis. All these threads for each game they play is annoying.

Thanks for helping us out Scoop. Love your past sports writing coming out, just lump them together in their respective separate topic heading. Thank you so much.

Good luck.

rb585
02-05-2020, 11:59 AM
He doesn't give a ****. His goal is to have every post on the first page.

Scoop27
02-05-2020, 01:43 PM
I'm just posting topics that others might be interested in.
No one else is posting topics on a regular basis

oldtownag
02-05-2020, 01:54 PM
I'm just posting topics that others might be interested in.
No one else is posting topics on a regular basis

Guess what?

Nobody is interested!

RkptFltn
02-05-2020, 02:08 PM
Guess what?

Nobody is interested!

Actually some people are. This has been discussed over and over.

Saggy Aggie
02-05-2020, 07:37 PM

Would still be better suited and create a much cleaner board if the topics were categorized and updated weekly rather than having a million separate posts every week.

Quality over quantity...

rb585
02-05-2020, 11:01 PM

Look at how many of his threads have zero replies. Interested people reply.

Scoop27
02-05-2020, 11:49 PM
My posts are 4A district information like scores to be viewed-Not so much as to post responses. I will gladly post new topics that may warrant a reply. I'm saving your time to find out who wins and loses that search Max Preps has. Otherwise I get my scores from newspapers, coaches and sports broadcasters on radio stations.

d0tc0m
02-06-2020, 08:54 AM
My posts are 4A district information like scores to be viewed-Not so much as to post responses. I will gladly post new topics that may warrant a reply. I'm saving your time to find out who wins and loses that search Max Preps has. Otherwise I get my scores from newspapers, coaches and sports broadcasters on radio stations.

I think everyone understands the WHY here, Scoop. Nobody's really ever questioned your intentions. No one thinks you're out to sabotage the Downlow. The only thing we've been saying ALL ALONG is just have a SINGLE thread for your scores. One thread. Just one. Update that thread as often as you would like with whatever outlier scores you'd like, I mean update that thing to hell and gone. Until your heart is full. But there's no need to create a full page of threads that have marginal interest, AT BEST, when you could easily just have a running thread that you update. And for those people who are interested ... those unicorns we've heard about but have never seen ... they can reply to that single thread and tell us all about how interested they are in such things.

Bull Butter
02-06-2020, 09:03 AM
I think everyone understands the WHY here, Scoop. Nobody's really ever questioned your intentions. No one thinks you're out to sabotage the Downlow. The only thing we've been saying ALL ALONG is just have a SINGLE thread for your scores. One thread. Just one. Update that thread as often as you would like with whatever outlier scores you'd like, I mean update that thing to hell and gone. Until your heart is full. But there's no need to create a full page of threads that have marginal interest, AT BEST, when you could easily just have a running thread that you update. And for those people who are interested ... those unicorns we've heard about but have never seen ... they can reply to that single thread and tell us all about how interested they are in such things.

What he said

RkptFltn
02-06-2020, 10:08 AM
Would still be better suited and create a much cleaner board if the topics were categorized and updated weekly rather than having a million separate posts every week.

Quality over quantity...

I agree 100% that scoop should find a way to post so that it is not flooding the forum. My comment was not arguing against that, i just stated that some people, including myself, are interested in some of scoops posts.

AggiesAreWe
02-06-2020, 11:14 AM
Why not have forums for each sport? Or at least for football, basketball and baseball?

Saggy Aggie
02-06-2020, 07:34 PM
Why not have forums for each sport? Or at least for football, basketball and baseball?

We’ve explored that and those forums get so little traffic that it becomes pointless.... and it wouldn’t solve the problem of scoop’s lack of efficiency... it would just move it elsewhere

d0tc0m
02-07-2020, 08:58 AM
We’ve explored that and those forums get so little traffic that it becomes pointless.... and it wouldn’t solve the problem of scoop’s lack of efficiency... it would just move it elsewhere

That might work, actually.

When I was younger, and my friends would come over to play Golden Eye or 1080 or Mario Kart on the N64, my little brother would always want to play. Naturally, I'd give him a controller ... that wasn't plugged in. He would push the buttons and move the joystick around and he would laugh and cut up with us, and he always had a great time, none the wiser. We could employ a similar tactic here.

Scoop27
02-07-2020, 01:46 PM
Instead of posting 6 new threads I cut them in Half with 3 new ones. I put the boys district games on one thread and the girls district games on a thread- I also put the boys and girls soccer matches on one thread.

RkptFltn
02-07-2020, 02:48 PM
That might work, actually.

When I was younger, and my friends would come over to play Golden Eye or 1080 or Mario Kart on the N64, my little brother would always want to play. Naturally, I'd give him a controller ... that wasn't plugged in. He would push the buttons and move the joystick around and he would laugh and cut up with us, and he always had a great time, none the wiser. We could employ a similar tactic here.

by far the most immature comment that has been made on this forum. And thats knowing some of the nutcases that reside in this place.

d0tc0m
02-07-2020, 02:50 PM
by far the most immature comment that has been made on this forum. And thats knowing some of the nutcases that reside in this place.

:spitlol:

High marks, RkptFltn! Thank you, kindly!

As the kids today say ... Boomer alert!

d0tc0m
02-07-2020, 03:06 PM
Instead of posting 6 new threads I cut them in Half with 3 new ones. I put the boys district games on one thread and the girls district games on a thread- I also put the boys and girls soccer matches on one thread.

:clap::clap::clap:

RkptFltn
02-07-2020, 03:07 PM
:spitlol:

High marks, RkptFltn! Thank you, kindly!

As the kids today say ... Boomer alert!

its "Ok Boomer." no kid says Boomer alert. Put the cane down and get your bifocals and you would learn.

d0tc0m
02-07-2020, 03:20 PM
its "Ok Boomer." no kid says Boomer alert. Put the cane down and get your bifocals and you would learn.

lol OK, boomer

Saggy Aggie
02-07-2020, 04:00 PM

Great start, now let’s update these threads instead of posting more when you get the scores and standings

SintonFan_inAustin
02-07-2020, 06:44 PM

i look at them but would have prefer it would get updated so can see the history of scores between teams instead of having to go to maxprep with all their auto ads popping up. it's region iv stuff so i try and follow but if you miss a day that thread is long gone to 2nd or 3rd page.

YTBulldogs
02-08-2020, 07:04 AM

Thanks Scoop. Yes, now update in these threads all your info related to these districts. Much appreciated.

Saggy Aggie
02-19-2020, 07:13 PM
Scoop... you were doing better for a little while but there’s about 10 new basketball threads today.... please consolidate to 1 thread. All basketball matters can be handled in a single thread that gets updated as often as you like.

One home for all your content. Not 10 homes

SintonFan_inAustin
02-19-2020, 07:29 PM
Scoop... you were doing better for a little while but there’s about 10 new basketball threads today.... please consolidate to 1 thread. All basketball matters can be handled in a single thread that gets updated as often as you like.

One home for all your content. Not 10 homes

yep just became hard to follow the updates again on basketball threads.

carter08
02-20-2020, 08:35 AM
Four threads -- boy's scores, girl's scores, boy's poll, girl's poll -- that get updated could even be a good compromise!

Saggy Aggie
02-21-2020, 12:07 AM
we need an intervention.... There’s already 3 new girls basketball threads.

Saggy Aggie
02-25-2020, 07:00 PM
Lmao, y’all really gave scoop his own forum 😂😂

YTBulldogs
02-26-2020, 10:32 AM
Can you move scoops poop to his corner you created? Take it off main page please.

Scoop27
02-26-2020, 12:30 PM
I'm making new threads so separate to the different sports. I won't get as many views in my own corner forum compared to them being on the main page. These complaints are getting old, I'm think other posters and viewers like the way I do it, At least I'm putting the college forums into that page.

Saggy Aggie
02-26-2020, 01:01 PM
Scoop:

1 thread for each sport. Not one new thread for each sport every week.

Just call it “basketball” for example.. .. all scores, standings, matchups, etc all in 1 place. Tons of views, responses, etc

It really is that simple

YTBulldogs
02-26-2020, 02:24 PM
Freaking thinking your working the ticker from the AP wire with all the BS you post. Put your toys in your own box. People want to see about Dist 24-4A wrestling, they know where to look. Scoops Corner.

Cam
02-28-2020, 04:23 PM
Dang!....scoop got his own corner?......can I get one?......just call it Cam's Corn on the Cob......moderators, just let me know when its ready.....

.....why everybody so hard on the scoop man?.....he enjoys what he does...if you don't...it be real simple.....don't go there.....do what I do....panfan sends me all his old issues of GQ, Cosmopolitan, and Marie Claire magazines....he even puts post-its on "must reads"!.......he enjoys giving and I just go with it......and I thank him for his efforts..........however, I did draw the line with him after he tried turning me on to "EatingWell" Magazine...........I eat whatever the hell I want!...........