PDA

View Full Version : District 3-3A

wildstangs
10-05-2002, 08:00 PM
Seems to be getting wierd. Lamesa has been inconsistent. Sweetwater was inconsistent for 2 weeks. Merkel is strong. Snyder is now what they expected. What about Seminole and Denver City? I think Sweetwater and Merkel are the best two teams in the district. Scary thought, but Merkel is looking decent this year. I wont be surprised at all to see them in the playoffs. Anyone think the impossible could happen, with that being Snyder missing the playoffs?

vet93
10-05-2002, 09:30 PM
Hey Wildstangs...I don't think that the Tigers will miss the playoffs. I still look for Sweetwater to win district and Snyder to make the playoffs. The other small school team is up for grabs between Merkel, Lamesa and Seminole. At the beginning of the year I picked Lamesa because I didn't have the guts to go with the Badgers. I let alot of guys from out west talk me into not going with Merkel. I did pick them as a dark horse but i regret not picking them as the third team out. There is still a lot of football to be played and this year seems to be the year of the upset and inconsistency. The only team from West Texas in my mind that has played consistent good football for 5 games so far is Greenwood. If they don't peak to early they could be a handful in the playoffs. I still like your mustangs alot if they can play like they have the past two games.