PDA

View Full Version : Hornet pride

Amos Moses
10-10-2002, 11:18 AM
You seem to back them out Hornets big time. You also talk a pretty good game. I would like to know just who have ya'll played. From what I have read on this board ya'll could be all right. But if you look at the history of Hornet football ya'll don't have great tradition. I can remember when Gofforth was there the Hornets were not that bad. Then the next guy which was years later was Cobb (with RB Stone). Thats all I can remember 1n the last 30 to 35 years. Give me some info. maybe I can get to a game and watch the Hornets. No bad intentions just want to know more about them Hornets. Grew up in that part of the country.

Amos Moses
10-10-2002, 01:42 PM
Need Info. May try to come see them Hornets Friday. Where do they play and who do they play? Give me some info. I need to see if its worth the trip.

CHS_Grad '85
10-10-2002, 02:27 PM
Caldwell(4-1) plays Cameron(3-2) Friday 10/11/02. Kick-off is at 7:30p

Standouts for Cameron: Pittman Knight
Standouts for Caldwell: Gilbert Parker Boyd

HornetPride
10-10-2002, 02:38 PM
Caldwell 27, Liberty Hill 34 (gave up 12-0 first-half lead, turned ball over 7 times deep to a team that's a "7.5" on strength scale)
Caldwell 24, Madisonville 20 (big win for program vs. an above avg. team)
Caldwell 22, Hearne 12 (improved Hearne team who lost best RB 2 weeks later vs. 2A's No. 1 McGregor and killed clock on their 18 yd line)
Caldwell 36, Smithville 0 (subs played most of third and fourth quarters vs. a very young, weak team)
Caldwell 7, Giddings 0 at their homecoming (Buffs are better than their own "fans" think despite 0-5 with toughest schedule in the region). Brian Gilbert this year reminds some of Stone ('95) and Alfred Jackson ('74).
Our defense is among best in Central Texas (surrendering an average about 115 yards or so from opponents so far). Compeition is about to get fierce (Cameron, Rockdale and Marlin, respectively) and Lorena ain't shabby. We host rival Cameron Friday night at 7:30 pm. Should be a barn-burner. Orange out.....

It's true that Caldwell is having to reach deep to rebuild tradition of the early 70's but it's getting there and the team attitude is much better than recent years. Goforth wasn't bad but his heart wasn't in it after his son graduated and Cobb was good but didn't jibe as well with certain parents' "star my kid" mentality.

Overall, this team has a very, very bright future if they can avoid injuries, perform in classroom, stay poised under pressure. This year's freshman team is quite possibly the best in the state and has beaten some previously-unbeaten JV teams.

bd0707
10-10-2002, 02:51 PM
Hornet Pride, me thinks you are the "spinmiester"

HornetPride
10-10-2002, 02:57 PM
Sure am

Amos Moses
10-11-2002, 08:11 AM
Thanks Hornet Pride Will try to make the drive Down. Good Luck!!!! If I can't make the game I'll touch base with you on the board next week.

HornetPride
10-11-2002, 09:52 AM
Amos, where are you writing from? Just curious. When and where did you live in our neck of the woods? Keep your fingers crossed!

Amos Moses
10-11-2002, 10:25 AM
Grew up in the Brazos river bottom on the cotton farm .Family still has a couple of acres down there. Not to far off Hwy.21 on FM 50. I'm comming down from the Dallas area. Have a brother that coaches in the Houston area.

QBKilla
10-11-2002, 02:26 PM
Amos Moses:
Grew up in the Brazos river bottom on the cotton farm .Family still has a couple of acres down there. Not to far off Hwy.21 on FM 50. I'm comming down from the Dallas area. Have a brother that coaches in the Houston area." Amos Moses was a cajun he lived by hisself in the swamp, he hunted alligator for livin', he just knock'em in the head with a stump! La. law gonna get you Amos! :D So i take it you're not that Amos? The one that lived about 45 miles southeast of Thibideaux, LA. :D :D :D

HornetPride
10-11-2002, 02:51 PM
Around Clay?

HornetPride
10-11-2002, 02:51 PM
Around Clay?