PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer reaches at least 3rd round of playoffs for 13th consecutive year

lostaussie
11-25-2019, 02:38 PM
https://www.easttexasmatters.com/sports/friday-football-fever/gilmer-beats-fairfield-reaches-3rd-round-for-13th-consecutive-year/amp/

lostaussie
11-25-2019, 02:39 PM
That's a pretty good run right there.

jason
11-25-2019, 02:51 PM
Why didn't their starting QB play? He out this week too?

waterboy
11-25-2019, 04:17 PM
Why didn't their starting QB play? He out this week too?

Our starting QB, Mason Hurt, got a little banged up on a play early in the second quarter Friday night. Coach went with our backup QB, Brandon Tennison, the rest of the way. If we would've needed Mason to step back in I'm pretty sure he could've played. The game was well in hand by then and he was not needed.

The worst news for us was our absolute best player, Casey Irons, sprained an ACL in practice last week and did not play. He likely won't play again for at least a couple of weeks, provided we make it that far. He is an all-district DE who wreaks havoc in the opponent's backfield regularly.

poisoned10
11-25-2019, 04:35 PM
Our starting QB, Mason Hurt, got a little banged up on a play early in the second quarter Friday night. Coach went with our backup QB, Brandon Tennison, the rest of the way. If we would've needed Mason to step back in I'm pretty sure he could've played. The game was well in hand by then and he was not needed.

The worst news for us was our absolute best player, Casey Irons, sprained an ACL in practice last week and did not play. He likely won't play again for at least a couple of weeks, provided we make it that far. He is an all-district DE who wreaks havoc in the opponent's backfield regularly.

I heard torn ACL. Hopefully it is just a sprain and he is able to return vs. Pleasant Grove, should Gilmer beat Connally this weekend.

bobcat1
11-25-2019, 05:12 PM
Good job Buckeyes!

waterboy
11-25-2019, 05:31 PM
I heard torn ACL. Hopefully it is just a sprain and he is able to return vs. Pleasant Grove, should Gilmer beat Connally this weekend.

I had heard the same thing but somebody close to the team said it was a sprain. He could "possibly" play against PG, provided we win this week, but he would be taking a chance from what I understood.