PDA

View Full Version : Liberty/Orangefield matchup what do you think?

LP-DB
11-09-2002, 08:03 PM
What do you think of this Great first round matchup?

I personally think liberty will come out and play a dominate game and take home the W.

Bo Havard's Defense will step up this week and parctice hard and take care of orangefield's "O".

redneckplayer010
11-09-2002, 08:27 PM
does anyone know where we are playing?

bccards
11-09-2002, 08:35 PM
OF Bobcats play AT Liberty (5-5) in the Bi-district round of the 3A Div. II playoffs on Friday at 7:30.

FBmania
11-09-2002, 08:40 PM
If Liberty takes care of the ball and their defense contains Sauceda, should be a Panther win.

GO PANTHERS!!!

Matthew328
11-09-2002, 08:57 PM
I think it is an advantage for Liberty to get this one at home...but I think Orangefield is a bit too strong...Orangefield by 13

Birdman
11-09-2002, 10:57 PM
Orangefield by 12. :cool:

RBARKER
11-09-2002, 11:26 PM
liberty by 10

Old Cardinal
11-09-2002, 11:32 PM
Orangefield by 10....The best thing that ever happened to them was when BC got their attention. They have proven to me in the last few games that they are capable of playing with most 3A teams.

FBmania
11-10-2002, 12:15 AM
Hardin was up 6-0 at the half against OF. That game was not the blow out it appeared to be. Liberty can beat them. If Liberty shuts down Sauceda, Orangefield will have their hands full.

<small>[ November 09, 2002, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

3ABirdMan
11-10-2002, 01:01 AM
Liberty can't shut down Suaceda. Bridge City slowed him down, but didn't totally stop him. I think Liberty's hands will be empty - with no Sauceda in them!

Orangefield by 17

Go BobCats! Your neighbors are pulling for you!

bubbabrown07
11-10-2002, 04:04 AM
If a team depends on the play of one man, then they are not destined to make it very far. At the beginning and all through the season, Liberty has been underestimated and criticized (our own hometown is just now beginning to sway back to our side and the ignorant outsider criticism is fading) due to the fact that we lack any "star players". We've practiced as a team, played as a team, and overcome the odds as a TEAM. E. Moss and S. Havard have stepped up big and racked up some stats, but they have served more as team leaders than all-stars. Now, I'll admit, I do not know that much about the Orangefield Bobcats or Sauceda,(We'll get to know them a little bit better while reviewing film this week) but all I can say is that I guarantee that we will come out prepared to fight until the bitter end. Win or lose, we WILL silence the critics. Expect a battle.... wink

bubbabrown07
11-10-2002, 04:08 AM
Oh, and best of luck to the BH Eagles in what should prove to be one great matchup with the Cardinals....
Give 'em hell!

I'm outta here for now.... :)

LP-DB
11-10-2002, 05:22 PM
Liberty Panthers love going into a game the underdogs..we have faced every type of criticism, from the "supposed" fans in Liberty. we will go out on friday and try and change everyones attitude toward the liberty ball club. come out and watch us this will be a fight till the end..

# 80

AggieJohn
11-10-2002, 05:59 PM
3ABirdMan:
Liberty can't shut down Suaceda. Bridge City slowed him down, but didn't totally stop him. I think Liberty's hands will be empty - with no Sauceda in them!

Orangefield by 17

Go BobCats! Your neighbors are pulling for you!Hardin SHUT Suaceda DOWN!!!!....and they didn't have S. HAVARD or A. MOSS

Bobkat
11-10-2002, 07:03 PM
Okay, I wasn't going to say a lot this week about this game. Mainly, because I believe either team could win this ball game, and now that Liberty has homefield advantage, I would even make them the favorite. Both teams are playing real well right now and I think it's going to be a great high school football game.
I do however want to respond to a few comments on this thread. First of all, I wouldn't say that Hardin shut down Sauceda. If you consider 110 yards on 22 carries as shutting a player down, well I would have to disagree. Pretty good night if you ask me and that's not counting a couple of runs he had called back that would have put him close to the 200 yard mark on the night. And before you start, I know penalties are apart of the game, but I don't believe I've ever seen four holding penalties called on one team in a row on a very critical drive before the half. But I saw it last Friday, and don't get me wrong...Hardin has a very scrappy football team and I think they'll give Coldsprings a pretty good game, but now I've seen firsthand what other teams in this district have said about playing at Hardin. Anahuac fans complained when they played there about the officiating and I accused them of making excuses for their loss, but now I apologize.
Another comment on this thread was about the game being a lot closer than it really was. True Hardin was leading 6-0 at the half, and Orangefield definetly didn't play a very good half of football. But they came out the second half and made the right adjustments and put 32 points on the board. To me that's the sign of a pretty good football team. Orangefield put up 17 points by the halfway mark in the 3rd qtr and played incredible defense the rest of the game. It was 25 to 6 to start the 4th qtr and some of the backups got into the game and played real well. The final touchdown was a 81 yard touchdown run with 3 minutes to play to put the final nail in the coffin. So it really wasn't as close the final score indicated...it was alot worse.
eek!

FBmania
11-10-2002, 08:52 PM
Bobkat:
Okay, I wasn't going to say a lot this week about this game. Mainly, because I believe either team could win this ball game, and now that Liberty has homefield advantage, I would even make them the favorite. Both teams are playing real well right now and I think it's going to be a great high school football game.
I do however want to respond to a few comments on this thread. First of all, I wouldn't say that Hardin shut down Sauceda. If you consider 110 yards on 22 carries as shutting a player down, well I would have to disagree. Pretty good night if you ask me and that's not counting a couple of runs he had called back that would have put him close to the 200 yard mark on the night. And before you start, I know penalties are apart of the game, but I don't believe I've ever seen four holding penalties called on one team in a row on a very critical drive before the half. But I saw it last Friday, and don't get me wrong...Hardin has a very scrappy football team and I think they'll give Coldsprings a pretty good game, but now I've seen firsthand what other teams in this district have said about playing at Hardin. Anahuac fans complained when they played there about the officiating and I accused them of making excuses for their loss, but now I apologize.
Another comment on this thread was about the game being a lot closer than it really was. True Hardin was leading 6-0 at the half, and Orangefield definetly didn't play a very good half of football. But they came out the second half and made the right adjustments and put 32 points on the board. To me that's the sign of a pretty good football team. Orangefield put up 17 points by the halfway mark in the 3rd qtr and played incredible defense the rest of the game. It was 25 to 6 to start the 4th qtr and some of the backups got into the game and played real well. The final touchdown was a 81 yard touchdown run with 3 minutes to play to put the final nail in the coffin. So it really wasn't as close the final score indicated...it was alot worse.
eek! Bobkat, I said "if they could shutdown Sauceda, that OF would have their hands full." What I should have said was contain him. I know he's a great back and will be a load to handle.

trojandad
11-10-2002, 09:17 PM
Help me out. The Chronicle says Sauceda had 67 yards on 19 carries. Who is right, the Chronicle or Bobkat? If Hardin held him to basically 3 yards a carry, I would say he was shut down, if Bobkat is right, then Sauceda had a heck of a night. I still believe the home field give Liberty a huge advantage.

Will Liberty be the home team? I know that sounds silly to ask, but it turns out that Coldspring will be the away team in their meeting with Hardin, better record and being the A team notwithstanding. Maybe we should get the Liberty coach to negotiate for us on playoff games. LOL

Also, what can anyone tell me about Hardin? I will see a tape on them this week, but the only thing I have heard is they have one 300 pound athlete that can fly. Any help would be appreciated.

Bobkat
11-10-2002, 10:57 PM
Hardin has a scrappy bunch of kids that gets after it. Their not real big, and I didn't see a 300 pounder that could fly, they had a tackle that's pushing 300 but he's not even their best lineman. They're pretty quick to the ball on defense, but they're small. They run alot of 3 back sets on offense and they like to run the option. Overall their just a well-coached team that doesn't have a bunch of stud athletes, but they make up for it by getting after you.

The guy that keeps the stats for the team and the local newspapers in the triangle had Sauceda with those totals. I call in the stats and scoring to a local radio station after each qtr. and I had him with the same yardage. Not sure where the chronicle got their info. Good luck to Coldsprings this week, I think Hardin will play yall tough, but I think yall pull away at the end.

chinasprang
11-11-2002, 09:14 AM
GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!! FROM THE SOUNDS OF IT LIBERTY IS GONNA WIN AND ITS A PRETTY DISTANCE CHANCE BUT I WOULD BE AWSOME TO SEE YALL IN THE PLAYOFFS! GOOD LUCK TO YA ROB AND GOD BLESS (THAT GOES FOR THE REST OF THE TEAM ALSO)!

chinasprang
11-11-2002, 09:15 AM
GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!! FROM THE SOUNDS OF IT LIBERTY IS GONNA WIN AND ITS A PRETTY DISTANCE CHANCE BUT I WOULD BE AWSOME TO SEE YALL IN THE PLAYOFFS! GOOD LUCK TO YA ROB AND GOD BLESS (THAT GOES FOR THE REST OF THE TEAM ALSO)!

AggieJohn
11-11-2002, 02:29 PM
Liberty's defense will give sauceda a hard night no doubt...now they have faced pretty good RB before in Barber's hill's carrington and shut him down...don't count liberty out...well go ahead and count them out...i'm sure that makes them have more fury...oh yeah..to the whole team...what in the world is with that dance after the win??? just curious???
and i agree with brown's statement about a team can rely on just one player...that's what coldsprings did and put a damper in their quest to have a perfect season...

5inchtaint
11-11-2002, 10:29 PM
If Bo stays CRUNK-and-FOCUSED...Liberty will win... :D wink

fakepunt
11-11-2002, 10:36 PM
Well i have to say that Alex Sauceda is not a one man show. Orangefield has a lot of weapons. He just racks up the big numbers. The offensive line is incredible. They aren't real big, but they stay on their blocks. The only chance that Liberty has to stopping Orangefield is play with 15 men on the field. The Bobcat "D" is a bunch of madmen that swarm to the football. I think this game maybe close before kick-off, but after that it will be all Orangefield. Go Cats. Oh and by the way I guess Liberty's head coach really didnt want to travel. Last year when they played B.C. they didnt have much of a fan support. Im sure they will have a large crowd Friday, since it will be there last game.

fakepunt
11-11-2002, 10:37 PM
Well i have to say that Alex Sauceda is not a one man show. Orangefield has a lot of weapons. He just racks up the big numbers. The offensive line is incredible. They aren't real big, but they stay on their blocks. The only chance that Liberty has to stopping Orangefield is play with 15 men on the field. The Bobcat "D" is a bunch of madmen that swarm to the football. I think this game maybe close before kick-off, but after that it will be all Orangefield. Go Cats. Oh and by the way I guess Liberty's head coach really didnt want to travel. Last year when they played B.C. they didnt have much of a fan support. Im sure they will have a large crowd Friday, since it will be there last game.

j-dub05
11-11-2002, 10:40 PM
Orangefield isnt taking Liberty seriously. Liberty is focused and will jump out to an early lead. nobody is picking Liberty to win, and that just makes them work that much harder. Liberty was 26 point underdogs to Splendora and beat them by 2 touchdowns. thats a 40 point swing.
Liberty by 21.

-The other #10

fakepunt
11-11-2002, 10:41 PM

redneckplayer010
11-11-2002, 11:04 PM
madmen, huh?

well obviously they can't be too mad if they allowed hardin to score on them... and, the coaches flipped for home at home, so if you guys won we would have just made your last defeat in orangefield... anyways... i'd advise you not to take us lightly, because we are going to win either way you prepare for the game... and if the bo-camotive, drew, and the rest of the defensive unit can play like they did against bh and contain salsa like they did carrington, well i see it being a long night for the bobcats.

BigRed01
11-11-2002, 11:09 PM
If you hear the fans of Liberty, I would think they were 10-0 bringing a powerhouse of a team to meet the bobcats. Don't underestimate Orangefield. My prediction is they beat Liberty by 14 points. Liberty does not possess the weapons of a BC or BH team, and that's what you would need in order to wreck that 8-2 OF team. I believe Liberty is 5-5, and was destroyed by BC, who played there second and third strings against them, as well as the Hill put a hurting on them as well. We may have put it on the Bobcats, but I still think OF runs wild on Liberty

AggieJohn
11-11-2002, 11:15 PM
fakepunt:
Well i have to say that Alex Sauceda is not a one man show. Orangefield has a lot of weapons. He just racks up the big numbers. The offensive line is incredible. They aren't real big, but they stay on their blocks. The only chance that Liberty has to stopping Orangefield is play with 15 men on the field. The Bobcat "D" is a bunch of madmen that swarm to the football. I think this game maybe close before kick-off, but after that it will be all Orangefield. Go Cats. Oh and by the way I guess Liberty's head coach really didnt want to travel. Last year when they played B.C. they didnt have much of a fan support. Im sure they will have a large crowd Friday, since it will be there last game.your just about immature...

LP-DB
11-12-2002, 09:19 PM
Listen we are goin to come out read to play i feel really confident in our team now..we have come a long way from the beginning of the season..
Expect a Long hard fought battle.say what you say but all the talking will be done on friday night either way it goes..

# 80

AP_OLB_1
11-12-2002, 11:59 PM
we (anahuac) though the same thing about orangfield....we went into the locker room at halftime with a 10-0 margin on them... but in the second half alex sauseta came out blazing with most of his 300+ yards in that second half... our offense drove the ball all night on them, costly turnovers got us though... i do think that OF is beatable but you have to shut down the run first... i pick OF over LP 28-14

AggieJohn
11-13-2002, 01:29 PM
AP_OLB_1:
we (anahuac) though the same thing about orangfield....we went into the locker room at halftime with a 10-0 margin on them... but in the second half alex sauseta came out blazing with most of his 300+ yards in that second half... our offense drove the ball all night on them, costly turnovers got us though... i do think that OF is beatable but you have to shut down the run first... i pick OF over LP 28-14see the difference between anahuac and liberty is that liberty's strong point is thier defense...yes a lot of talk is put into their offense which is good..but their defense is super...and yeah their is a lot of talk about how good moss and havard are..and they are...but a lot of credit has to be given to the D-line...they don't let much get up the middle....

L.P #72-BRUNO-
11-14-2002, 07:49 PM
tell em joel, they really arent taking Liberty seriously, but they'll see when the time limit expires and has all zeros and they look up and see that Liberty has more points on the scoreboard than Orangefield, then MAYBE then they'll take us seriously. and all other teams around will see that Liberty is not the same old team they were when the year first started or our past Varsity teams, were much better. We came a long way form what we were predicted to be or not to be.

BigRed01
11-14-2002, 08:28 PM
I don't see where the Liberty defense is that strong. Maybe, I'm not seeing something you guys are. I see the following scores allowed by Liberty throughout there season. I see the defense gave up the following points, 40, 30, 14, 13, 14, 22, 34, 6, 7, 7, .....the last three scores coming from Tarkington, HH, and Cleveland. Other than that, people pretty much ran on Liberty pretty bad. I think if anything that has to be the achillies heal. This is the reason I think Sauceda runs wild during this game. I don't feel Liberty can stop a back that has real skill. What is your basis for saying that the defense is really good? Liberty will be no pushover, very few teams are in the playoffs, however, to stop Sauceda, you are really going to have to elevate the defense more than what you showed throughout the year.

AggieJohn
11-14-2002, 10:16 PM
BigRed01:
I don't see where the Liberty defense is that strong. Maybe, I'm not seeing something you guys are. I see the following scores allowed by Liberty throughout there season. I see the defense gave up the following points, 40, 30, 14, 13, 14, 22, 34, 6, 7, 7, .....the last three scores coming from Tarkington, HH, and Cleveland. Other than that, people pretty much ran on Liberty pretty bad. I think if anything that has to be the achillies heal. This is the reason I think Sauceda runs wild during this game. I don't feel Liberty can stop a back that has real skill. What is your basis for saying that the defense is really good? Liberty will be no pushover, very few teams are in the playoffs, however, to stop Sauceda, you are really going to have to elevate the defense more than what you showed throughout the year.Well let's look at it this way....their was a major turnaround here....this much we both should agree on....34 points from BH was because of offensive turnovers...22 was from the funkiest game with a great and lucky last couple minutes in coldsprings offensive game ...now let's look at orangefield...lost to BC...Orangefields defense allowed BC to score 28 points in the first half....Liberty let them score 17....BC got 389 total yards against OF...BC only got 252 against us....that's a good running back having a good night...his name was peebles...Ya wanna compare defense's...Hardin let sauceda have 76 yrds(and he had 14 Tds on the year)...so you would think that Hardin's Defense stopped Orangefields Main RB...but let's futher more look at BH's carrington who you will meet tommorrow night....liberty held him to 24 yards(and he had 22 tds on the Season)...liberty know's how to prepare for offenses and their RB's...

<small>[ November 14, 2002, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: explayer2001 ]</small>

redneckplayer010
11-14-2002, 10:23 PM
truer words were never spoken because moss and the BO-camotive will demolish all weaklings in their path.. hehe

but seriously, our defense has definately shaped up and is not a weakness anymore