PDA

View Full Version : Navasota/Sealy Game

Bellville22
10-26-2002, 11:18 AM
I made the trip down to the "Snakepit", which more appropriately could have been called the "Mudpit" last night to watch the game. I'm not surprised that Navasota won, but I am a little surprised at how poorly Sealy played. They are certainly not built to play on slippery track. They have two talented, quick, but small backs who are unable to really lower the shoulder and run over somebody. They run the ball about 95% of the time and really rely on those guys finding a little daylight and using their speed rather than size. They didn't adjust well at all to field conditions, and never really got anything going, except for about a 5 play spirt in the middle of the 4th. Navasota, on the other hand, had a big back who was able to break a few tackles and get the extra yds. at the end of a run. They mainly ran straight up the field the whole night for 3-4 yards a pop, mixing in an occasional option keep, where the QB did a good job of cutting it up and getting some yards. They were definately better fit for the conditions and better prepared than Sealy. Not to take anything away from Navasota, whose defense (who played very well against Bellville last week) absolutely put the clamps down on everything Sealy tried to do, but on a dry field this perhaps could have been a different game. I'm not saying Sealy wins, cause the Rattlers are definately solid, but I would have liked to see those two quick backs have a chance to turn the corner. Watch out for Navasota, but don't count out Sealy yet. As a Bellville fan, I'm not relaxing a bit, I know that when that rivalry takes center stage in Sealy in a couple weeks(possibly w/ a DC on the line), theres gonna be some competitive, smash-mouth football, just like it should be.

IBRINGTHEHAT
10-26-2002, 06:42 PM
Navasota is playing some pretty impressive football, even in their loss to Bellville. I'm looking for Bellville, Sealy, and Navasota for the playoffs.