PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Texans (9-3) vs Rockport-Fulton Pirates (9-3)

Tejastrue
11-24-2019, 08:11 PM
Friday 7:30 Veterans Memorial Stadium - Beeville Texas

Texans are home team.

Last game: Rockport-Fulton 56 Hondo 25, Wimberley 63 Raymondville 35

Texans running game is really starting to click. Combine that with an already stellar passing attack and great things can happen. Both teams seem to be putting it all together at the right time. Maybe someone can give us some insight on the Pirates. I do know they run the slot-t. Go Texans!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2019, 08:39 PM
7-0 since going back to slot T and moving qb to rb.
RckptFan knows them well.
Both of y'all seem to be peaking at the right time.

RkptFltn
11-25-2019, 09:32 AM
Hmm insight. Hope you don't mind it coming from this dummy.

RF started the season out in the spread (In preparation to transition next year for the coaches kid coming in as a freshman (not a fan of this move)). We barely beat Aransas pass, then proceeded to get thumped by El Campo. In the first half against Alice we only ran the spread. It was ugly. We came out in the second half in the Slot-T, 9 plays and 70 yard later we are in the endzone. I dont know the stats on this game, but i do know we lined up in the Slot-t on 3 different drives, and two netted a touchdown. In the 4th quarter for some reason HC had us out in the spread, and it was dead in the water.

Eventually coaching staff moved back to the Slot-T and moved our best athlete to RB instead of QB. Since then we are averaging 51 points per game. Tailback #26 has been insured since Ingleside game, he is a sophomore. Not sure if he will be ready to go Friday. The second string kid is no joke either. Rest of team is healthy.

I will say, Rockport has never been very good against the pass. Outside of Sinton, we dont face any teams that can throw the ball very well. Hondo had us beat through the air all night. They just had vaseline on their gloves. Both teams should be able to score. If weather is as bad as projected, i think it favors the slot-T.

Thats enough armchair analysis for me. Good luck to both teams Friday night. Looking forward to this game. Hoping for good weather.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2019, 03:53 PM
Before the Rockport game, Sinton hadn't pass much. They came out passing in that game not so good for a qtr as they abandon the run that night. Wimberley can do both pretty good in only time i've seen them this season.

Going with the Green Pirates in a last team with the ball scores to win it.

DCTF line: Texans by 3

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2019, 05:39 PM
Texans win this one

Tejastrue
11-27-2019, 10:50 PM
Go Texans!

ogg
11-28-2019, 01:46 AM
Texans by 14

Tejastrue
11-28-2019, 07:31 PM
The boys are smelling blood.

Tejastrue
11-29-2019, 04:41 PM
I was concerned about the weather hurting the Texan passing game tonight then I watched UT vs Texas Tech game. Go Texans!

Tejastrue
11-30-2019, 12:15 PM
What a game! Texans helped keep the Pirates in it early with a face masked penalty on a fg attempt and then a pick 6 /strip giving them the confidence needed to make it a real slobber knocker fest. They actually took the lead in the 4th. Defense stepped up with a pick 6 late but special teams gave up a long kick return that helped create the last second drama. Awesome team Rockport! I know you guys will be back. Congrats on a great season!

stats:

http://teamplayer.statesman.com/web/home.php?site=default&tpl=Boxscore&mkt=&ID=31364&Season=2019&Sport=1&tab=tab1#tab1