PDA

View Full Version : Bellville (9-3) vs West Orange-Stark (9-1), 6:30 p.m. Friday at Porter

Scoop27
11-23-2019, 04:57 PM
The Brahmas are on a roll after a big win over Jasper but the Mustangs were impressive as well against La Grange.

Webcast
http://www.bellvillesports.com/

Pudlugger
11-23-2019, 06:24 PM
LG has played both and this will be a great match up of two powerhouse teams playing at the top of their game. WOS is more balanced on offense with their passing game and stable of big fast receivers while Bellville has a big physical defense and, on offense, a couple of big stud running backs that can break for big plays and an O line that will match up well with the 3 down lineman defensive set of WOS . If the Brahmas can pressure the Mustang Qb and cover the WRs they can get the stops they will need to hold down the score and let their offense do its work. That will be tough to do as those guys can fly. Both teams are well coached and play with precision and execute well. This should be the big game of the week.

GUNHO
11-23-2019, 07:41 PM
This is going to be a big test for both.After the Giddings game Belville has been playing some good ball.Been telling people i thought Belville was the dark horse of this bracket and here they are in the area semi's.Great win against Jasper that I'm sure has pumped those kids up.We better buckle up.lol

WOS1
11-23-2019, 11:20 PM
Jasper is notorious for being unable to stop the Wing-T. Orangefield has beat them a few times they shouldn't have.

GUNHO
11-24-2019, 08:52 AM
Not taking anything away from Bellville but it was a tight game the first half but Jasper just fell apart with penalties,turnovers and undisciplined conduct.Not saying Jasper would have won if not for that but I don't think Bellville wins by that margin.WOS is pretty good at defending the Wing-T except for teams that pass out of it....AKA Pleasantgrove.lol

WOS1
11-24-2019, 10:20 AM
I think Bellville is going to do what they do. If you fall a part, like Jasper did, they're going to break some plays on you and it could get out of hand. On another note, you have to like how the offense has been playing. Still got some penalties to clean up, but they looked sharp.

GUNHO
11-24-2019, 12:21 PM
Night and day from the first five games.Coach was beside himself...moving and bringing up kids who wanted to play and listen.Even in wins was not happy.Some coaches just go with the flow and no matter how bad his kids play praises them and does nothing to fixing the problems.That's the difference between a winning and losing program.Well at least for those that have the talent.

MJMbrahmas10
11-24-2019, 12:26 PM
Wasn’t too confident about this game. But after seeing what we did to jasper. I like our chances. The past games against WOS haven’t been competitive at all. I’m hoping this one will be. Bellvilles offense is at an all time level for Rowe. Pretty scary. Have fun stopping Reese and Briggs.

GUNHO
11-24-2019, 02:29 PM
Oh yea of little faith.The way Bellville has been playing lately I knew they could play with Jasper.Just like I think they can play with WOS.WOS has the type of defense that will bend but not break often.Reese and Briggs might get their yards but I don't think that will beat us.WOS is peeking at the right time and just keeps getting better with each game.I like our chances but I also know the team with less mistakes and executes is going to win.

WOS1
11-24-2019, 03:14 PM
I knew Jasper was going to have trouble with Bville. Like I said above, they have always struggled against a good, discipline, Wing T team. They struggled against them last year, too, just had enough talent to overcome and I think Bville is better.

Pudlugger
11-24-2019, 04:46 PM
Oh yea of little faith.The way Bellville has been playing lately I knew they could play with Jasper.Just like I think they can play with WOS.WOS has the type of defense that will bend but not break often.Reese and Briggs might get their yards but I don't think that will beat us.WOS is peeking at the right time and just keeps getting better with each game.I like our chances but I also know the team with less mistakes and executes is going to win.

Bellville must be able to capitalize on any mistakes WOS makes. That is not easy as LG was unable to do that three times. What Bellville has in this matchup is an O line that can compete with the big three man front of WOS. That will get the Brahma rbs into the secondary and they are hard to tackle. Bellville matches up well against WOS. This should be a very competitive game. I look forward to listening to it.

griff
11-24-2019, 09:07 PM
Not taking anything away from Bellville but it was a tight game the first half but Jasper just fell apart with penalties,turnovers and undisciplined conduct.Not saying Jasper would have won if not for that but I don't think Bellville wins by that margin.WOS is pretty good at defending the Wing-T except for teams that pass out of it....AKA Pleasantgrove.lol

Pleasant Grove is the ONLY team we've ever seen that can pass effectively from that offensive set. That's how they beat us in the SC. It's a big credit to their coaching staff. Bellville does not have the passing game or athletic WRs that PG had two years ago.

MJMbrahmas10
11-25-2019, 02:50 PM
We don’t have a passing game at all. And we don’t have receivers at all. Just running backs and tightend that can make big plays when called upon. But it’s mostly one man routes used to soften the defense. We don’t really need to complete any passes. Just throw a couple out there to let them know.

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2019, 05:41 PM
This game will be over by halftime and Bellville will be airing up basketballs the 2nd half

buff4ever
11-26-2019, 05:08 PM
Bad news for Bellville in this one is that WOS knows how to defend this offense. As well as you have been running it of late, will not matter. WOS has the athletes and the discipline to shut down an offense they see several times a year.

WOS will likely walk away with a couple score win in this one. Would love to see Bellville prove me wrong, but don't think so.

WOS1
11-26-2019, 07:05 PM
The only thing is that Bellville isnt going to see the same defense that LG saw. WOS will have a different front for a run heavy Slot or Wing T team. They will force the pass and play man coverage. Bellville will have to be capable of moving the ball consistently through the air. Whether they can or not remains to be seen. Big difference between throwing it because you want to and throwing it because you have to.

zebrablue2
11-28-2019, 10:17 AM
Great job by the bulls again this yr! Rowe has once again done a great job making a team believe. Best of luck this week!!!

GUNHO
11-29-2019, 10:44 AM
Game day,Go Mustangs.