PDA

View Full Version : El Campo (10-2) vs Liberty Hill (6-5), 7:30 p.m. Friday at Bastrop’s Memorial Stadium

Scoop27
11-23-2019, 04:50 PM
The Ricebirds are on a roll after big win over Beeville Jones and Liberty Hill riding high after big victory.

Webcast
www.kulpradio.com

panfan
11-25-2019, 12:00 PM
Both teams are solid - should be a great game. I'm thinking LH takes this one by 3 - FG kickers make the difference here.

speedbump
11-25-2019, 03:18 PM
This game probably won't last long enough to be a very high scoring affair. ECs disciplined ,hard nosed defense and over all speed will be to much for the Panthers. Ricebirds 27 - 17

jason
11-25-2019, 03:59 PM
Pigskin has LH favored by 2

Saggy Aggie
11-25-2019, 05:36 PM
This LH team is a different animal than the one that lost 5 games earlier this year...

I’ll take the panthers but EC will make them work for it

speedbump
11-25-2019, 06:58 PM
This LH team is a different animal than the one that lost 5 games earlier this year...

I’ll take the panthers but EC will make them work for it

This was where I thought we would see our rematch. I don't know what happened to the Necks but nobody can convince me that LH was that much better. Sometimes those anomalies come out of nowhere so I'll call it a fluke. LaFeria probably wouldn't have made the playoffs in our district so that LH romp didn't tell me much. Gonna be fun and a rematch with Stredick would be great. sort of.

Saggy Aggie
11-26-2019, 10:09 AM
Columbia managed to fumble 4 times by their second offensive play (2 on special teams, and 2 on the first 2 plays).

LH got an early lead and wore down the D immediately because of that. Necks hung in there for a while but eventually more fumbles and a blocked punt for a TD put it away.

You could see the players mail it in at that point. That game could’ve gone very differently.... I’ll just say that

That being said, LH is much better than their record indicates. I think they had several key players out for a couple of those losses

panfan
11-26-2019, 11:04 AM
Columbia managed to fumble 4 times by their second offensive play (2 on special teams, and 2 on the first 2 plays).

LH got an early lead and wore down the D immediately because of that. Necks hung in there for a while but eventually more fumbles and a blocked punt for a TD put it away.

You could see the players mail it in at that point. That game could’ve gone very differently.... I’ll just say that

That being said, LH is much better than their record indicates. I think they had several key players out for a couple of those losses

OK - but doesn't explain the 8 that WC was able to put up. LH offense had their way with WC D, and the LH D held them to 8. I think that the ricebird faithful are feeling a bit on edge facing a team that destroyed the team that beat them. :evillol::evillol:

I hope its a great game - evenly matched. Blowouts are no fun - and don't interpret this as I think LH will blowout EC, I don't. I still believe this is gonna be a close game.

Doesn't EC also run Slot -T or they used to?

speedbump
11-26-2019, 11:37 AM
OK - but doesn't explain the 8 that WC was able to put up. LH offense had their way with WC D, and the LH D held them to 8. I think that the ricebird faithful are feeling a bit on edge facing a team that destroyed the team that beat them. :evillol::evillol:

I hope its a great game - evenly matched. Blowouts are no fun - and don't interpret this as I think LH will blowout EC, I don't. I still believe this is gonna be a close game.

El Campo runs a multiple wing and has never run the slot t as far as I know. They will be at least as physical and more disciplined than WC. Gonna be a good one for sure.

panfan
11-26-2019, 02:23 PM
El Campo runs a multiple wing and has never run the slot t as far as I know. They will be at least as physical and more disciplined than WC. Gonna be a good one for sure.

Ahh, two opposing running teams - the team that wins the line of scrimmage wins the game - will be all about the o-line it sounds like giving the backs opportunity to reach the second level.

Anyone know if this game might be live streamed anywhere?

speedbump
11-26-2019, 03:04 PM
Ahh, two opposing running teams - the team that wins the line of scrimmage wins the game - will be all about the o-line it sounds like giving the backs opportunity to reach the second level.

Anyone know if this game might be live streamed anywhere?

If the EC backs reach the second level there is a good chance they will be gone.

https://www.texanlive.com/2019/11/el-campo-10-2-vs-liberty-hill-6-5-730pm-bastrop-memorial-stadium-regional-semi-finals-football-playoffs/

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/uil/gam5ee438aeaa

LHPfactory
11-27-2019, 08:07 AM
Pigskin picked LH along with a few other computers, but Stepp, Padilla, and Grant n Terry from Sideline 2 Sideline all picked El Campo. I get it, most are still troubled by the 5 losses this fall and El Campo is 10-2 right now with 3 outstanding running backs. LH is taking it a game at a time and a different team than they were just over a month ago. There were several intangibles that came into play earlier in the season. Its actually fun being the monkey wrench in the clockworks.

panfan
11-27-2019, 11:28 AM
Pigskin picked LH along with a few other computers, but Stepp, Padilla, and Grant n Terry from Sideline 2 Sideline all picked El Campo. I get it, most are still troubled by the 5 losses this fall and El Campo is 10-2 right now with 3 outstanding running backs. LH is taking it a game at a time and a different team than they were just over a month ago. There were several intangibles that came into play earlier in the season. Its actually fun being the monkey wrench in the clockworks.

I'm glad they got the monkey off their back and threw a wrench into other's plans. Keep it going.

speedbump
11-27-2019, 11:48 AM
I'm glad they got the monkey off their back and threw a wrench into other's plans. Keep it going.

That monkey will be replaced by a gorilla Friday night.:taunt:

panfan
11-27-2019, 12:04 PM
That monkey will be replaced by a gorilla Friday night.:taunt:

I think we can deal with it. :p:p

speedbump
11-27-2019, 12:24 PM
I think we can deal with it. :p:p

LOL - Looks like my cousin Buford.

bobcat1
11-27-2019, 01:21 PM
I've watched how LH has been paying lately. I am picking them.

speedbump
11-27-2019, 03:05 PM
I've watched how LH has been paying lately. I am picking them.

That photo tells me you know how to catch fish. That's a good thing,because if you had to depend on your predictions to feed you, the photo would be of a stick figure holding a pencil.:p

Saggy Aggie
11-27-2019, 08:37 PM

LH was the better team. You’re not going to convince me they’re anywhere close to as good as the score would indicate against WC

I’ll just leave it there...

bobcat1
11-28-2019, 10:19 AM
That photo tells me you know how to catch fish. That's a good thing,because if you had to depend on your predictions to feed you, the photo would be of a stick figure holding a pencil.:p

:D That's a true statement! Have been wrong before so it won't surprise me if I am again. I've been picking El Campo all year but this game I trusted a hunch that the ship is righted in LH.

cowboyandchrist
11-28-2019, 10:48 AM
I am not pulling for either team, but I would really like a rematch with LH, specially after the running back talking smack on video. If the Dawgs make it to the semi finals and LH is there I can promise you the Dawgs are much better this year.

Saggy Aggie
11-28-2019, 12:07 PM
Next week will be the end of the road for whoever wins this game anyways

panfan
11-29-2019, 09:25 PM
LH looking good so far

17 0 over EC whole other half to play though

speedbump
11-29-2019, 11:19 PM
The Panthers defense was just to much for the Birds. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way, The Ricebirds went 10-3 while starting 2 freshmen, 3 sophs and 2 Jr's. (and fr. Kicker)most of the season. The D was very similar. Lots of fun and tons to look forward to. :wave:

panfan
11-29-2019, 11:30 PM
Congrats on a great season EC. Good game, got a little chippy on both sides, but overall good solid ball game.

Saggy Aggie
11-29-2019, 11:35 PM
The Panthers defense was just to much for the Birds. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way, The Ricebirds went 10-3 while starting 2 freshmen, 3 sophs and 2 Jr's. (and fr. Kicker)most of the season. The D was very similar. Lots of fun and tons to look forward to. :wave:

I tried to tell you this LH squad was a hell of a lot better than their record indicates...