PDA

View Full Version : Area Round: La Grange (8-3) vs. West Orange Stark (8-1), 7:30 p.m. Friday in Conroe

Scoop27
11-19-2019, 09:00 AM
Have to go with the Mustangs in a close one

GUNHO
11-19-2019, 11:42 AM
La Grange has given up a lot of points and has had some close games.They were going in the wrong direction but had a win over Smithville and La Marque.WOS has a stingy defense as usual and the offense seems to be coming together at the right time.They have been turnover pron this year keeping some teams in games.The turnovers have seemed to come early in games so they were able to overcome them.The one exception was the Newton game where they lost 20-14.Last meeting between these two was 2014 with WOS winning 42-7 in the quarterfinals.

Pudlugger
11-19-2019, 12:02 PM
Right now things don't look good for La Grange. We played La Marque to win 12-7 without 4 starters including our #1 rusher and Wildcat quarterback Johnson, passing quarterback Cooper, tackle Wilder and place kicker Orona. Our WR Brandt filled in at Qb and our offense went to the passing game which was effective enough to put up enough points for the win. Our defense really gets the credit for holding the Cougars to 7 and giving out offense good field position. Even with everyone healthy it would be an uphill battle against the Mustangs so unless we get healthy fast and real lucky it could be a long night for the Leps.

Pudlugger
11-20-2019, 02:57 PM
Our local paper reported that because of the flu only 28 of the 40 varsity players on the roster suited up Friday and they had to bring up freshman and jv to make the trip. Apparently it was worse than I thought. The good news is many of the ones who were out Friday will be back for this Friday's game. No word on our qb or running back situation however. We'll have our 1st string place kicker and punter back and all of our defense though. Maybe we can get some good field position. :) If ever there was a time for the defense to step up this is it. Go Leps!

GUNHO
11-21-2019, 12:31 PM
Our local paper reported that because of the flu only 28 of the 40 varsity players on the roster suited up Friday and they had to bring up freshman and jv to make the trip. Apparently it was worse than I thought. The good news is many of the ones who were out Friday will be back for this Friday's game. No word on our qb or running back situation however. We'll have our 1st string place kicker and punter back and all of our defense though. Maybe we can get some good field position. :) If ever there was a time for the defense to step up this is it. Go Leps!

That's good to hear.Your other post sounded like y'all would be limping into Conroe.Safe travels and hope for an injury free game.

Pudlugger
11-21-2019, 02:30 PM
Thanks GUNHO. Same here to WOS fans and team.

Tejastrue
11-21-2019, 06:38 PM
https://www.texanlive.com/2019/11/west-orange-stark-vs-la-grange-730pm-11-22-2019-moorhead-stadium-area-round-football-playoffs/

WOSgrad
11-21-2019, 10:18 PM
According to an article on the local radio station's (KOGT.com) website, Coach Thompson was of the understanding that the qb and rb were not injured or sick, but were suspended for the game and should be back this week. Anything to that?

Scoop27
11-21-2019, 10:24 PM
La Grange webcast
www.kvlgkbuk.com

Pudlugger
11-22-2019, 07:24 AM
Maybe, I am out of the loop here. Our paper said we had someone out for "eligibility" so that might be the case. The qb and rb are one and the same person I believe. He could have been ineligible for one game for some team infraction perhaps? He is a good kid and a team leader so I hope he and everyone else can suit up for this game. A chance to play WOS is a big deal. Cheers.

GUNHO
11-22-2019, 08:27 AM
Game day.Everybody buckle up.

buff4ever
11-22-2019, 03:10 PM
If LG doesn't look past this game they should be able to handle the stangs.

………..

JK, this game probably will be more than a 4 score spread. I was trying to be pudlike (hadn't messed with him all year). Hope LG can get after it in this game, but don't expect them to bring home a win.