PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City / Hardin vs. Barbers Hill playoff site

eagle08
11-04-2002, 05:27 PM
The Bridge City vs. Barbers Hill, or the Hardin vs. Barbers Hill first round playoff game will be held at the new Galena Park stadium. This brand new $22 million complex will make for a great playoff atmosphere. The game will be played Saturday, November 16, at 7:00 p.m. This will most likely be a matchup of Bridge City and Barbers Hill, but if Cleveland happens to beat Liberty this week it will be Hardin and Barbers Hill.

<small>[ November 04, 2002, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: eagle08 ]</small>

Old Cardinal
11-04-2002, 07:34 PM
I can't believe BC would agree to driving that far on a Saturday night, if they win the coin-toss?

RBARKER
11-04-2002, 08:10 PM
Is this if BH wins the coin toss? Or has BC already agreed? It would be a great place for a game I've heard that the stadium is outstanding complete with a jumbo screen for replays.

FBmania
11-04-2002, 08:44 PM
I read somewhere in here or on another board earlier this month that the BC coaches talk to a BH coach and both had said ( If the matchup was to happen )that they would like to play on turf. The Northshore field was discussed and also the Astrodome. Old card is there a turf field in BC area that you know of that would be available?

ElMeroMero
11-04-2002, 10:53 PM
So is this for sure or is it just a possiblity that it is gonna be there.

bccards
11-05-2002, 02:25 AM
the coaches wouldn't have already decided this.. if anything, they are just 'holding' the fields until the coin toss. Bridge City wouldn't travel to Galena Park w/o a coin toss, which has NOT happend yet.

FBMania: There are no turf fields around the Beaumont area at all.

FBmania
11-05-2002, 03:42 AM
Thanks bccards, I think that is the reason they agreed to play at Northshore. If it happens it will be a good game!

eagle08
11-06-2002, 12:14 AM
This site had been agreed to by both sides, but Galena Park saw green ($$) and gave the BC/BH time to the larger 5a schools. So now it is up in the air again. Where should this game be played? It is true that both sides would rather play on turf if possible. I heard possibly Aldine. If it comes down to flipping home and home I heard BC has a good chance at getting the Silsbee stadium, and BH could probably get Stallworth Stadium in Baytown. Lamar could be a possibility also, but none of the previous 3 stadiums mentioned are turf.

bccards
11-06-2002, 03:08 AM
right now its all hearsay, we will find out Saturday. Besides, Again - I HIGHLY doubt that Coach Tarver would have AGREED to do that w/o a coin toss. Why would ANYONE want to drive further than they should when they have a 50/50 shot of getting a closer stadium??? So until Saturday, I honestly don't really care where it's played at. Time will tell.

FBmania
11-06-2002, 01:11 PM
As of now you are right, word is that the 3a playoff game was bumped by a 5a playoff game at Northshore's new stadium. Makes sense really, more revenue potential from the larger 5a fan base. Who knows? I just hope it happens. Good luck this friday!

AggieJohn
11-06-2002, 01:38 PM
not that it matters for the liberty panthers..but i thought i would thrown it in for ya...but a guy that goes to my church is the head supervisor for grounds committen in galena park isd....i was talking to him the other night and he told me that it is the only field that g.p. has that he sees to personally...it's his baby...he told me that the turf is not actually like hard floor turf...it is kind of the fake plastic grass with millions of these small little rubber beads imbedded into it.....reduces the amount of strawberry's that one has to take.....if you've seen some of the reports about dallas's new field this year...that is basically the same stuff.....i'm going to talk to him tonight....see if i might be able to tell you more about the field and all the extras of the stadium...good luck bhill...represent or district well...

AggieJohn
11-06-2002, 01:42 PM
eagle08:
This site had been agreed to by both sides, but Galena Park saw green ($$) and gave the BC/BH time to the larger 5a schools. So now it is up in the air again. Where should this game be played? It is true that both sides would rather play on turf if possible. I heard possibly Aldine. If it comes down to flipping home and home I heard BC has a good chance at getting the Silsbee stadium, and BH could probably get Stallworth Stadium in Baytown. Lamar could be a possibility also, but none of the previous 3 stadiums mentioned are turf.Aldine is a great field....Liberty played at silsbee earlier this year....great place to play spacious enough for both teams...which i know travel well....stallworth is not worth investing your time into..trust me....i've seen it....but iguess if worse comes to worse

QBKilla
11-06-2002, 08:24 PM
Whats wrong with Stalworth?

AggieJohn
11-06-2002, 09:56 PM
QBKilla:
Whats wrong with Stalworth?

40Their is just far better sites that you can play at....far better...have you ever seen it....i drive by it almost every day....not too special especially for a playoff game.

QBKilla
11-06-2002, 10:25 PM
I've been in it several times. It's actually a pretty nice stadium. Under the stands it is very nice, it's very neat to see the players at field level when you are at the concession stand or just standing around. The playing surface is very nice as well. I personally don't see anything wrong with and I think it is one of the nicer grass stadiums around.

eagle08
11-06-2002, 10:49 PM
Hey I have an idea. Let's just play at Hamshire Fannett. We could have an electrician go over there Thursday night and get both the scoreboard and lights working REALLY good, and all the fans could bring their lawn chairs and sit around the fenceline. Plus its practically halfway for both teams. :)

ElMeroMero
11-09-2002, 01:38 AM
Ok now does anyone know where this one will be held when or where?

bccards
11-09-2002, 01:57 AM
ElMeroMero:
Ok now does anyone know where this one will be held when or where?No, They will decide in the morning. Look for it to be Baytown (not BH stadium), WO-S, or even Home and Home.

<small>[ November 09, 2002, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: bccards ]</small>

St. Ivender
11-09-2002, 06:08 AM
Stallworth is a nice stadium. BH fans need to pray that its not a home and home situation. You can't park a motorcycle at BC. But on the positive side Faustos stays open late after games. I reccommend the gumbo.

BH_146
11-09-2002, 10:06 AM
I haven't tried Faustos but I really like it when it was JJ's. They were very generous with their portions.

bccards
11-09-2002, 10:12 AM
They should have already met this morning and done the toss..

BC can handle 3A Parking - somewhat, but when we were 4A, whew it was a mess.

As for Faustos.. Sorry Fellers, Fausto's is already gone.. Now it's "Uncle Tubbies" but supposidly going to keep the same menu, but add a few and remove a few items... I'm sure that they'll still stay open late either way..lol

<small>[ November 09, 2002, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: bccards ]</small>