PDA

View Full Version : Way too early 4aD1 District 15 predictions

RkptFltn
11-08-2019, 09:27 AM
Looks like that district is getting a facelift next year. Of course all of this is dependent on lots of factors, but that doesnt mean we cant have fun debating it.

Calallen - 1192
Tuloso-Midway - 1155
Calhoun - 1098
Beevilee - 1016
Kingsville - 907
Rockport - 875

Who wins? who makes playoffs? Could this be one of the better districts in the state? Is it the best district in R4?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2019, 09:38 AM
Looks like that district is getting a facelift next year. Of course all of this is dependent on lots of factors, but that doesnt mean we cant have fun debating it.

Calallen - 1192
Tuloso-Midway - 1155
Calhoun - 1098
Beevilee - 1016
Kingsville - 907
Rockport - 875

Who wins? who makes playoffs? Could this be one of the better districts in the state? Is it the best district in R4?

1.Calallen/PLC
3.RF/Beeville

Outside chance of 4th
TM
No chance
Kingsville

RkptFltn
11-08-2019, 09:49 AM
Calallen and PLC both top 10 in 5aD2. Both of those programs should be strong next year. Presumably both top 10 programs at the 4aD1 level. Calallen edged out Needville 20-19 earlier this year. PLC plays Calallen friday. PLC would be undefeated had they not forfeited the game against Alice for using a suspended player. I think PLC beats Calallen Tonight. Either way, those are two solid programs coming in next year.

Then you have Beeville, who has quietly gone undefeated this year. Coach Soza picks up where he left off and has that team looking good.

Rockport-Fulton has made it a tradition to win a couple playoff games every year, and coming off back to back d2 D15 championships. There is a good chance we see the head coach's son start at varsity QB next year as a freshman. If so, this district will test him. Kid can throw 50 yards standing still with accuracy, but this isnt gonna be Robstown and West Oso anymore.

Tuloso-Midway has improved each year since Wade Miller has arrived. They stayed competitive against most of the 5a teams they played this year. From what ive heard kids are starting to buy in, and the participation numbers are going up at all levels.

Kingsville will be everyones homecoming game.

My way too early predictions for next season

Calhoun 5-0
Calallen 4-1
Beeville 3-2
Rockport 2-3
TM - 1-4
Kingsville 0-5

I think all 4 teams from d15 win in the first round sweeping d16 in playoffs.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-08-2019, 09:28 PM

Calallen - 1192
Tuloso-Midway - 1155
Calhoun - 1098
Beevilee - 1016
Kingsville - 907
Rockport - 875

Sadly, I don't think the district is going to look like this at all.

You still have La Feria, Hidalgo, La Grulla, and Zapata down south unless the UIL goes full retard like it did with 16 4A DII 2 years ago and makes them a 4-team district.

RkptFltn
11-09-2019, 11:19 AM
Sadly, I don't think the district is going to look like this at all.

You still have La Feria, Hidalgo, La Grulla, and Zapata down south unless the UIL goes full retard like it did with 16 4A DII 2 years ago and makes them a 4-team district.

There is a 4 team district down there right now in D2

Maybe send Kingsville with the valley district

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-09-2019, 04:07 PM
There is a 4 team district down there right now in D2

Maybe send Kingsville with the valley district

That was the afore-mentioned "UIL goes full retard like it did with 16 4A DII 2 years ago", sir.