PDA

View Full Version : Burnet is underrated

Colt42
10-04-2002, 11:59 AM
I think that Burnet is way underrated and will surprise alot of folks come playoffs

o'cowboy
10-04-2002, 12:12 PM
I don't think that being rated in almost every poll in the top 5 is underrated. There is not a that seperates teams in the top 10-15 and may even top 20. I think if you put the top 16 and paired any which way and had they play and then again in 5 weeks I think several of the games would come out different. "Any given Friday" and don't take it that I am saying their is parity from #1-#200.

Colt42
10-04-2002, 12:30 PM
Im not talkin bout just polls...everyone is saying oh burnet is a 3 man team,shipley,miller,and mcgee carry the entire team. There is alot of under rated PLAYERS i should say like, eddie parker,eddie rollman, mark manning, clayton trahan, joe saldivar, luke pell, and warren christian.

o'cowboy
10-04-2002, 12:45 PM
A football good team consist of more than a few players, and every team is going to have some standouts that is just how it works. We are getting the same thing here in Edna, that our whole team is Japhus Brown. We have several good players to many to name.

southern_thunder
10-04-2002, 12:49 PM
Who is the Head coach out there in Burnet now? I lived in Brady about 12 years ago and at that time Burnet ran the wishbone are they still running the bone?

Colt42
10-04-2002, 01:04 PM
Bob Shipley is our new head coach...we've switched from the old school wishbone to an action packed air game and many formations like empty, power I, and the "Y" formation. We've got it in the air to jordan shipley who forces teams to double team and sometimes triple him. But our outstanding RB patrick miller makes them keep it honest.

southern_thunder
10-04-2002, 01:11 PM
WOW, That certainly is a big change, but it sure seems that yall have it going in the right direction! Good Luck the rest of the year!!

southern_thunder
10-04-2002, 01:13 PM
WOW, That certainly is a big change, but it sure seems that yall have it going in the right direction! Good Luck the rest of the year!!

Colt42
10-04-2002, 01:13 PM
thanx

SintonFan
10-04-2002, 01:45 PM
Colt42:
I think that Burnet is way underrated and will surprise alot of folks come playoffsColt42, I think that Burnet is not underated by most. I've followed the progress of your team and believe that they have received high praise, justly so. Don't pay attention to some of the kids on the many forums. You should recognize them and filter out their juvenile ramblings. I, for one, know yall have a great team! Good Luck in district!

bulldawg89
10-04-2002, 04:36 PM
Burnet is one of the best teams in the state......No matter how much you may be against us, inside, you you its true. The Bulldawgs are not ran by Miller, Shipley, and McGee, but by the team itself. Mark Manning, one of the best defensive ends in central Texas, had over 110 tackles last year!!! This is his Sr. year, and he may be able to break that record yet. I seriously doubt that it was just those three players that beat Austin Reagen, Gatesville, Killeen Shoemaker, Midland Christian, and Marlin. It takes 11 players to play the game.........Those 3 may be standouts, but they are not the team. Eddy Parker, the 290 pd. left tackle with a FULL ride to Georgia Tech. helps out also; including the other two SOPH. starters on the line. We may be more of an offensive team than defensive, but if it makes us win.........THEN SO BE IT! GO DAWGS!!!