Txbroadcaster
10-30-2019, 08:58 AM
Our 4A and 3A rankings
https://lonestargridiron.com/2019/10/how-s2s-compares-to-lsg-week-10/

cowboyandchrist
10-30-2019, 10:57 AM
Our 4A and 3A rankings
https://lonestargridiron.com/2019/10/how-s2s-compares-to-lsg-week-10/

Great show as usual but one of you need to put down the crack pipe if you think Argyle could score 50 on the Dawg D.
The Dawgs have only allowed one team to rush for over a hundred yards and that was PG. Held four teams under 50 yards and two teams minus yards rushing.
Last week they held a team with the best running back in the district to minus yards. Matter of fact the team was minus 22 yards for the game until the second team came in the third quarter.
The team ended up with 38 yards total rushing and 0 yards passing. You would have to go back 25 years to find a team held to minus yards running and passing.
I hope we get to see Carthage and Argyle play each other.

Txbroadcaster
10-30-2019, 01:16 PM
Great show as usual but one of you need to put down the crack pipe if you think Argyle could score 50 on the Dawg D.
The Dawgs have only allowed one team to rush for over a hundred yards and that was PG. Held four teams under 50 yards and two teams minus yards rushing.
Last week they held a team with the best running back in the district to minus yards. Matter of fact the team was minus 22 yards for the game until the second team came in the third quarter.
The team ended up with 38 yards total rushing and 0 yards passing. You would have to go back 25 years to find a team held to minus yards running and passing.
I hope we get to see Carthage and Argyle play each other.

The whole point was if Argyle is going to beat Carthage it either is going to have to stop them or outscore them...IMO outscoring Carthage is the only way Argyle can beat them. NOW yes the Carthage D is good but if they play Argyle they will be playing the best offense they will have seen all year and it is not even close.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-30-2019, 01:31 PM
Has D15 D2 been mentioned at all this year :)
STFU covers it but just wondering S2S if gets at least minute of coverage.

d0tc0m
10-30-2019, 01:54 PM
The whole point was if Argyle is going to beat Carthage it either is going to have to stop them or outscore them...IMO outscoring Carthage is the only way Argyle can beat them. NOW yes the Carthage D is good but if they play Argyle they will be playing the best offense they will have seen all year and it is not even close.

I agree with this. The flip side is, if this matchup happens, Carthage will be the best defense the Eagles would have faced, and it's not even close there either. Now that said, I think Argyle's defense may be just a little bit underrated. I could be wrong. But I think they're better than some of the statistics would show.

Txbroadcaster
10-30-2019, 05:20 PM
Has D15 D2 been mentioned at all this year :)
STFU covers it but just wondering S2S if gets at least minute of coverage.

We will be first week of playoffs for sure...How you like the STFU show?

Txbroadcaster
10-30-2019, 05:21 PM
I agree with this. The flip side is, if this matchup happens, Carthage will be the best defense the Eagles would have faced, and it's not even close there either. Now that said, I think Argyle's defense may be just a little bit underrated. I could be wrong. But I think they're better than some of the statistics would show.

Argyle played La Vega..while they are not the defensive monsters they were last year imo they are as good as Carthage...and Argyle scored at will on them

bobcat1
10-30-2019, 06:31 PM
nice program.

cowboyandchrist
10-30-2019, 06:43 PM
What was LaVega defensive stats last year.
I totally disagree that this years LeVega defense is as good as this years Dawgs.
Did LeVega stop any opponent from gaining any yards last year or this year.

d0tc0m
10-30-2019, 06:46 PM
Argyle played La Vega..while they are not the defensive monsters they were last year imo they are as good as Carthage...and Argyle scored at will on them

I haven’t seen enough of La Vega, truth be told, to have an expert opinion. But from what I have seen, they are not as good, defensively, as Carthage. Offensively, yeah, probably. Now, they will probably go and make a believer out of me this week, and pretty much guarantee a second-round matchup with Celina. But from what little I’ve seen, Carthage is a notch ahead of La Vega. And Argyle, in my opinion, is a notch above the Bulldogs.

Txbroadcaster
10-30-2019, 09:28 PM
La Vega gave up the 49 to Argyle...outside of that their point totals are

and many of those were in parts of the game where the outcome was already decided

d0tc0m
10-30-2019, 09:47 PM
La Vega gave up the 49 to Argyle...outside of that their point totals are

and many of those were in parts of the game where the outcome was already decided

This is a genuine question and not meant as a smart-ass response: other than Argyle, what truly quality teams has La Vega faced?

The answer is a little irrelevant, because the Pirates have done nothing but win since losing to Argyle. I’m just genuinely curious, because none of the teams I see on that schedule seem that impressive.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-30-2019, 11:08 PM
We will be first week of playoffs for sure...How you like the STFU show?

It's ok they cover D15 D1 and D2 just about every show each game for that week and recap. They're doing ok just glad someone covering south texas teams.

clcannon17
11-01-2019, 02:04 PM
Just a note about Brownwood. In the Stephenville game Brownwood fumbled inside their own 30 and stephenville capitalized. Stephenville scored on the first drive of the game, and Brownwood scored 21 unanswered after that. Stephenville got it to a 21-16 game after the fumble, and Brownwood made it 38-16 game before giving up one final drive at the end of the game. We also had a missed FG in the game. Mistakes on offense kept us from winning this 45-16

cowboyandchrist
11-01-2019, 07:24 PM
The Dawgs starting defense have given up 23 points in 8 ball games. 63 points total have been score against the Dawgs in 8 ball games, most of the 63 points were scored on the second team.
Out of 189 4A teams only one team have given up fewer points and that is Brownwood at 54 points.