PDA

View Full Version : La Vega (7-1) @ Brownwood (8-0)

Bosqueville
10-28-2019, 11:13 AM
This has all the makings of a great game. La Vega is full of studs and Brownwood seems to be a blue collar drive it down the field team. Brownwood has not faced a team with this kind of speed or athleticism. It will be a monumental task to defeat La Vega but that's why they play the game.

d0tc0m
10-28-2019, 01:51 PM
This has all the makings of a great game. La Vega is full of studs and Brownwood seems to be a blue collar drive it down the field team. Brownwood has not faced a team with this kind of speed or athleticism. It will be a monumental task to defeat La Vega but that's why they play the game.

I mean, I get why everyone and their dogs will be picking La Vega. But, who have the Pirates faced, other than Argyle early on? I'm not sure La Vega has seen a defense as good as Brownwood's. This one has the trappings of a slobberknocker. Could make the Region II bracket interesting, if Brownwood pulls the upset.

91 lion
10-28-2019, 02:35 PM
Hoping for a great game. Lion at heart with a nephew starting in the secondary for the pirates...since Lion blood is thicker than others, I'm taking my Lions!! Although, I know it's a monumental task.

Saggy Aggie
10-28-2019, 07:18 PM
Both these teams spanked Stephenville right?

jason
10-29-2019, 08:17 AM
Both these teams spanked Stephenville right?
Yeah - SV was without their QB and RB against LV though so it would have been a little closer.

Stephenville has been killing themselves - they moved the ball fine vs brownwood.

Pigskin has Brownwood +10 - After seeing both, think it will be more.

I'm skipping Stephenville @ Gatesville and going to this one though.

jason
10-29-2019, 09:06 AM
Any of my brownwood friends hook me up with media passes?!?!?!

Bosqueville
10-29-2019, 09:29 AM
Any of my brownwood friends hook me up with media passes?!?!?!

Less than 200 tickets remain on the Brownwood side so you may be joining the La Vega folks..

jason
10-29-2019, 09:38 AM
Less than 200 tickets remain on the Brownwood side so you may be joining the La Vega folks..
That's fine - we'd probably sit over there anyways.

hollywood
10-30-2019, 08:20 PM
Yeah - SV was without their QB and RB against LV though so it would have been a little closer.

Stephenville has been killing themselves - they moved the ball fine vs brownwood.

Pigskin has Brownwood +10 - After seeing both, think it will be more.

I'm skipping Stephenville @ Gatesville and going to this one though.

Agreed. Brownwood was 3-4 big plays better than Stephenville. A little sharper on the execution part of the game. La Vega is on another level. I think it’s going to be a +17 to +21. Being the game is in Brownwood, the home side will be packed with bell ringing fanatics. When was the last time Brownwood was 8-0?

Bosqueville
10-30-2019, 10:16 PM
Agreed. Brownwood was 3-4 big plays better than Stephenville. A little sharper on the execution part of the game. La Vega is on another level. I think it’s going to be a +17 to +21. Being the game is in Brownwood, the home side will be packed with bell ringing fanatics. When was the last time Brownwood was 8-0?

jason
11-01-2019, 10:46 AM
brownwood folks - going to eat before game - is humphrey pete's any good?

Matthew328
11-01-2019, 11:06 AM
brownwood folks - going to eat before game - is humphrey pete's any good?

It's not bad...I liked it when I ate there in June

jason
11-01-2019, 11:42 AM
It's not bad...I liked it when I ate there in June
how close is it to stadium?

bwdlionfan
11-01-2019, 11:50 AM
how close is it to stadium?

Opposite end of town, Humphrey Petes is technically in Early. With that said it's still just a 10-12 minute drive.

Section Hand is probably the closest place to the stadium if you're wanting a sit down restaurant.

bwdlionfan
11-01-2019, 11:51 AM
Opposite end of town, Humphrey Petes is technically in Early. With that said it's still just a 10-12 minute drive.

Section Hand is probably the closest place to the stadium if you're wanting a sit down restaurant.

If you like apple pie you should try the rum butter apple pie at Humphrey Pete's. It is out of this world.

jason
11-01-2019, 11:54 AM

that works, we'll drive right through there

still waiting on my media passes...hehe....

bwdlionfan
11-01-2019, 01:04 PM
that works, we'll drive right through there

still waiting on my media passes...hehe....

brownwoodnews.com just posted that Brownwood ISD has said tickets may not be available at the gate tonight. I'm assuming that's for home side only. Back in the day they used to just put a caution tape behind the endzones and have people stand.

Bosqueville
11-01-2019, 02:31 PM
Brownwood Freshmen 20 La Vega 0.

clcannon17
11-01-2019, 09:50 PM
Brownwood loses 31-24. Brownwood defense played spectacular (only gave up 24 points to this offense). Offense was mediocre at best. Gave up a pick 6 , and failed to move the ball when needed.

hollywood
11-03-2019, 10:31 AM
Brownwood loses 31-24. Brownwood defense played spectacular (only gave up 24 points to this offense). Offense was mediocre at best. Gave up a pick 6 , and failed to move the ball when needed.

Brownwood played hard! Spectacular would have been stopping La Vega’s offense. Wasn’t it evident when La Vega wanted to power the ball down the field at will and score, they could? La Vega is just simply on another level. The +17 was on the money. Argyle is the only team in Regions 1 and 2 that is stronger than La Vega. Their OL is huge, offensive weapons all over the field lead by a very good QB. With the districts starting to shape up, I think the Ville will get Argyle in round 2, the Wood will get Argyle in round 3, La Vega will get Argyle in round 4 setting it up for an Argyle vs Decatur semifinal. We shall see

clcannon17
11-05-2019, 06:43 PM
I meant to put 14, btw. 31-14 :P

I don't think LV was able to go down the field at will, though it wasn't that far off. As the game went on and brownwood's offense failed, I think brownwood's defense got tired and the speed started to affect them.
You're not gonna stop LVs offense, and that's clear. The only way to beat them is to keep them out of rhythm. Don't let them score on you quickly, make them earn every yard. Hold them to field goals if possible, and last but more importantly, win the TOP game. There's no room for 3 and outs.

I think brownwood is good enough to beat LV. I also know for that to happen Brownwood must play a near flawless game, which was far from the case on Friday.

Now am I saying brownwood will beat a top tier team in Tyne playoffs like La Vega? No, because it's almost impossible to play a team like them perfectly.