PDA

View Full Version : There are a bunch of people hating on burnet!!!!!! why. please explain

MARLINFAN
12-07-2003, 04:14 PM
I SAW ON 2 OTHER BOARDS THAT shipley and mcgee were terrible yesterday. no matter how they played yesterday there two great players and they got the win, thats all that counts. what really happened in the jasper game yesterday

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: MARLINFAN ]</small>

Dink&dunk7
12-07-2003, 04:31 PM
Jasper's defense made them look average.

whatusay2
12-07-2003, 04:32 PM
MARLINFAN:
I SAW ON 2 OTHER BOARDS THAT shipley and mcgee were terrible yesterday. no matter how they played yesterday there two great players and they got the win, thats all that counts. what really happened in the jasper game yesterdayNobody is "hating" on Burnet. Die hard fans support their teams bar none. Therefore, Burnet fans see things their way and Jasper fans see things their way. When the clock said 0:00, Burnet had won the game. After the heart our boys have shown, it was a tough lost for Jasper. But, we'll get over it.

Now, you need to concentrate on Marlin's next game.

Chris Hart
12-07-2003, 04:38 PM
It comes with the territory when you are ranked #1. Most fans other than your own, want you to lose. I mean I think everybody in the country besides Sooner fans wanted Oklahoma to lose last night. That's part of having the target on your chest. I understand it, and unless it gets nasty, I have no problem with it. Go Burnet!

geturgunzup
12-07-2003, 04:45 PM
First Downs
Burnet 20
Jasper 12
Offensive Yards
Burnet 303
Jasper 229
If Burnet's offense looked average in this game, then what does that say for the team they beat? Give Jasper a little more credit than that. Burnet dug down when they had to and came up with an awesome punt, a touchdown, forced a turnover, and then scored again with 17 seconds left on the clock. Does that sound like an average high school football team to you?

Bulldog Fan
12-07-2003, 04:52 PM
The same thing happened to Jasper last year. A lot of people were saying we couldn't be beat. When we played Burnet people were wondering what all the hype was about. The truth is we had an awesome team but we met an opponent who was ready for us. We were caught off guard. I think this is what happened to Burnet on Saturday. They were caught off guard. Jasper was ready for them and was successful at throwing them off their gameplan. Obviously, they are still an awesome team. They got the job done.

poncho
12-07-2003, 05:06 PM
geturgunzup:
First Downs
Burnet 20
Jasper 12
Offensive Yards
Burnet 303
Jasper 229
If Burnet's offense looked average in this game, then what does that say for the team they beat? Give Jasper a little more credit than that. Burnet dug down when they had to and came up with an awesome punt, a touchdown, forced a turnover, and then scored again with 17 seconds left on the clock. Does that sound like an average high school football team to you?I agree with Geturgunzup but, would respectfully add. Some people act like Burnet is less of a team because it was a close game. Jasper is a formidable team. Whom I would say can play with anybody in 3A football. :cool:

Dink&dunk7
12-07-2003, 05:18 PM
I am not knocking Jasper or Burnet, I am simply saying what I saw at the game. The only reason I was at the game was to see Burnet play because I have heard so much about them. That and the fact that McGee is going to go to A&M and I am an Aggie, so I wanted to see him play. Jasper's defense played awesome and their offense milked the clock. In the end, Burnet got momentum back with the Warner punt killed at the Jasper 5 yard line. Then Burnet made big plays to win the game in all three areas. Offense, Defense, and Special teams.

I can't wait untill saturday! Triple header at Texas Stadium! Denton Ryan vs Highland Park, Southlake Carroll vs Allen, Burnet vs Gainesville.

JasperDog94
12-07-2003, 05:33 PM
Another fact is that a few (not even a majority), but a few posters are acting very arrogant with some of their posts. We need to lose with dignity as well as win with grace. A couple of posters have a difficult time with this concept. frown

BHS#1
12-07-2003, 07:47 PM
According to the AAS "But Burnet took the ball back one more time, with 1:46 to play, and when the team needed a big play at the doorstep in the final seconds, McGee and Shipley made it.

marktaras
12-07-2003, 07:52 PM
Dink&dunk7:
Jasper's defense made them look average.So Jasper got beat by an average team, is that what you're saying?

sinton66
12-07-2003, 07:52 PM
I guess my question would be if you saw this on two other boards, why not take it up with them?

Dink&dunk7
12-07-2003, 08:01 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Dink&dunk7:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Jasper got beat by an average team, is that what you're saying? Jeeeezzzz, lets see. Two of the best Prep football players in the country and one of the best overall high school offense in the state. I said jasper made them look average, which would mean the Jasper D did a heck of a job. Not the fire-bombing that happened last year at the hands of Burnet. That's what I meant.

But I will add this. I am rooting for Burnet to win state, but if they don't play better than they did against Jasper I think Gainesville can beat them.

MARLINFAN
12-07-2003, 08:06 PM
SINTON 66 i didt have a problem with it i just wanted to know what happens. And since u guys and gals talk so much about Burnet i knew i would get a response

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: MARLINFAN ]</small>

marktaras
12-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Dink&dunk7:

quote:
Originally posted by Dink&dunk7:

So Jasper got beat by an average team, is that what you're saying? Jeeeezzzz, lets see. Two of the best Prep football players in the country and one of the best overall high school offense in the state. I said jasper made them look average, which would mean the Jasper D did a heck of a job. Not the fire-bombing that happened last year at the hands of Burnet. That's what I meant.

But I will add this. I am rooting for Burnet to win state, but if they don't play better than they did against Jasper I think Gainesville can beat them.If they play Gainsville like they played Jasper, they,re gonna win! Burnet and Jasper are the best in 3A.

Dink&dunk7
12-07-2003, 08:53 PM
We shall see, GO BURNET!!!!!!.

Dang I can't wait untill saturday!

dawgdad
12-07-2003, 09:46 PM
BHS#1:
According to the AAS "But Burnet took the ball back one more time, with 1:46 to play, and when the team needed a big play at the doorstep in the final seconds, McGee and Shipley made it.I am a die-hard Burnet fan-my son plays on this team,but it irks me that the media only hypes on two or three players on this team. The truth about it is that so do the two or three players that they harp about. This was a team effort to win,big plays and adrenaline was displayed by all the players who were on the field for Burnet-give the team credit,not one or two players. GO BULLDOGS !!!

Brahma73
12-07-2003, 10:16 PM
qb][/QUOTE] Burnet and Jasper are the best in 3A.[/QB][/QUOTE]
Burnet still has a chance to prove this point. Jasper does not. Jasper has proven they belong in the final four in D1. The fact that the game was close doesn't give them the nod as #2 in the state. Scoreboards are cruel. I was at the game with my wife, my daughter, Bellville's QB and his dad, and Bellville22, as totally impartial observers. We sat on the Jasper side because it was cold in the shade on the Burnet side and we're pansies about the cold. Watching the game, we all agreed there were 2 good teams on the field. Jasper hung tough, very tough, but Burnet had what it took when they needed it.
Bellville lost to Marlin in a close game. If Marlin wins D2, I won't be claiming Bellville is #2 in the state. You've got to earn those things.

44INAROW
12-07-2003, 10:24 PM
I don't have any reason to like to dislike Burnet, but I am sick and tired of hearing about how far they have to travel to games. They are the only ones I've seen complaining. It is the play-offs, learn to deal with the travel and be happy you are still playing!

BurnetBandRules
12-07-2003, 10:46 PM
44INAROW:
I don't have any reason to like to dislike Burnet, but I am sick and tired of hearing about how far they have to travel to games. They are the only ones I've seen complaining. It is the play-offs, learn to deal with the travel and be happy you are still playing!I think that you are week behind on this post. That was LAST week with Sinton, remember? We didn't complain about this one, nor will we complain about the next one! Okay? Thanks

44INAROW
12-07-2003, 10:53 PM
BurnetBandRules:

44INAROW:
I don't have any reason to like to dislike Burnet, but I am sick and tired of hearing about how far they have to travel to games. They are the only ones I've seen complaining. It is the play-offs, learn to deal with the travel and be happy you are still playing!I think that you are week behind on this post. That was LAST week with Sinton, remember? We didn't complain about this one, nor will we complain about the next one! Okay? ThanksI dont have time to look for it, but about 5:00 TODAY I read someone posting and quite a few replies about the long drive next game and wanting to spend the night etc. Just making an observation. Good Luck @ the game.
I found it.... here is the post.. so yes it was discussed today. pic: For Burnet's Administrators
PAINTBALL posted December 07, 2003 09:53 AM
With the game being at 8:00 P.M. in Irving Texas, should our school spring for the extra money to put up our team, band, cheerleaders, and drill team in a Hotel Saturday night? If we bring them on home, they will probably arrive back in Burnet around 4:00 A,M, Sunday morning.

<small>[ December 07, 2003, 09:55 PM: Message edited by: 44INAROW ]</small>

PAINTBALL
12-07-2003, 11:04 PM
44INAROW:

BurnetBandRules:

44INAROW:
I don't have any reason to like to dislike Burnet, but I am sick and tired of hearing about how far they have to travel to games. They are the only ones I've seen complaining. It is the play-offs, learn to deal with the travel and be happy you are still playing!I think that you are week behind on this post. That was LAST week with Sinton, remember? We didn't complain about this one, nor will we complain about the next one! Okay? ThanksI dont have time to look for it, but about 5:00 TODAY I read someone posting and quite a few replies about the long drive next game and wanting to spend the night etc. Just making an observation. Good Luck @ the game.
I found it.... here is the post.. so yes it was discussed today. pic: For Burnet's Administrators
With the game being at 8:00 P.M. in Irving Texas, should our school spring for the extra money to put up our team, band, cheerleaders, and drill team in a Hotel Saturday night? If we bring them on home, they will probably arrive back in Burnet around 4:00 A,M, Sunday morning.That's not a complaint, that's a poll about getting home at 4:00 A.M. or putting the kids in a Hotel or can't you read. Why don't you just go watch a basketball game.

kaorder1999
12-07-2003, 11:08 PM
people love to trash teams they are jealous of

44INAROW
12-07-2003, 11:32 PM
kaorder1999:
people love to trash teams they are jealous ofI was not trashing. I even said Good Luck.. Believe me, I am not jealous of Burnet. Cuero has had time in the lime-light and now it is Burnet's time. Bring the Championship to Reg IV where it belongs.

44INAROW
12-08-2003, 08:39 AM
That's not a complaint, that's a poll about getting home at 4:00 A.M. or putting the kids in a Hotel or can't you read. Why don't you just go watch a basketball game.[/QB]What an original reply. You are a jerk. I still say Good Luck this weekend! Maybe someday you, well not you, but your favorite team since you don't play, will learn to accept the great honor and priviledge of a successful season with dignity.

SINTON81
12-08-2003, 08:50 AM
JasperDog94:
Another fact is that a few (not even a majority), but a few posters are acting very arrogant with some of their posts. We need to lose with dignity as well as win with grace. A couple of posters have a difficult time with this concept. :(Good point.

olddawggreen
12-08-2003, 10:52 AM
BurnetBandRules:

44INAROW:
I don't have any reason to like to dislike Burnet, but I am sick and tired of hearing about how far they have to travel to games. They are the only ones I've seen complaining. It is the play-offs, learn to deal with the travel and be happy you are still playing!I think that you are week behind on this post. That was LAST week with Sinton, remember? We didn't complain about this one, nor will we complain about the next one! Okay? ThanksAnd not all Burnet Fans were complaining about the trip to Corpus, I totally enjoyed it!

olddawggreen
12-08-2003, 10:54 AM
44INAROW:

BurnetBandRules:

44INAROW:
With the game being at 8:00 P.M. in Irving Texas, should our school spring for the extra money to put up our team, band, cheerleaders, and drill team in a Hotel Saturday night? If we bring them on home, they will probably arrive back in Burnet around 4:00 A,M, Sunday morning.We wern't complaining, just discussing the best thing to do, stay over night or drive back, we are thrilled about getting to play in Texas Stadium for the final, what an honor for our team!

westcoast54
12-08-2003, 12:14 PM
Marktaras, don't count out the Gainesville Leopards just yet. They are a very talented team with a very good coaching staff. Burnet better come ready to play, becasue the Leopards will be ready.

JasperDog94
12-08-2003, 01:30 PM
Can someone that was at the game help me out with this one:

I was watching a High School sports show at 11:30 Sunday morning (recorded) on Fox Sports and they were showing highlights of the Jasper/Burnet game. The first highlight was Patton running the ball into the endzone where he was clobbered after he was already 2 steps into the endzone. eek! :mad: I had to slow it down the catch the number, but it was #8 who gave Patton a forearm and sent him to the ground. First, who's #8 and second was this called a personal foul for a late hit? He was easily in the endzone before this "hit" took place.

<small>[ December 08, 2003, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

Jason1725
12-08-2003, 02:07 PM
#8 is Shipley I believe. I was standing right in front of the the hole Jordan ran in taking the picture. I saw it and it was late but no flag was thrown. I also have a pick of someone from Burnet facemasking Jordan in a big pile, but I don't remember if it was flagged. Now I saw some things Jasper got away with to mostly holding Shipley while he was trying to run his routes and dumb stuff our kids did. One of our kids hit McGee after he threw the ball then while he was on his back picked him up a little and threw him back down, he then slapped him in the head. How this was not flagged I don't know. But it wasn't all Burnet is my point it was both ways and the refs were bad both ways as well. Our kids played well and deserve a lot of credit but to the people who are saying the refs cheated or whatever is not what I would expect from Jasper fans. You know that is not why we lost this game, suck it up and get ready for next year because it's gonna be special.

Jason1725
12-08-2003, 02:09 PM
#8 is Shipley I believe. I was standing right in front of the the hole Jordan ran in taking the picture. I saw it and it was late but no flag was thrown. I also have a pick of someone from Burnet facemasking Jordan in a big pile, but I don't remember if it was flagged. Now I saw some things Jasper got away with to mostly holding Shipley while he was trying to run his routes and dumb stuff our kids did. One of our kids hit McGee after he threw the ball then while he was on his back picked him up a little and threw him back down, he then slapped him in the head. How this was not flagged I don't know. But it wasn't all Burnet is my point it was both ways and the refs were bad both ways as well. Our kids played well and deserve a lot of credit but to the people who are saying the refs cheated or whatever is not what I would expect from Jasper fans. You know that is not why we lost this game, suck it up and get ready for next year because it's gonna be special.

poncho
12-08-2003, 02:29 PM
Jason1725:
#8 is Shipley I believe. I was standing right in front of the the hole Jordan ran in taking the picture. I saw it and it was late but no flag was thrown. I also have a pick of someone from Burnet facemasking Jordan in a big pile, but I don't remember if it was flagged. Now I saw some things Jasper got away with to mostly holding Shipley while he was trying to run his routes and dumb stuff our kids did. One of our kids hit McGee after he threw the ball then while he was on his back picked him up a little and threw him back down, he then slapped him in the head. How this was not flagged I don't know. But it wasn't all Burnet is my point it was both ways and the refs were bad both ways as well. Our kids played well and deserve a lot of credit but to the people who are saying the refs cheated or whatever is not what I would expect from Jasper fans. You know that is not why we lost this game, suck it up and get ready for next year because it's gonna be special.Thats the way it is most games. Ditto for the championship game. Good post!!!! :cool:

JasperDog94
12-08-2003, 02:54 PM
Jason1725:
#8 is Shipley I believe. I was standing right in front of the the hole Jordan ran in taking the picture. I saw it and it was late but no flag was thrown. I also have a pick of someone from Burnet facemasking Jordan in a big pile, but I don't remember if it was flagged. Now I saw some things Jasper got away with to mostly holding Shipley while he was trying to run his routes and dumb stuff our kids did. One of our kids hit McGee after he threw the ball then while he was on his back picked him up a little and threw him back down, he then slapped him in the head. How this was not flagged I don't know. But it wasn't all Burnet is my point it was both ways and the refs were bad both ways as well. Our kids played well and deserve a lot of credit but to the people who are saying the refs cheated or whatever is not what I would expect from Jasper fans. You know that is not why we lost this game, suck it up and get ready for next year because it's gonna be special.No complaining here. I just saw it on tv and was just wondering. That's all of the game I was able to see. :( The good news is our church is going away from Saturday night worship services, so I'll have Saturday's back in time for next year!!! :D :D :D

<small>[ December 08, 2003, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>