PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood at Stephenville

bwdlionfan
10-23-2019, 09:05 AM
Hard to believe it is Wednesday and no one has posted about this game. Brownwood 7-0 at Stephenville 4-3. Stephenville has played a more difficult schedule. Supposed to be chilly Friday evening. Any thoughts? Stephenville had some key players out last week vs La Vega. Any word on if they'll be back Friday night? Here's hoping for an injury free game.

Bosqueville
10-23-2019, 09:42 AM
I think this game will be close as Stephenville has the athletes to keep up with Brownwood. In the end, I like Brownwood's defense more and I think that will be the difference.

jason
10-23-2019, 09:58 AM
Depends if Stephenville QB plays. As of Monday, he was still in concussion protocol.
If he doesn't go, then it's gonna have to be low scoring to keep it close.

bwdlionfan
10-23-2019, 01:37 PM
Depends if Stephenville QB plays. As of Monday, he was still in concussion protocol.
If he doesn't go, then it's gonna have to be low scoring to keep it close.

Stephenville's current backup beat us last year as the starter. He has the tools, but our defense is much improved. I'm anxious for Friday.

bobcat1
10-23-2019, 03:17 PM
Where's Rocket and his Dankey Stomp predictions? This is Jackets and Loins by gosh!

hollywood
10-23-2019, 10:21 PM
Ville by 14

hollywood
10-23-2019, 10:27 PM
Where's Rocket and his Dankey Stomp predictions? This is Jackets and Loins by gosh!

I believe he’s been swallowed up in Area 51... NM holds no prisoners!

hollywood
10-23-2019, 10:29 PM
Stephenville's current backup beat us last year as the starter. He has the tools, but our defense is much improved. I'm anxious for Friday.

Much improved over what? We need more information on why they are much improved. It’s hard to gauge when the competition has been suspect. ;)

Bosqueville
10-24-2019, 08:18 AM
Much improved over what? We need more information on why they are much improved. It’s hard to gauge when the competition has been suspect. ;)

Four shutouts on the year, including the last 3 games. 32 Points given up on the year. Averaging 2 takeaways per game. I don't care who your competition is... that's great defense.

jason
10-24-2019, 08:31 AM
FWIW

Brownwood opponents are a combined 18-33 with 10 of those wins coming from Brock and Grand Oaks Academy (whoever TF they are).

Stephenville opponents are a combined 27-23.

They have one common opponent - Abilene Wylie.
BW beat them 33-0. SV beat them 34-0.

Stephenville is probably the best team BW will have played so far this season.
For SV, without having seen them yet, I'd say Brownwood is the 3rd or 4th best team we've seen. They could be the best, who knows.

I did hear the SV QB cleared concussion protocol yesterday but did not get a definite status for the game Friday.

bwdlionfan
10-24-2019, 08:53 AM
FWIW

Brownwood opponents are a combined 18-33 with 10 of those wins coming from Brock and Grand Oaks Academy (whoever TF they are).

Stephenville opponents are a combined 27-23.

They have one common opponent - Abilene Wylie.
BW beat them 33-0. SV beat them 34-0.

Stephenville is probably the best team BW will have played so far this season.
For SV, without having seen them yet, I'd say Brownwood is the 3rd or 4th best team we've seen. They could be the best, who knows.

I did hear the SV QB cleared concussion protocol yesterday but did not get a definite status for the game Friday.

Good assessment. Brownwood could have kept scoring on Wylie too, I'm sure Ville could have as well. Didn't Wylie gift Sville 2 or 3 terrible interceptions in that game? I felt Wylie played pretty clean when we played them. They had zero turnovers and that was our worst game as far as penalties go.

jason
10-24-2019, 09:10 AM
Good assessment. Brownwood could have kept scoring on Wylie too, I'm sure Ville could have as well. Didn't Wylie gift Sville 2 or 3 terrible interceptions in that game? I felt Wylie played pretty clean when we played them. They had zero turnovers and that was our worst game as far as penalties go.
That game was a while ago - I seem to recall their QB running for his life all night. They were pretty bad. Not nearly as bad as China Spring though.

Gonna be football weather Friday night. Finally!!!

Ville-D
10-24-2019, 09:48 AM
I'll take SV in a close one. How have the BW JV and Fr. looked this year?

bwdlionfan
10-24-2019, 10:47 AM
I'll take SV in a close one. How have the BW JV and Fr. looked this year?

I live a few hours away but I know someone close to the program who goes and tells me how they do each week.

The JV have only won once or twice I believe.

The freshmen lost their starting QB a few weeks ago to a broken collarbone. The freshmen have only lost 1 game, and that was due to not kneeling at the end of a game when we had the lead. They handed off to the RB with like a minute left and he fumbled. Wylie freshmen ran it back for a TD.

How are the Sville subvarsities?

d0tc0m
10-24-2019, 11:39 AM
Whoever wins this game, in all likelihood, will play Paris in the second round of the playoffs. The loser, is staring down a second-round matchup with either Argyle or Melissa. No matter how you draw it up, Region II is nasty.

91 lion
10-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Ville by 14

Hollywood, didn't Coach Gab teach you better than that? I think you got that backwards. 😏

Wood by 14.

hollywood
10-24-2019, 09:15 PM
Hollywood, didn't Coach Gab teach you better than that? I think you got that backwards. ��

Wood by 14.

Hahaha! Wonder where he is today?

bwdlionfan
10-25-2019, 05:53 AM
JV
Brownwood 28 Stephenville 14

Freshmen
Brownwood 37 Stephenville 28

Bosqueville
10-25-2019, 06:22 AM
JV

Freshmen

I like that trend..

Ville-D
10-25-2019, 07:45 AM
JV

Freshmen

How is BW JV #2?

91 lion
10-25-2019, 08:10 AM
Hahaha! Wonder where he is today?

Not sure as of today, but last I checked, he was Asst. Superintendent of BISD.

Looks like he lives in Celina now enjoying grandbabies.

jason
10-25-2019, 08:03 PM
#20 for Brownwood is fast