PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell22 Hearne 12

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
09-13-2002, 10:47 PM
Caldwell beat a very good & fast Hearne team that should make some noise in 2a

KillerBee
09-14-2002, 06:09 PM
I saw and was impressed as well. Two playoff-deserving teams, but Caldwell will have its hands full with Marlin, Rockdale and as usual, Cameron. Coaches in 18-3A should make a stink about the Miller player in Cameron possibly returning to play. You know they'll let him play, right? Same ole' Cameron ethics.....
Caldwell should beat Smithville by at least 35 after they lost to Lexington, 48-7! On the other hand, Cobia might be wise to keep players healthy before the off week to be up for Giddings and then district play. I see the road game in Rockdale being the biggest of the season from a playoff standpoint because losing to Cameron and Marlin wouldn't change the fact that Caldwell will be in Division I regardless if they make playoffs. Of course, beating Cameron and/or Marlin at home would provide some leverage in the event we lose to Rockdale on the road because of needing a strong district record (at least 3-2, preferably 4-1 because Lorena might wake up late and surprise a contender throwing everything into chaotic point spread systems!
Anyway, Caldwell gave a good effort but still needs to prevent the big plays. It's eaten their lunch all three games and would have opened more eyes with a win over Liberty Hill, who hasn't given up a point since their win over us. (27-0 over Smithville and 15-0 over Hutto).
Sting em!