PDA

View Full Version : Come on Media - Get with it!

Phil C
12-17-2003, 11:25 AM
There is not enough coverage on the women's sports. Like right now the local newspaper and the internet news does not have enough coverage on Women's Basketball! :( We need more updates on women's softball, soccer, basketball, volleyball and swimming etc. Come on get with it media. Start the coverage. How is Sinton 66 and PPHS Fan going to know where to go for the closest women's soccer game?

kaorder1999
12-17-2003, 12:42 PM
the media reports what they think the majority wants to read or see.

Titans
12-17-2003, 12:54 PM
For once, I agree with Phil C. - I can't believe I just said that.

For example:

I need to know where/when the top-less mud wrestling is taking place.

What time is the top-less soccer game?

and last but not least:

where/what time is the wet t-shirt competition?

The media really should be keeping up with that stuff!!!!!

Phil C
12-17-2003, 01:01 PM
Now Now Ka. News is news and it is supposed to for everyone. I want the coverage!!!

JasperDog94
12-17-2003, 01:25 PM
Phil C:
I want the coverage!!!I think Titans wants "less" coverage. wink

Wildcat81
12-17-2003, 01:56 PM
JasperDog94:

Phil C:
I want the coverage!!!I think Titans wants "less" coverage. wink Ditto JasperDog94.

kaorder1999
12-17-2003, 02:31 PM
Phil C:
Now Now Ka. News is news and it is supposed to for everyone. I want the coverage!!!but.....the media doesn't consider that when they are trying to make money at the same time through advertising....if a business says I'll advertise with you if you include more womens sports info...and the advertiser is willing to spend a lot of money with that media outlet then you will see a change.

advertisers know what the majority wants to see. does that make it right? no..i dont think so but i dont see it ever changing!

BulldogGrl64
12-17-2003, 02:35 PM
JasperDog94:

Phil C:
I want the coverage!!!I think Titans wants "less" coverage. wink LMAO!! :D