PDA

View Full Version : Austin County Fair In Bellvile this weekend

Scoop27
10-07-2019, 11:47 PM
Urban Cowboy Reunion Friday Night with Mickey Gilley and Johnny Lee -Will try and talk my wife into going

d0tc0m
10-08-2019, 10:38 AM
Urban Cowboy Reunion Friday Night with Mickey Gilley and Johnny Lee -Will try and talk my wife into going

Post your live updates here, Scoop.

speedbump
10-08-2019, 03:45 PM

Forum: TXDL 4A Sports Forum

bobcat1
10-08-2019, 06:24 PM
:spitlol::spitlol::spitlol:

Phantom Stang
10-09-2019, 08:51 AM
Forum: TXDL 4A Sports Forum

and your point is?

d0tc0m
10-09-2019, 08:56 AM
and your point is?

That Scoop is getting out of control.

Saggy Aggie
10-09-2019, 05:17 PM
That Scoop is getting out of control.
Scoop has been out of control

MJMbrahmas10
10-09-2019, 06:49 PM
I thought i was the only one who thought this ^

Pudlugger
10-10-2019, 10:30 AM

Thanks Scoop always appreciate what you do on here.:clap:

d0tc0m
10-10-2019, 11:06 AM
Thanks Scoop always appreciate what you do on here.:clap:

Lol which is what, exactly?

Pudlugger
10-10-2019, 11:51 AM
Lol which is what, exactly?
Scoop contributes a lot of good information on weekly game schedules and scores etc. This requires some time and effort. He deserves some credit for it.

Have you noticed how the number of posters on this board has diminished over the past few years? Maybe if some folks would leave the snark off the board more folks would feel welcome to join in the community. Just asking for a friend.;)

d0tc0m
10-10-2019, 12:39 PM
Snark doesn’t have anything to do with the diminished posters. Maybe for one or two users, but by-and-large that’s not a factor. Heck, when this board was in its heyday, the snark was running rampant, much much more than now! People joined this community for the good smack talk and quality football talk that used to take place. The jawing back and forth and snark was part of the appeal and fun. People used to get run off by the mods for constantly being off topic and crowding the board with non-essential threads that belonged elsewhere. And when the snark or smack talk got too harsh or personal, the mods stepped in and got rid of those folks too.

Scoop posts a lot of information, you’re right about that. Some of it is great, and that’s surely appreciated. But 90% of it is superfluous and could be put on another board or just left off altogether.

Pudlugger
10-10-2019, 02:35 PM
I agree that good old football smack talk when done in the spirit of friendly rivalry adds to the attraction of this board and has been lacking lately. However, I don't want to discourage valued posters from participating because they post information that is a little peripheral to our central topic. In this case Bellville's Austin County Fair. I recall in the past many Bellville folks would post their concern that the fair week might have a negative impact on their team's performance or such that Friday due to a possible loss of focus. So that makes it relevant in my mind. I like Scoop27's posts and hope he continues to offer his content to the discussion here. :)

zebrablue2
10-10-2019, 11:09 PM
I agree that good old football smack talk when done in the spirit of friendly rivalry adds to the attraction of this board and has been lacking lately. However, I don't want to discourage valued posters from participating because they post information that is a little peripheral to our central topic. In this case Bellville's Austin County Fair. I recall in the past many Bellville folks would post their concern that the fair week might have a negative impact on their team's performance or such that Friday due to a possible loss of focus. So that makes it relevant in my mind. I like Scoop27's posts and hope he continues to offer his content to the discussion here. :)

You are right on PUD. I appreciate all scoop adds to this board. Sometime I look other places online for something scoop already has on here. Thanks Scoop, keep up the good work!!

speedbump
10-11-2019, 12:28 AM
To find the EC -B port poll I just went back three pages. There were 49 posts,41 of witch were scoops. That in itself is not a pro blem because most were relevant,but eight had nothing to do with 4A sports. The thing is scoop seems to think a new thread is needed every time he has an idea and many of the games he attaches polls to ,have no following or interest on this board for either team. He needs an editor to eliminate the overkill.