PDA

View Full Version : I'm eating Crow Pie in Bridgeport

The One
10-24-2003, 10:53 PM
Serve it up, because I have a lot coming. We got killed by Lake Dallas. We now have been Shutout for the 3rd game this season. I left with 1 minute remaining and it was 20-0. Lake Dallas had the ball on Bport 20. I hope they ran the time off.

The One
10-24-2003, 11:14 PM
I want to make sure the Chief sees this, yummy, yummy!

Chief Woodman
10-25-2003, 12:28 AM
I am truly sorry you guys lost. Sure did not see this one comming. Two more games and still the playoff spots are up for grabs. Good luck.

PPHSfan
10-25-2003, 12:54 AM
It is simple Math.

Bridgeport beats Pilot Point 21-7

Pilot Point beats Lake Dallas 24-14

Lake Dallas beats Bridgeport 20-0

It's a strange world ain't it?

slpybear the bullfan
10-25-2003, 12:55 AM
There is NO WAY we need to be in the playoffs this year. We would just be embarrassed...

Where to start...

I have to take my hat off to Lake Dallas and their coach... their boys were fired up and ya'll had a great defensive plan. I thought #17 got a little too much action in the second half, but heck, the wind was blowing pretty good. You guys came out and did what it took. AND, you wanted it.

I don't think Lake Dallas is anywhere near better than us as the 20-0 indicated... but they were tonight.

UGLY, UGLY, UGLY Bridgeport Ballgame.

The bulls came out flat.

The Bulls did not execute.

We could not match up to Lake Dallas' schemes.

The Blitz got through almost every time. Everytime.

4th and inches inside your own thirty? In the first Qtr? And you run a delayed handoff to a RB out of the Shotgun - Spread formation? Huh?????????

We got beat in Every aspect of Texas HS Football. EVERY ASPECT.

After halftime we still could not pick up the blitz.

We had four possessions in the second half inside the LD 40 yard line... None of them scored us any points. The last ended on a 4th and 6 on about the 10 yd line.

Woe is me... Woe is me... Keep me away from the ledge... LOL... time to go to bed and forget about it.

Chief Woodman
10-25-2003, 12:57 AM
Proud of and for you PPHSfan. You said when something took place, you would take a certain action. Then when it did, you stood by your word. Quite different than someone else I know.......lol

slpybear the bullfan
10-25-2003, 01:00 AM
Wow... PPHSfan... I had forgot about that...

And Yeah... that is why TX HSFootball is still so incredibly fun to watch... it rarely is predictable...

PPHSfan
10-25-2003, 01:03 AM
And another funny thing.

All three games were played on the same turf, were they not?

slpybear the bullfan
10-25-2003, 01:06 AM
Yup... that is true...

and by the way... I am still sick over this one... it was the ugliest this year. By far.