PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City 30 Liberty 16

Old Cardinal
09-08-2001, 05:33 PM
Libery has a new Calif. import named Roberts that is at 4.35 speed.....It took BC's five 4.4 to 4.5 defensive secondary to contain him. Well Newton lost again, paper said game was loaded with miscues on both sides. Hope they dont lose five games like last year!

BH_146
09-09-2001, 01:38 PM
The Roberts kid is from California? I heard that he was a move in from Dayton and had played for them at one time.

Old Cardinal
09-09-2001, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by BH_146:
The Roberts kid is from California? I heard that he was a move in from Dayton and had played for them at one time.

Old Cardinal
09-09-2001, 02:29 PM
With regard to "Roberts" playing for Liberty....I was told that he had recently arrived from Calif.? He might have once played for Dayton-I just don't know. What I saw was a very fast running back, capable of helping Liberty content for the District title. If you don't have speed and sound tackling techniques, he is a threat to break one...... I was shocked to see Diboll win big over Cleveland-they looked so weak and slow when they scrimmaged Bridge City.

BH_146
09-09-2001, 04:14 PM
In our scrimmage with Cleveland, they looked as though they have several holes to fill. They have some size but they were slow to the ball on defense and the offensive line was slow off the ball. But it was their first scrimmage, so I attributed it to being out of shape so they might bounce back. They did last year.