PDA

View Full Version : La Vega bench clearing altercation

jason
10-05-2019, 12:20 PM
La Vega vs Tex Liberty Eyleau ended early after a bench clearing brawl. Suspensions expected (should?) to come down. La Vegas next game is their district opener at Stephenville.

Saggy Aggie
10-05-2019, 04:14 PM
Double forfeiture

Scoop27
10-05-2019, 04:32 PM
They (El Campo and Royal) girls basketball teams had a physical altercation in a district game in January and there was no forfeit. Only the players were ejected and the game was completed with play in the 4th quarter which El Campo won

Matthew328
10-06-2019, 07:40 AM
They (El Campo and Royal) girls basketball teams had a physical altercation in a district game in January and there was no forfeit. Only the players were ejected and the game was completed with play in the 4th quarter which El Campo won

The refs didnt rule the game a double forfeit...the game was simply called...

YTBulldogs
10-06-2019, 08:46 AM
Ref's don't decide nothing, they just suspend games. District's or the UIL decides outcomes.

Saggy Aggie
10-06-2019, 10:28 AM
The refs didnt rule the game a double forfeit...the game was simply called...

This game or no? That’s what I read but obviously everything you read on the internet is true

Matthew328
10-06-2019, 04:21 PM
Ref's don't decide nothing, they just suspend games. District's or the UIL decides outcomes.

The officials have the jurisdiction to rule the game a double forfeit, in this case they did not...(I talked to the ref) the DEC or UIL could overrule it but since this is non-district its pretty much just a matter of opinion on the result...since the game was well into the 3rd qtr we ruled it a win for LaVega

jason
10-06-2019, 07:26 PM
It was a non-district game, so the result doesn't really matter. For what it's worth, it was 49-6 late in the 3rd.
I think the more interesting aspect of this is the impact on the LaVega vs Stephenville game, if any.

Bosqueville
10-08-2019, 09:26 AM
It was a non-district game, so the result doesn't really matter. For what it's worth, it was 49-6 late in the 3rd.
I think the more interesting aspect of this is the impact on the LaVega vs Stephenville game, if any.

I spoke with an administrator from La Vega last night and they both are forfeiting the game and La Vega will not play any varsity players for the 1st half against Stephenville. So I guess no JV game for the Ville and La Vega.

Saggy Aggie
10-08-2019, 09:13 PM
Double forfeiture
So I was right?

Matthew328
10-08-2019, 09:34 PM
So I was right?

If LaVega declares they forfeit the game then yes....but until there's some sort of public statement from them we are keeping it as a 49-6 win since the game officials didnt rule it a double forfeit...

jason
10-14-2019, 08:58 AM
It's public now so I can post.

La Vega has suspended 7 players for the whole game and 5 for a half game - this is in effect for this Friday's matchup @ Stephenville.
The LVISD and SISD administration know who the players are but that information cannot be released due to HIPPA laws.
Once you look and see who is/isn't on the field and figure it out though it becomes public knowledge.

Something to point out - the La Vega 2nd string defense was on the field when the altercation started.

d0tc0m
10-14-2019, 09:38 AM
It's public now so I can post.

La Vega has suspended 7 players for the whole game and 5 for a half game - this is in effect for this Friday's matchup @ Stephenville.
The LVISD and SISD administration know who the players are but that information cannot be released due to HIPPA laws.
Once you look and see who is/isn't on the field and figure it out though it becomes public knowledge.

Something to point out - the La Vega 2nd string defense was on the field when the altercation started.

Thanks for posting, Jason. That last little tidbit is actually quite important. It appears this likely won't have as large an effect on the game as initially thought.

jason
10-14-2019, 12:35 PM
Thanks for posting, Jason. That last little tidbit is actually quite important. It appears this likely won't have as large an effect on the game as initially thought.
That's correct.

What ultimately happened was the two school officials (LV and Liberty Elyau) sent video to the UIL and they (the UIL) essentially said this isn't a district game so y'all decide punishments internally. Since there were no ejections at the game (the officials just left the field) there was no record of who should be suspended moving forward. The outcome of the game didn't really matter either, whether a victory for LV or a forfeit for both.

Liberty Eylau opted to suspend their entire varsity for their next game. LaVega presented a punishment "package" if you will to the District Executive Committee. I don't know if what they presented was accepted, or was amended, but what was made public was ultimately agreed upon by the district Sups and AD's. Their (LV) recommendations had to include video of why players were/weren't punished, which makes sense.

Either way, La Vega is still coming to town Friday night so it will be no easy task.

d0tc0m
10-14-2019, 01:03 PM
That's correct.

What ultimately happened was the two school officials (LV and Liberty Elyau) sent video to the UIL and they (the UIL) essentially said this isn't a district game so y'all decide punishments internally. Since there were no ejections at the game (the officials just left the field) there was no record of who should be suspended moving forward. The outcome of the game didn't really matter either, whether a victory for LV or a forfeit for both.

Liberty Eylau opted to suspend their entire varsity for their next game. LaVega presented a punishment "package" if you will to the District Executive Committee. I don't know if what they presented was accepted, or was amended, but what was made public was ultimately agreed upon by the district Sups and AD's. Their (LV) recommendations had to include video of why players were/weren't punished, which makes sense.

Either way, La Vega is still coming to town Friday night so it will be no easy task.

What's the outlook for the Jackets on Friday? I know you guys got handled by Argyle, but it seems like the team has improved quite a bit since then. Any hope of a good game against the Pirates?

jason
10-14-2019, 01:18 PM
What's the outlook for the Jackets on Friday? I know you guys got handled by Argyle, but it seems like the team has improved quite a bit since then. Any hope of a good game against the Pirates?

Stephenville defense has been better as of late. Penalties have been bad. China spring was averaging about 250 rush yards a game and we held them to 18 on 26 carries BUT they're no la vega. They were actually pretty bad. Pigskin has la vega favored by 17 - we'll just leave it at that....

d0tc0m
10-14-2019, 01:24 PM
Stephenville defense has been better as of late. Penalties have been bad. China spring was averaging about 250 rush yards a game and we held them to 18 on 26 carries BUT they're no la vega. They were actually pretty bad. Pigskin has la vega favored by 17 - we'll just leave it at that....

Wow, that's a pretty impressive defensive effort against the Cougs. I wonder what has happened over there in China Spring. I certainly thought at the start of the year that they might make some noise.

lostaussie
10-14-2019, 02:07 PM
Big break for Spring Hill this Friday. May push them into the playoffs. LE had a bye last Friday so their punishment comes this week.