PDA

View Full Version : Poop on Coldspring-Trinity..........

trojandad
08-28-2003, 08:41 AM
The 2003 Coldspring Trojans will play their first game under new coach R.E. Lymas's direction Friday night. CHS will face one of its traditional rivals when they travel to Trinity to take on the Tigers in the season opener for both teams.

The Trojans have dominated the series between the two schools. Dating back to 1986, Coldspring has won 13 of the 15 meetings with Trinity, including the last 11 in a row. In the last two seasons, the Trojans have outscored the Tigers by a combined score of 77-0.

The Tigers have also been the victims of several record-setting performances by Coldspring. In 1996, CHS set a school record with 651 rushing yards against THS. Three of the top four highest-scoring CHS games have come against THS: 73-6 in '94, 69-7 in '95, and 66-18 in '96, as well as a 64-7 whipping in '92, which ranks 6th on the all-time list. The top defensive effort by a Trojan squad also came against Trinity, as the 2001 squad held the Tigers to a total of -14 yards of offense.

Don't expect such gaudy numbers this time, as Trinity coach Don Hill will surely have his squad primed and ready to give the Trojans a battle. But, on the other hand, expect the Trojans to be prepared as well. Game time is 7:30 in Trinity.

-------------

What's amazing to me is that Coach Hill had such success in Groveton only to have such a difficult time at Trinity. His son is playing for him this year. Last year his son got bounced from the game for punching my son in the helmet. We've got word that Trinity isn't sending a JV team to play today. I guess sometime the Coach and the school just doesn't mix. Discipline has seemed to be lacking, too. Who knows?

<small>[ August 28, 2003, 08:46 AM: Message edited by: trojandad ]</small>

Compudyne
08-28-2003, 08:55 AM
I followed the 94 team a little but I do not remember them scoring 73 points on Trinity. Who were the running backs and Quarterback during that time??

trojandad
08-28-2003, 09:30 AM
Arthur Reece was the QB and Greg Edmond and Ervin Major were the primary RB's. Was the team between the 92 finalist and 96 semi team. Records from the past can be found at:

http://www.angelfire.com/tx2/trojans/fbrecords.html

Scores from the past can be found at:

http://www.angelfire.com/tx2/trojans/fbarchive.html

Hope that helps.......

Disputant
08-28-2003, 10:06 AM
trojandad, you do a could job of promoting your school on this web site. You do the same thing that old cardinal does for Bridge City. However, you are less abasive, more realistic and endearing than OC. Good job.

Compudyne
08-28-2003, 10:16 AM
Trojan, thanks for the information. I knew who the backs were on that team. i just wanted to make sure that you knew what you were talking about. You are legitimate. Thanks.

trojandad
08-28-2003, 10:23 AM
Very kind, thank you much.

old dragon
08-28-2003, 10:24 AM
Trojandad all props to you on your team promotion. I know your son and his teammates are proud of this job you are doing.I realize the importance of supporting these kids in their endeavors,(its not just for our entertainment and thrills).Keeep up the good work and good luck this year. wink

RBARKER
08-28-2003, 10:40 AM
Nice Job Trojandad. Good luck to your Trojans hope they have a safe year. Go represent 22-3A. Seya in District hopefully it won't rain on our game this year :p