PDA

View Full Version : Melissa 54 Paris 46!

Celina8
09-28-2019, 08:34 AM
the Melissa win really caught my eye as I was really expecting Paris and Argyle to be the two teams to fight it out for the district championship. I am told Melissa has a stud QB which everyone knew about , but that the running back is what makes their offense go. I am hoping the Bobcats improve each week, but not sure this years team is going to be able to match up with Melissa , Paris and Argyle .

orange machine
09-28-2019, 09:32 AM
the Melissa win really caught my eye as I was really expecting Paris and Argyle to be the two teams to fight it out for the district championship. I am told Melissa has a stud QB which everyone knew about , but that the running back is what makes their offense go. I am hoping the Bobcats improve each week, but not sure this years team is going to be able to match up with Melissa , Paris and Argyle .

Melissa will be just fine, they have a lot of starting players that have never played on the varsity or had very little playing time last year. They will get it going.

d0tc0m
09-28-2019, 09:34 AM
Very impressive win for Melissa. The QB/RB duo for the Cardinals have been standouts since they were sophomores, I believe. When they turn it on, they’re a really really dynamic 1-2 punch that’s hard to stop.

Paris is still a very good team, and I think they could still pull off an upset over Argyle.

As far as Celina, they’re a better team overall this year than last year. They’re just young in a lot of spots. But the athleticism is there that’s been somewhat missing the past few years. Getting that youth to grow and develop will be key. If the Bobcats can get the pass protection and passing game sorted out, they may upset one of the top teams in this district. The pieces are there at least.

I think you’ll see the same thing as last year, honestly. I think all four teams in District 7 will go at least two rounds deep.

Celina8
09-29-2019, 07:57 PM
dotc0m ,

It is really hard for me to really give any analysis of the Bobcats as I don't live in Celina any more and I certainly do not know the kids that are playing now with the growth that has erupted within the past 5 years. I glad to hear your comments and look forward to getting your perspective each week. Your post actually has me excited which I was not really sure what to make of this years team after following a few of their scores on here.

d0tc0m
09-29-2019, 10:11 PM
dotc0m ,

It is really hard for me to really give any analysis of the Bobcats as I don't live in Celina any more and I certainly do not know the kids that are playing now with the growth that has erupted within the past 5 years. I glad to hear your comments and look forward to getting your perspective each week. Your post actually has me excited which I was not really sure what to make of this years team after following a few of their scores on here.

The pieces are there. But we’ve got to put it together against a superior team. We won’t get that chance until we play Paris in a couple weeks.

Logan Point is easily one of the best, if not the best back in the district. But he really needs the Bobcats to get the passing game sorted out in order to take a bit of pressure off the running game. Celina has some good receivers with decent speed, and one with size, but we’ve been inconsistent at best in the passing game, and a lot of that is because the pass protection just hasn’t been there. I’d like to see some more quick hit calls from the offense, and get Watson, the qb, to start getting the ball out quicker. We honestly have a couple little speedsters who can flat out burn you, and getting them the ball quick and in space needs to become a priority.

Defensively, we’ve got some great athletes in the defensive backfield. They can run. And we’ve got one of the better MLB’s in Logan Engle. The other LBs are really good too, just young, and same at some of the DL spots and secondary too.

If we can keep the Paris game really close, or possibly pull off the upset, then I’d say look out, because this team has found a way to utilize the pieces we have in the arsenal.