PDA

View Full Version : THSCA All-Star Game Results!!!

Old Tiger
07-29-2003, 10:25 PM
South 21
North 19
A Well played game.

kaorder1999
07-29-2003, 10:36 PM
good defenses....South made Battle look human!!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
07-30-2003, 12:54 AM
I saw Battle play in the Oil Bowl (where Texas lost incidently) and he didn't really impress. Of course he did much better than the Southlake QB who was horrible! Lost the game for Texas.

Old Tiger
07-30-2003, 01:26 AM
Did yall see the hit after the pass, on the reverse pass, the kid got decked.

pirate4state
07-30-2003, 09:02 AM
It was fun to watch high school football again! The 3 South players from this area, Tommy Blake, Brian Bonner & the kid from Calallen (sorry I don't know his name) did a great job representing themselves & the coastal bend. Congrats to the South Team!! :)

rholl
07-30-2003, 09:12 AM
I thought Battle did impress....unless I missed something Battle did lead the North to 3 scores. I wish the player from Everman would have gotten a little more exposure. Wasson didn't impress...but the 2A QB from the South sure did. Bruce Davis (UCLA) and Alonzo Dotson (OU) looked good as did several of the boys headed to UT (Foreman, Pittman, Jackson and Hardeman among others). I have to echo the sentiments of someone on the A&M board after their commit went down with a shoulder injury...what good are these games??? Sure its a good experience for the kids...but isn't one big injury, one too many???

Gobbla2001
07-30-2003, 09:35 AM
IT an honor to be invited to play, and it's your last chance to play as a high school kid without the pressure of being at a D1 school etc...

Injuries happen, I'd rather see the kids just go out and have fun one last time as Texas high school athletes...

Greenwoodbro
07-30-2003, 09:41 AM
I liked watching Greenwoods Cody Hollums on the fake punt catch the pass for about 30 yards. He played good on Defense too.

rholl
07-30-2003, 10:03 AM
I understand the honor and the fun and all that Gobbla.....I'm just saying IMO at some point college coaches are going to put a grinding halt to it. They have a vested interest in those kids now and for the most part it looked to me that they all had a scholly somewhere. Now if its a "showcase" game for kids without schollies to try and land an education and a chance to further their playing careers I'm all for it!!! I'm sure Fran wasn't happy about the shoulder injury on an incoming TE and if say Hardeman had shredded a knee Mack wouldn't have been happy either. Football and injuries go together like you say...but games like these make the injuries hurt more!!

true_blue_tiger
07-30-2003, 02:39 PM
Hey Greenwoodbro, Hollums was that crazy mlb y'all had wasnt he? That sucker was always around the ball when we played em. Where is he going to school?

zeke
07-30-2003, 03:06 PM
Foreman from 2A Corrigan-Camden was in my opinion the most impressive looking offensive player. Mack brown must be smoking Luckies if he puts him anywhere other than QB. It was said that he threw the ball 84 yards in practice. From what I saw he has oustanding field vision, throwing ability, and running ability. He's my MVP. The other QB for the South from Rosebud-Lott was very good as well. He looked better last nite than he did in the State Final game against Cisco this past season.

Matthew328
07-30-2003, 03:24 PM
I thought Battle played pretty well...as far as Harrell for Everman he had some thrown his way..in the 1st qtr he had a step on the CB from the South but Battle overthrew him barely....then the reverse pass that was caught by Harrison was intended for Harrell..the kid got hit so hard he underthrew the ball..that play happened right in front of me and kaorder.....I will say this me and kaorder noticed Harrell wide open a couple of times..but Battle and Wasson didn't see him..

Greenwoodbro
08-01-2003, 01:44 AM
Yeah Blue tiger that was our Mlb he was wanna hell of a player. he had a lotof heart.