PDA

View Full Version : Carthage at Pleasant Grove

Bosqueville
09-26-2019, 10:41 AM
I know it's next week but man would I love to go to this game! A total tossup in my opinion.

lostaussie
09-26-2019, 01:52 PM
I disagree. We shall see.

d0tc0m
09-26-2019, 02:36 PM

You disagree in what way?

lostaussie
09-26-2019, 03:21 PM
I think Carthage takes them pretty easily. Like I said. We shall see.

Aesculus gilmus
09-26-2019, 06:02 PM
I take Pleasant Grove at home.

Pleasant Grove will go undefeated. Maybe we can upset them in the fourth round, if we make it that far.

lostaussie
09-26-2019, 09:44 PM
I take Pleasant Grove at home.

Pleasant Grove will go undefeated. Maybe we can upset them in the fourth round, if we make it that far.

Gilmer and PG play twice. You can book that.

d0tc0m
09-27-2019, 07:38 AM

You may be right. Carthage is loaded. But, insofar as I can tell, PG is just as loaded. They may not have a Kelvontay Ingram, but they've got plenty of other pieces. I think this game will likely be a clash of the two (arguably) best teams in 4A, either division. Argyle could argue that a bit, and maybe La Vega.

oldtownag
09-30-2019, 08:53 AM
Game of the Century........................................... Maybe!

lostaussie
09-30-2019, 09:11 AM
Game of the Century........................................... Maybe!

Not.......y'all already played in that around 2010.

d0tc0m
09-30-2019, 09:59 AM
Not.......y'all already played in that around 2010.

Sheesh, that was something else, man. I wonder how many pages that thread got up to back then? Or how many posts Leon and Rocket had between the two of them.

lostaussie
09-30-2019, 10:39 AM
Did I get the year correct? I was guessing on the Carthage/Brownwood game.

Aesculus gilmus
09-30-2019, 11:08 AM
You are correct, sir! (in my Ed McMahon voice)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Ls4_IHLO8

d0tc0m
09-30-2019, 01:20 PM
You are correct, sir! (in my Ed McMahon voice)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Ls4_IHLO8

What a game!

lostaussie
09-30-2019, 01:43 PM
I think that was me hollering "wooooooo" in that video!!! I had to be careful. Me and Bobcat were on the Brownwood side so we had to be politically correct. But we were both laughing our asses off:D:D

d0tc0m
09-30-2019, 01:50 PM
Sheesh, you stroll back through the archive posts from that era and you will not be disappointed! Highly entertaining and nostalgic!

cowboyandchrist
09-30-2019, 05:28 PM
What a monster game we have coming.
My take on this game, (keep in mind I am a big time Dawg homer)
PG defensive line maybe the best in 4A versus the best O line in 4A.
if Horton has time to pass, PG has no one that can run with K Dixon or Kel Williams, add 11 (6'3" tight end) and 13 (slot receiver leading the team in receptions) into the passing game and you have a night mare for most teams.
Courtney and number 34 have been running hard and averaging 7 to 8 yards a carry.
Horton had a bad game against Gilmer with many over throws, but did have two dropped touch downs with no one with in 5 yards of the receiver.
The defense has been lights out and won the game against Gilmer. They allowed 30 yards rushing to Gilmer.
1st game 5A Jacksonville had minus yards rushing, 2nd game the Dawg D allowed 15 yards rushing, 3rd game they allowed 51 yards (I could be off on that one) and Gilmer had 30 yards.
That would be 96 yards rushing through 4 games. The Dawg D has been almost as good against the pass, two of the passing touch downs happened when the defensive backs went for the INT instead of playing the receiver.
The Dawg D has given up 28 points in 4 ball games.
I pick my Dawgs by 3 to 7 points.
PG has a great team and I don't see any team stopping them in 4A DII. The PG front four has been unstoppable, can the Dawg O line get them blocked.
Can the Dawg D stop the PG running game, can PG cover the Dawg receivers.
The Dawg O line tackles 6' 6" 333 lbs and 6'5" 295 lbs, guards 6'1" 340 and 6' 0" 295 lbs, center 6' 2" 240 lbs, and tight end 6' 3" 230 lbs .
O line Dawgs
D line PG
QB PG he has started three years and played in two state championship games.
Receivers no contest Dawgs.
Line backers and secondary Dawgs
Special teams, can't speak on PG, but the Dawgs are really good on special teams. note: Dawgs have only punted two times in four games.
This game should be a great one to see and standing room only.
I pray for no injuries and safe travels.
Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

lostaussie
09-30-2019, 08:23 PM

See^^^^^^I told you:D:D

d0tc0m
09-30-2019, 08:41 PM
LoL nobody ever accused cowboyandchrist of being unbiased!

rb585
10-01-2019, 09:54 PM
Sheesh, you stroll back through the archive posts from that era and you will not be disappointed! Highly entertaining and nostalgic!

Man, this is the truth. All of those Brownwood fans literally thought they could win the 6A title with that team, and they didn't even make it to Jerryworld.

jason
10-02-2019, 08:20 AM
For what it's worth - Pigskin Prep favors TXPG by 9 in this one...

d0tc0m
10-02-2019, 10:00 AM
For what it's worth - Pigskin Prep favors TXPG by 9 in this one...

Seems a little rich for my blood. I know the Hawks are dang good, but it's hard to envision anyone winning this game by two possessions. One thing's certain, and that's that this game is going to be super physical. There's gonna be plenty of pad-popping going on down on the field Friday night.

waterboy
10-02-2019, 11:32 AM
Wow. This one is too close to call for me. There's so many factors involved I hate to even attempt. As a rule, I never bet against Surratt in a meaningful game. This is a regular season game, though, and I'm not sure Surratt will pull out all the stops to win. Pleasant Grove still feels like it hasn't reached the summit in their program until they beat Carthage. I can guarantee that is their approach to this game. Plus, this game is in Texarkana, and that home field might be a little more friendly to them. I'll have to toss a coin in this one. It could go either way, in my opinion. Tosses coin.......

Pleasant Grove won the toss...:thinking:

cowboyandchrist
10-02-2019, 08:19 PM
Wow. This one is too close to call for me. There's so many factors involved I hate to even attempt. As a rule, I never bet against Surratt in a meaningful game. This is a regular season game, though, and I'm not sure Surratt will pull out all the stops to win. Pleasant Grove still feels like it hasn't reached the summit in their program until they beat Carthage. I can guarantee that is their approach to this game. Plus, this game is in Texarkana, and that home field might be a little more friendly to them. I'll have to toss a coin in this one. It could go either way, in my opinion. Tosses coin.......

Pleasant Grove won the toss...:thinking:

I just don't believe that PG will move the ball down the field on this Dawg defense and I believe the Dawg receivers especially Dixon can't be covered by PG.
Dawgs by 3 or 7

waterboy
10-03-2019, 07:58 AM
I just don't believe that PG will move the ball down the field on this Dawg defense and I believe the Dawg receivers especially Dixon can't be covered by PG.
Dawgs by 3 or 7

I'm not doubting at all, and as a matter of fact I was thinking like that. I'm just going by what the coin said.:nerd::D

d0tc0m
10-03-2019, 09:12 AM
Dawgs by 3 or 7

That PG DL vs Carthage OL is going to be the matchup to watch. If the line can get in the backfield and disrupt the QB, it could give PG enough opportunities on offense to get the win. If that pressure does happen, it'll be fun to see how Surratt and Co. adjust. Will they be able to get the ball to Dixon out in space quickly? What sorts of screens will they try to hit to relent that PG defensive line?

Going to be a fun matchup for sure. I think you'll always (almost always, anyway) be able to look at Carthage on paper or on film and think, "yeah, noway. there's not a team in 4A that can hang," based on the athleticism they seem to have year-after-year. But occasionally, there are a handful of teams that can hit them in the mouth and go the full 12 rounds with the Bulldogs.

Aesculus gilmus
10-03-2019, 04:23 PM
Interview with Coach Surratt: https://youtu.be/46eP2mKsiZw

waterboy
10-03-2019, 04:45 PM
Interview with Coach Surratt: https://youtu.be/46eP2mKsiZw

He can sure coach speak, can't he? Good interview, and you can tell he is fired up about this one. It's all about how the players react...., he's got that right. Way too many good players on both teams to mention 2 or 3 key players. No doubt this game will be won or lost in the trenches.

44INAROW
10-04-2019, 12:33 PM
I don’t have a dog in this fight, but I’m rooting for Carthage. Will the game be videoed streamed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aesculus gilmus
10-04-2019, 12:49 PM
Sometime Saturday, KGAS Radio will have the game video on its YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/KGASRadio/featured

It may also be on KLFI TV's YouTube channel by tomorrow, depending upon whether they send a crew there tonight. https://www.youtube.com/user/KLFItvTexarkana/featured

lostaussie
10-04-2019, 01:21 PM
I don’t have a dog in this fight, but I’m rooting for Carthage. Will the game be videoed streamed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me too. Them boys at PG done got full of themselves.

44INAROW
10-04-2019, 02:05 PM
Sometime Saturday, KGAS Radio will have the game video on its YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/KGASRadio/featured

It may also be on KLFI TV's YouTube channel by tomorrow, depending upon whether they send a crew there tonight. https://www.youtube.com/user/KLFItvTexarkana/featured

Thanks!!!!

44INAROW
10-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Me too. Them boys at PG done got full of themselves.

no joke... I told that one kid to holler back in 15 years if they've been 8-2 or better for 13 of those years... shut his butt up post haste

bobcat1
10-04-2019, 02:39 PM
I think that was me hollering "wooooooo" in that video!!! I had to be careful. Me and Bobcat were on the Brownwood side so we had to be politically correct. But we were both laughing our asses off:D:D
Yep that was a heck of a game. Enjoyed it a lot. The Rocket disappeared for a long time.

Tejastrue
10-04-2019, 08:26 PM
This is a heck of a game thus far..

lostaussie
10-04-2019, 09:23 PM
That's not much information. Lol
Halftime tied 7-7

Tejastrue
10-04-2019, 09:27 PM
not my job...take it away...

cowboyandchrist
10-04-2019, 10:04 PM
not my job...take it away...

Carthage Dawgs 35 PG 14 with 3 minutes left in the fourth.
Dawg defense are bad to the bone.

lostaussie
10-04-2019, 10:22 PM

Uh hemmmm

Aesculus gilmus
10-05-2019, 10:31 AM
https://youtu.be/VngOBhV5mIQ

Aesculus gilmus
10-06-2019, 06:51 AM
https://youtu.be/Q2laV5Drkpw