PDA

View Full Version : For Burnet's Administrators

PAINTBALL
12-07-2003, 10:53 AM
With the game being at 8:00 P.M. in Irving Texas, should our school spring for the extra money to put up our team, band, cheerleaders, and drill team in a Hotel Saturday night? If we bring them on home, they will probably arrive back in Burnet around 4:00 A,M, Sunday morning.

GOFOR2
12-07-2003, 11:04 AM
PAINTBALL:
With the game being at 8:00 P.M. in Irving Texas, should our school spring for the extra money to put up our team, band, cheerleaders, and drill team in a Hotel Saturday night? If we bring them on home, they will probably arrive back in Burnet around 4:00 A,M, Sunday morning.I think the football kids should be put up. They and the coaches have worked to get to the State Championship. The band, cheerleaders and drill team probably should do without.

espn1
12-07-2003, 11:04 AM
PAINTBALL:
With the game being at 8:00 P.M. in Irving Texas, should our school spring for the extra money to put up our team, band, cheerleaders, and drill team in a Hotel Saturday night? If we bring them on home, they will probably arrive back in Burnet around 4:00 A,M, Sunday morning.I say no to the Hotel's, but i think they should spring for some charter buses. This is no different than any other party that a teen would stay up for. Plus! They have designated drivers.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/weihnachten/s4/clicksmilies4056.png http://www.smiliegenerator.de/weihnachten/s4/clicksmilies4059.png

JasperDog94
12-07-2003, 11:16 AM
GOFOR2:

PAINTBALL:
With the game being at 8:00 P.M. in Irving Texas, should our school spring for the extra money to put up our team, band, cheerleaders, and drill team in a Hotel Saturday night? If we bring them on home, they will probably arrive back in Burnet around 4:00 A,M, Sunday morning.I think the football kids should be put up. They and the coaches have worked to get to the State Championship. The band, cheerleaders and drill team probably should do without.And so all the support that the band, cheerleaders, and drill team put into supporting the team doesn't count? Sorry, I have to whole-heartedly disagree with you on this one. If one group stays, they all stay.

pirate4state
12-07-2003, 11:23 AM
JasperDog94:

GOFOR2:

PAINTBALL:
With the game being at 8:00 P.M. in Irving Texas, should our school spring for the extra money to put up our team, band, cheerleaders, and drill team in a Hotel Saturday night? If we bring them on home, they will probably arrive back in Burnet around 4:00 A,M, Sunday morning.I think the football kids should be put up. They and the coaches have worked to get to the State Championship. The band, cheerleaders and drill team probably should do without.And so all the support that the band, cheerleaders, and drill team put into supporting the team doesn't count? Sorry, I have to whole-heartedly disagree with you on this one. If one group stays, they all stay.It really just boils down to, do they have the money?? Burnet's band & drill team are a big group, add in the cheerleaders and they're numbers are probably greater than the football team & staff!! eek! Unless they can help off-set the cost to the school (bake sales, car wash, etc.) then I'm sorry, but they should come home. :( Just my 2 cents.

weatherag07
12-07-2003, 11:24 AM
I don't know...that's a WHOLE LOT of money to put all those kids in hotel rooms. Why don't they just get them ALL really nice charter buses and take them out to a steakhouse after the game? :p
I personally liked getting back REALLY late from things in high school, and most will have all Sunday to sleep or whatever.
I don't know...I think I'll go with charter buses and a steakhouse!! :D

GOFOR2
12-07-2003, 11:25 AM
espn1:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PAINTBALL:
[qb]With the game being at 8:00 P.M. in Irving Texas, should our school spring for the extra money to put up our team, band, cheerleaders, and drill team in a Hotel Saturday night? If we bring them on home, they will probably arrive back in Burnet around 4:00 A,M, Sunday morning.I say no to the Hotel's, but i think they should spring for some charter buses. This is no different than any other party that a teen would stay up for. Plus! They have designated drivers.

ESPN, you also are not considering the possible weather conditions that may or may not be in place at that hour. What if it freezes? They can't plan for an evening return and then hope it does not freeze.

GOFOR2
12-07-2003, 11:27 AM
JasperDog94:

GOFOR2:

PAINTBALL:
With the game being at 8:00 P.M. in Irving Texas, should our school spring for the extra money to put up our team, band, cheerleaders, and drill team in a Hotel Saturday night? If we bring them on home, they will probably arrive back in Burnet around 4:00 A,M, Sunday morning.I think the football kids should be put up. They and the coaches have worked to get to the State Championship. The band, cheerleaders and drill team probably should do without.And so all the support that the band, cheerleaders, and drill team put into supporting the team doesn't count? Sorry, I have to whole-heartedly disagree with you on this one. If one group stays, they all stay.I understand what you're saying and can sympathize, but in all honesty, if the drill team does not show up the game still goes on, but if the football team gets lost, the game does not take place until the football team gets there.

3afan
12-07-2003, 11:30 AM
they've certainly MADE enuf $ in the first 4 playoff games to more than pay for buses or hotels if they want ..............

29x281
12-07-2003, 11:33 AM
While money is certainly a factor in that decision, it's not the only one. You're talking about having to chaperrone (fb, trainers, band, cheerleaders, highlandettes, etc etc) in excess of 200 kids. Overnight. Possibly after a big win. Co-ed. Every kid's dream. Every administrator's nightmare.

I'm guessing we'll drive home.

29x281
12-07-2003, 11:34 AM
Did I mention connecting rooms?

PPHSfan
12-07-2003, 11:35 AM
They should ride the yellow dogs to the game as a team, and then they should ride the yellow dogs back home as a team. And in between they should win a state championship. And if the town of Burnet wants to do something special. They should have a big Parade and Pancake breakfast Sunday morning when the team gets home. And then the whole town should have church together and celebrate.

espn1
12-07-2003, 11:37 AM
29x281:
While money is certainly a factor in that decision, it's not the only one. You're talking about having to chaperrone (fb, trainers, band, cheerleaders, highlandettes, etc etc) in excess of 200 kids. Overnight. Possibly after a big win. Co-ed. Every kid's dream. Every administrator's nightmare.

I'm guessing we'll drive home.We had no problem in Houston in 91!

weatherag07
12-07-2003, 11:38 AM
I know like for the band and drill team, they would put duct tape on their hotel doors, connecting the door to the wall, so if they opened their door after they were suppossed to, you could tell the door was opened (then they'd get in trouble, b/c you can't stick it back if you're in your room). And I think if there were adjoining rooms they'd have the hotel staff lock them or something, I don't know.
I still say get charters and take them out for steak!

3afan
12-07-2003, 11:40 AM
PPHSfan:
They should ride the yellow dogs to the game as a team, and then they should ride the yellow dogs back home as a team. And in between they should win a state championship. And if the town of Burnet wants to do something special. They should have a big Parade and Pancake breakfast Sunday morning when the team gets home. And then the whole town should have church together and celebrate.chartering busses could actually be cheaper since you pay a fee and dont have to pay for your own drivers, gas, wear & tear on busses, etc. they'll what they feel is best.

29x281
12-07-2003, 11:42 AM
Espn1,

I'm not saying there would necessarily be "a problem" of that sort. We've got great kids on the whole. But I can certainly understand why the administrators would be looking to play it safe and avoid that situation.

JasperDog94
12-07-2003, 11:42 AM
PPHSfan:
They should ride the yellow dogs to the game as a team, and then they should ride the yellow dogs back home as a team. And in between they should win a state championship. And if the town of Burnet wants to do something special. They should have a big Parade and Pancake breakfast Sunday morning when the team gets home. And then the whole town should have church together and celebrate.AMEN!

lepfan
12-07-2003, 11:45 AM
espn1:

PAINTBALL:
With the game being at 8:00 P.M. in Irving Texas, should our school spring for the extra money to put up our team, band, cheerleaders, and drill team in a Hotel Saturday night? If we bring them on home, they will probably arrive back in Burnet around 4:00 A,M, Sunday morning.I say no to the Hotel's, but i think they should spring for some charter buses. This is no different than any other party that a teen would stay up for. Plus! They have designated drivers.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/weihnachten/s4/clicksmilies4056.png http://www.smiliegenerator.de/weihnachten/s4/clicksmilies4059.pngI agree with this...I think this is how LG did it in 2000

pirate4state
12-07-2003, 11:48 AM
espn1:

29x281:

I'm guessing we'll drive home.We had no problem in Houston in 91!Times have changed since 91!!! eek! eek! frown

DawgMaw02
12-07-2003, 11:56 AM
JasperDog94:

GOFOR2:

PAINTBALL:
With the game being at 8:00 P.M. in Irving Texas, should our school spring for the extra money to put up our team, band, cheerleaders, and drill team in a Hotel Saturday night? If we bring them on home, they will probably arrive back in Burnet around 4:00 A,M, Sunday morning.I think the football kids should be put up. They and the coaches have worked to get to the State Championship. The band, cheerleaders and drill team probably should do without.And so all the support that the band, cheerleaders, and drill team put into supporting the team doesn't count? Sorry, I have to whole-heartedly disagree with you on this one. If one group stays, they all stay.DITTO!!!!

lepfan
12-07-2003, 11:57 AM
GOFOR2:

espn1:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PAINTBALL:
[qb]With the game being at 8:00 P.M. in Irving Texas, should our school spring for the extra money to put up our team, band, cheerleaders, and drill team in a Hotel Saturday night? If we bring them on home, they will probably arrive back in Burnet around 4:00 A,M, Sunday morning.I say no to the Hotel's, but i think they should spring for some charter buses. This is no different than any other party that a teen would stay up for. Plus! They have designated drivers.

ESPN, you also are not considering the possible weather conditions that may or may not be in place at that hour. What if it freezes? They can't plan for an evening return and then hope it does not freeze.How many charter busses go to Colorado to the ski resorts? As far as weather conditions go, trust me those drivers are trained to drive in all conditions and they know when to stop. (if you get a good company...there are some bad ones out there you have to look out for)

The fellowship and fun that can go on on the bus trip home is leaps and bounds above what you could experience in a hotel room with only a few of your buddies. Go for the charter and make it a party!!!!! LG fans still talk of the fun they had on the charters on the way to the games in 2000...

Bigblue07
12-07-2003, 11:57 AM
I think they should be put in hotel rooms.
gettin home at one is not fun.

lepfan
12-07-2003, 12:00 PM
If Burnet wins, how many kids (or adults for that matter) are gonna be able to come down of the high of winning by 1 am....not many in my guess.

PAINTBALL
12-07-2003, 12:02 PM
I have to admit that my desire for the kids to spend the night is because I wanted to spend the night rather them make the long drive home, but I feel like I have to be home when my kid gets home. My kid has a driver's license so he can get home by himself. There are many Freshmen and sophmores on the team, band, and drill team and the only way for these kids to get home are for their parents to be there to pick them up.

aggie20dude07
12-07-2003, 12:12 PM
You cannot exclude the band and drill team from an overnight stay simply because they didn't win the state championship and the football team did. You have to realize that, just as the football team is required to attend the game (obviously), the band and drill team members are required to go as well. They should not be punished because they don't play football. I'm tired of people not giving them the credit they deserve. I played football and was in band, and I know how vital each is for the other. I also know that a marching show (or dance routine) is much more physical activity than people think it is (I was as tired after a marching drill as I was after I ran the 400 in track), so these kids are tired as well. The school district couldn't put those football players up in a hotel and send the other kids home without discriminating against them for their choices of extracurricular activities. No school district wants to have that ugly 'd' word thrown at them.

Ranger Mom
12-07-2003, 12:14 PM
Last year Greenwood stayed overnight BEFORE the State Championship Game (they played at 1:00). As far as I can remember, they also had a charter bus - but....the booster club was who paid for all of that!!

GOFOR2
12-07-2003, 12:17 PM
Ranger Mom:
Last year Greenwood stayed overnight BEFORE the State Championship Game (they played at 1:00). As far as I can remember, they also had a charter bus - but....the booster club was who paid for all of that!!That is the way it should be done.

geturgunzup
12-07-2003, 01:34 PM
Luckily this decision will not be left to the court of public opinion but will be made by well-educated people who have everyday experience dealing with large groups of high school students.
Burnet did not wait for the state game to bring out the charter buses, those started when the playoffs did. I personally can not wait to drive back and meet the team no matter what time that may be. Will anyone from Burnet really be ready to sleep if they win the game?

Dawgystyle
12-07-2003, 01:59 PM
This is a ridiculous topic. Why would any of the students, (players, band, cheerleaders or otherwise) need to spend the night after the game. They have hopefully just won state (or not) and all they have to do is ride back home. Do they need to be "rested" to ride back to Burnet. I would imagine that even if they played the State game at Burnet Bulldog stadium and won that the students would still be up until 4 a.m. celebrating anyway. And the whole weather issue...Please. Charter drivers operate in all kinds of weather. I doubt it would be an issue.

bulldogmom2
12-07-2003, 04:08 PM
Ok...For the past few game, the band and drill team and cheerleaders were suppose to get GOOD charter busses! OK. Busses have been late, broke down, NO VCR toilets didn't flush and i know that saturday(yesterday) one bus broke down and the band cheerleader and drill team rode 2 charters busses to elgin to get the 3rd. Some kids already left that morning b/c of region tryouts. So i say give the kids the hotels because the way things have been look like they have beens screwed on good busses.

olddawggreen
12-07-2003, 05:39 PM
Bigblue07:
I think they should be put in hotel rooms.
gettin home at one is not fun.How about getting home at four?

olddawggreen
12-07-2003, 05:45 PM
PAINTBALL:
I have to admit that my desire for the kids to spend the night is because I wanted to spend the night rather them make the long drive home, but I feel like I have to be home when my kid gets home. My kid has a driver's license so he can get home by himself. There are many Freshmen and sophmores on the team, band, and drill team and the only way for these kids to get home are for their parents to be there to pick them up.Thats exactly where Im coming from Paintball. I will have a Surburban full of kids and grandmothers, it would be easier on them to stay the night, but I also have one son on the foodball bus, I too feel the need to be there when the kids get in. I was in Houston in 91 and it was a blast for the kids and adults to spend the night.

JasperDog94
12-07-2003, 05:47 PM
bulldogmom2:
Ok...For the past few game, the band and drill team and cheerleaders were suppose to get GOOD charter busses! OK. Busses have been late, broke down, NO VCR toilets didn't flush and i know that saturday(yesterday) one bus broke down and the band cheerleader and drill team rode 2 charters busses to elgin to get the 3rd. Some kids already left that morning b/c of region tryouts. So i say give the kids the hotels because the way things have been look like they have beens screwed on good busses.All of the charter buses for Jasper's band were 1 hour late. Plus, 30 miles into the trip, one of the buses broke down and they all had to get on 2 buses instead of 3 for the remainder of the trip. :( :( frown

PAINTBALL
12-07-2003, 07:31 PM
Dawgystyle:
This is a ridiculous topic. Why would any of the students, (players, band, cheerleaders or otherwise) need to spend the night after the game. They have hopefully just won state (or not) and all they have to do is ride back home. Do they need to be "rested" to ride back to Burnet. I would imagine that even if they played the State game at Burnet Bulldog stadium and won that the students would still be up until 4 a.m. celebrating anyway. And the whole weather issue...Please. Charter drivers operate in all kinds of weather. I doubt it would be an issue.I need to remind myself to not let people upset me when I'm called stupid. No 2 of my educational post.

I don't see the buses arriving back in Burnet before 4:00 o'clock A.M. Sunday morning. Most of the parents will also make the trip back driving a very dangerous I.H.35 at a very dangerous time while they are tired. 18 wheelers control 35 during these hours. After they arrive back to Burnet High School, some still have 30-45 minute drives to their homes in Tow, Briggs and other locations. If the game was an afternoon game the post would not of been made.

You can simply post no as your vote, but the idea is not stupid, especially if you are a parent of one of the students and you wanted to spend the night.

Keith7
12-07-2003, 07:46 PM
EVERYBODY (players, cheerleaders, fans) from gainesville stayed in Austin when we went to state 3 years in a row.. it was alot of fun but that is a 3 day tournament too

White&Crimson
12-07-2003, 11:59 PM
JasperDog94:

bulldogmom2:
Ok...For the past few game, the band and drill team and cheerleaders were suppose to get GOOD charter busses! OK. Busses have been late, broke down, NO VCR toilets didn't flush and i know that saturday(yesterday) one bus broke down and the band cheerleader and drill team rode 2 charters busses to elgin to get the 3rd. Some kids already left that morning b/c of region tryouts. So i say give the kids the hotels because the way things have been look like they have beens screwed on good busses.All of the charter buses for Jasper's band were 1 hour late. Plus, 30 miles into the trip, one of the buses broke down and they all had to get on 2 buses instead of 3 for the remainder of the trip. :( :( :(Really?! Argh! Seems like there are always so many problems with charters! On both of my band trips in high school, we had major bus problems. Two buses got in a wreck during one of the trips (no one hurt) and everyone had to pile into 2 buses. Then another time one broke down and we all had to pile into 2. It's NO FUN let me tell you. I just don't know why charters seem to have so many problems with breaking down and such. How can they charge so much when they provide crappy service?!

dawgdad
12-08-2003, 12:08 AM
lepfan:
If Burnet wins, how many kids (or adults for that matter) are gonna be able to come down of the high of winning by 1 am....not many in my guess.No one in Burnet is going to sleep Sat night whether the boys win or lose. We'll be following the bus (chartered as always) back.

Bandera YaYa
12-08-2003, 12:37 AM
Ranger Mom:
Last year Greenwood stayed overnight BEFORE the State Championship Game (they played at 1:00). As far as I can remember, they also had a charter bus - but....the booster club was who paid for all of that!!We didn't do anything different that I remember, for the State game.....and it didn't hurt us!!
:D

My advice is to to play ball.....the rest is fluff!!

SINTON81
12-08-2003, 01:27 AM
PAINTBALL:
With the game being at 8:00 P.M. in Irving Texas, should our school spring for the extra money to put up our team, band, cheerleaders, and drill team in a Hotel Saturday night? If we bring them on home, they will probably arrive back in Burnet around 4:00 A,M, Sunday morning.LOL, good old PAINTBALL, always worried about financial matters. Aside from being a lawyer, are you also an accountant? If you are not, I bet you would be a good one.

BIG19
12-08-2003, 08:46 AM
PPHSfan:
They should ride the yellow dogs to the game as a team, and then they should ride the yellow dogs back home as a team. And in between they should win a state championship. And if the town of Burnet wants to do something special. They should have a big Parade and Pancake breakfast Sunday morning when the team gets home. And then the whole town should have church together and celebrate.PPHSfan, you have the right idea. If they win, I think the celbration should start as soon as they reach the county line. No matter what time it is. For some teams/communities winning a state title has never happened. Let everyone enjoy the moment and bring um all home - on charters that is.

BIG19
12-08-2003, 08:48 AM
espn1:

29x281:

I'm guessing we'll drive home.We had no problem in Houston in 91!Correct me if I am wrong, the 91 game was in the afternoon.

olddawggreen
12-08-2003, 11:00 AM
BIG19:

espn1:

29x281:

I'm guessing we'll drive home.We had no problem in Houston in 91!Correct me if I am wrong, the 91 game was in the afternoon.The team, band, ect. stayed in Houston the night before the game.

pepboy
12-08-2003, 11:11 AM
people don't understand what makes burent great! It is great because they all stick together FOR EVERYTHING. When others start to undrstand that concept maybe they will understand why the town does so well. If ones goes they all go. it is called team work. If one stays they all stay. They are a team and the whole town has a team mentality. Other towns need to take note and copy.

BIG19
12-08-2003, 11:15 AM
olddawggreen:

BIG19:

espn1:

29x281:

I'm guessing we'll drive home.We had no problem in Houston in 91!Correct me if I am wrong, the 91 game was in the afternoon.The team, band, ect. stayed in Houston the night before the game.Thanks for setting me straight. I was already in Houston in 91.

jbulldawg
12-08-2003, 11:27 AM
bulldogmom2:
Ok...For the past few game, the band and drill team and cheerleaders were suppose to get GOOD charter busses! OK. Busses have been late, broke down, NO VCR toilets didn't flush and i know that saturday(yesterday) one bus broke down and the band cheerleader and drill team rode 2 charters busses to elgin to get the 3rd. Some kids already left that morning b/c of region tryouts. So i say give the kids the hotels because the way things have been look like they have beens screwed on good busses.AMEN, JASPER'S BAND HAD SIMILIAR SITUATION SATURDAY, THEY CHARTERED 3 BUSES, ONLY 2 SHOWED UP, 1/2 HOUR LATER THE THIRD BUS SHOWED UP ONLY TO LITERALLY HAVE THE TRANSMISSION FALL OFF THE BUS 30 MINUTES FROM JASPER. THE BAND DIRECTOR ENDED UP LOADING ALL THE KIDS OFF BUS #3 ONTO THE OTHER 2 BUSES, WHICH LEFT KIDS SITTING ON EACH OTHERS LAPS AND IN THE ISLES OF THE BUSES. I THINK HIGH SCHOOL BANDS ARE IMPORTANT TO THE ENTIRE FOOTBALL COMMUNITY AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH ! :)

PAINTBALL
12-08-2003, 12:50 PM
pepboy:
people don't understand what makes burent great! It is great because they all stick together FOR EVERYTHING. When others start to undrstand that concept maybe they will understand why the town does so well. If ones goes they all go. it is called team work. If one stays they all stay. They are a team and the whole town has a team mentality. Other towns need to take note and copy.Although my son is a football player, the concept of only putting the football team in a hotel Saturday Night never crossed my mind. All the kids participating should receive the same benefits. The issue really isn't about the game because we are all going to Irving Saturday. We are talking about whether or not we should put the kids and parents on the road so late. Fans without kids participating can make their own decision on whether to come back or stay. The decision on whether we parents can stay or not is up to our Aministrators. I agree, it's all or none.
Whatever the decision we will all do what we need to do without complaint. I was just curious on whether or not people felt my desire to put the kids in a hotel was selfish or not. I see where the vote is about 2-1 in favor of a hotel. :D :D

<small>[ December 08, 2003, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

dawgmeister
12-08-2003, 10:24 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 29x281:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had no problem in Houston in 91!

Correct me if I am wrong, the 91 game was in the afternoon.

The team, band, ect. stayed in Houston the night before the game. I was in the band in 91. We got up to the band hall at 5:30 that Saturday morning and drove to Houston for the afternoon game. It was flooding, and we passed many cars up to their roofs in water in the median. The school only paid for the team to get a good nights sleep in '91.
If anything has changed in Burnet, it's the attitude that any one organization is more important than the other. NOW WE ARE A TEAM! At the game Saturday when the team was losing focus and patience, so was the crowd! When the 3rd qtr. started, the band got back in the stands and started playing, and the drill team started yelling: ESPECIALLY WHEN JASPER HAD THE BALL ON OFFENSE AT THE BANDS' END OF THE FIELD! This didn't stop until the the game was over and team on the field had won! The administration and parents consider everything its students are involved in at the game as a package deal: they treat everyone involved like winners! ONE TEAM, ONE TOWN, ONE HEARTBEAT, BABY!!
The football team, band drill team and cheerleaders are all going to go eat steak together after the game, and then pile back onto the CHARTER BUSES and drive back to Burnet! We'll get in around 4:30am, and the whole town will be loud and awake to welcome us home! BURNET; YOU GOTTA' LOVE IT!! :cool: :cool:

Burnet Dawg06
12-08-2003, 11:08 PM
So they arn't spending the night?

Bell_06
12-08-2003, 11:10 PM
Great to hear all the support for the band and drill teams... Those kids are REQUIRED to continue to participate in halftime shows and rehersals for as long as the football team is in the play-offs. To leave them out of any aspect of the rewards would be discriminatory... Bad enough that Bellville has for several years provided a charter bus for ONLY the football team. Band and drill team are forced to ride on the "looser cruiser" That division has been approved and supported wholeheartedly by Bellville Superintendent and Athletic Director.

weatherag07
12-08-2003, 11:18 PM
dawgmeister:

quote:
Originally posted by 29x281:

We had no problem in Houston in 91!

Correct me if I am wrong, the 91 game was in the afternoon.

The team, band, ect. stayed in Houston the night before the game. I was in the band in 91. We got up to the band hall at 5:30 that Saturday morning and drove to Houston for the afternoon game. It was flooding, and we passed many cars up to their roofs in water in the median. The school only paid for the team to get a good nights sleep in '91.
If anything has changed in Burnet, it's the attitude that any one organization is more important than the other. NOW WE ARE A TEAM! At the game Saturday when the team was losing focus and patience, so was the crowd! When the 3rd qtr. started, the band got back in the stands and started playing, and the drill team started yelling: ESPECIALLY WHEN JASPER HAD THE BALL ON OFFENSE AT THE BANDS' END OF THE FIELD! This didn't stop until the the game was over and team on the field had won! The administration and parents consider everything its students are involved in at the game as a package deal: they treat everyone involved like winners! ONE TEAM, ONE TOWN, ONE HEARTBEAT, BABY!!
The football team, band drill team and cheerleaders are all going to go eat steak together after the game, and then pile back onto the CHARTER BUSES and drive back to Burnet! We'll get in around 4:30am, and the whole town will be loud and awake to welcome us home! BURNET; YOU GOTTA' LOVE IT!! :cool: :cool: Ha ha...that's what I thought they should do! Naw, they took us for steak after at least one game last year...that's good.

DawgMaw02
12-09-2003, 01:32 AM
I have it on good authority that they are staying. I for one, after thinking about it, wish they would come home to a wide awake town, cheering them on, win or lose. Pancake breakfast and fellowship, sounds like a GREAT plan. But, not gonna happen. :cool:

PAINTBALL
12-09-2003, 09:56 AM
DawgMaw02:
I have it on good authority that they are staying. I for one, after thinking about it, wish they would come home to a wide awake town, cheering them on, win or lose. Pancake breakfast and fellowship, sounds like a GREAT plan. But, not gonna happen. :cool: They're coming home after the game. Let's bring the STATE CHAMPS home in style. I for one plan on following the bus home and welcoming them home in style. Let's have fun on this trip.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_105.gif

pepboy
12-09-2003, 10:23 AM
I know for a fact that Burnet IS NOT STAYING THE NIGHT!!! sorry to dissapoint all you dawg fans!

PAINTBALL
12-09-2003, 11:16 AM
pepboy:
I know for a fact that Burnet IS NOT STAYING THE NIGHT!!! sorry to dissapoint all you dawg fans!No disappointment here. The way the School Board, the Administration, Coach Shipley, and Mr. Lewis handled the question was outstanding. I understand that the School Board left the question up to Coach Shipley and Mr. Lewis(band director) and agreed to provide the funds if they wanted to spend the night. I don't know how Mr. Lewis made his decision, but I understand Coach Shipley let the captains have major imput in the decision. They all decided they wanted to come on home. What a great way for the decision to be made.
:D :D :D :D

Phil C
12-09-2003, 11:22 AM
Very good Paintball. Hopefully Burnet will win but no matter what I know the town will show up and give them a well deserved welcome home in great style whether they win or loss. Hopefully we can get a state championship for region 4. Go Burnet!

pepboy
12-09-2003, 12:08 PM
Where do you get your info PAINTBALL? The band had no say regarding staying the night or going home. If someone told you that they are lying to you.

bd0707
12-09-2003, 12:18 PM
pepboy, reread paintball's post. He said he did not know how Mr. Lewis made his decision.

pepboy
12-09-2003, 01:17 PM
How he made the decision was easy. It wasn't his to make. No one gave him the authority to make or decide wheatear to spend the night or not. In other words he had no say. He might have spoke his opinion but that is all. The people on the school board made the final say.

DawgMaw02
12-09-2003, 01:47 PM
PAINTBALL:

DawgMaw02:
I have it on good authority that they are staying. I for one, after thinking about it, wish they would come home to a wide awake town, cheering them on, win or lose. Pancake breakfast and fellowship, sounds like a GREAT plan. But, not gonna happen. :cool: They're coming home after the game. Let's bring the STATE CHAMPS home in style. I for one plan on following the bus home and welcoming them home in style. Let's have fun on this trip.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_105.gifWell, my child was told they would be staying, then today was told that plans had changed. Sorry for my mistake and for them changing their minds after saying the kids would stay. I'll be following those busses and welcoming home our kids, win or lose.

PAINTBALL
12-09-2003, 02:34 PM
DawgMaw02:

PAINTBALL:

DawgMaw02:
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_105.gifWell, my child was told they would be staying, then today was told that plans had changed. Sorry for my mistake and for them changing their minds after saying the kids would stay. I'll be following those busses and welcoming home our kids, win or lose.As I understand, there was no change of plans. When word got out yesterday that the School Board would fund hotel rooms many people assumed that meant they would be staying. The decision on whether to stay or come home wasn't made until last night.

Burnet Dawg06
12-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Yeah...like someone said earlier, the football team.band/drill team are all going to go eat in a steakhouse after the game then arrive back in Burnet at about 4:30am. I also heard that the Sheriff's department is making a pancake breakfast for everyone when they arrive back at home.

BHS#1
12-09-2003, 08:54 PM
I dont Think they could get the funds seeing that the Band is going on a trip to Flordia sometime this year. I think they should let everyone stay in a hotel overnight seeing as I have a niece in the Band and two of my other nieces are the JV and Varsity Cheerleader captians. :) :) :)

<small>[ December 09, 2003, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: BHS#1 ]</small>

BurnetBandRules
12-09-2003, 10:16 PM
BHS#1:
I dont Think they could get the funds seeing that the Band is going on a trip to Flordia sometime this year. I think they should let everyone stay in a hotel overnight seeing as I have a niece in the Band and two of my other nieces are the JV and Varsity Cheerleader captians. :) :) :) The Band rasised their own funds. I don't think that the school realy has much in the "pay" for our trip. We all sold things, got our goal and then the boosters supplememented it with the rest required. AND, it was announced today that we aren't staying the night. It was announced during band. We will be going to the steak house afterwards and then arriving back in Burnet to a 'Pankake Breakfast" that the sherrifs office, cecil, and various other orginizations at sponsoring. Mr. Lewis may have not been 'given' any say so but trust me, he has some impact on the decesion. I mean, there are 130+ band members and then almost 40 drill team so I think that his decision had SOMETHING to do with the outcome. Even so, they ask all of the orginizations what they would prefer, whether or not it is taken to hand. It is just the way things work in Burnet.

punt
12-09-2003, 10:48 PM
Trying to chaperone that many hs kids after a big win would be a job no one would want. The administration made the right decision to bring them home. I think the risks would just be too great to the school district.