PDA

View Full Version : 2-3A Playoff Race

bearcat1
10-30-2001, 12:16 AM
At this point there is a 3way tie for 1st between Muleshoe, Littlefield and Shallowater. Shallowater beat Muleshoe but lost to Littlefield, who lost to Muleshoe. Going on point differential as follows...I think the most points a team can get is 14 (could be wrong but that's what I think it is)..in head to head matchups it is: Muleshoe with +13, then Shallowater breaking even at 0, and finally Littlefield with -13. Littlefield goes D1, with Muleshoe getting the top seed in D2 and Shallowater taking second. That sets up Muleshoe with Childress, the lower D2 team from district 1-3A. With Shallowater getting Sanford Fritch, and Perryton going D1 against Littlefield.

[This message has been edited by bearcat1 (edited October 29, 2001).]

Da Mules
10-30-2001, 08:21 PM
You're correct, Traci, except that it is currently a 4-way tie for 1st place. Cooper is also 2-1 in district, having lost only to Muleshoe. They still have to play Shallowater and Littlefield. Muleshoe has Roosevelt (1-2) and Dimmitt (0-3) I think that Littlefield and Shallowater will both beat Cooper, and your projected playoff brackets will hold. But what do I know--I figured Muleshoe was gonna plaster Shallowater!