PDA

View Full Version : Could Bellville go Div I???

Matthew328
10-27-2003, 11:14 AM
There is an outside shot that Bellville could be Div I.....if Columbus can knock off Navasota in Week 10 then Bellville would become the Div I rep in 23-3A...likely not to happen..but Columbus has been known to pull an upset or two....man what a juciy semi-final..Bellville vs Burnet..likely won't happen...but ya never know!

Bellville22
10-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Matt: it is a possibility. Columbus has a great defense, capable of slowing down the Rattler's O. They also get them in Columbus, which is not a fun place to play. I don't think, however, that the Cards can put up enough points against Navasota. Will probably be a low scoring game, but I think Navasota will have too many athletes in the end, and come out on top. And lets not forget, should Columbus sneak up on Sealy, and then lose to Navasota, and Sealy loses to Bellville, it gets mighty interesting...again. Sealy, Navasota, and C-town would all be 3-2, perhaps another coin flip eek! . It's possible, but I think highly unlikely.

fullhouse
10-27-2003, 11:29 AM
ugh ! I shudder just thinking about it. I have confidence that the Tigers will take care of business this week. Columbus will be tough ~ no doubt.

Matthew328
10-27-2003, 11:37 AM
Deep down...I kinda hope Bellville goes D1...becuase I think they would give Burnet a better game than Jasper...but you are right it is unlikely

BrahmaMom
10-27-2003, 11:43 AM
My better half brought this up weeks ago... still a possibility. Even a coin flip, a terrible way to determine who goes on. Do not want Div I, but sounds like Burnet wants another shot at us. These are the Brahmas to take 'em on, IMHO. Columbus is tough at home; if Navasota has an injury or two or goes in unrealistically (I think this has cost them with Bellville and Sealy), Columbus could surprise them. Best of luck to all the teams, please, no injuries!

espn1
10-27-2003, 11:52 AM
Matthew328:
Deep down...I kinda hope Bellville goes D1...becuase I think they would give Burnet a better game than Jasper...but you are right it is unlikelyWell your question would be answered because Bellville would have to beat Jasper before they coud ever get to Burnet.

HotDawg89
10-27-2003, 12:41 PM
Matthew328:
Deep down...I kinda hope Bellville goes D1...becuase I think they would give Burnet a better game than Jasper...I'm inclined to agree. I love the close, challenging games- bring it on! That would be a fun fight start to finish!

AggieJohn
10-27-2003, 03:24 PM
liberty would love that..because if we follow like we did last year when we faced them...panthers kept up with them and got cheap shotted in the end..but i've heard their stronger...m.uch rather like to go with a la grange or something like that second round

BIG19
10-27-2003, 03:35 PM
I would love to have a second shot at Bellville. I am keeping my figers crossed (hard to type though) that this happens. All we can do is say GO COLUMBUS!

Bongo
10-27-2003, 03:47 PM
I would love Bellville to go D1, sorry Brahmamom. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. Burnet is the best in 3A.....until someone proves otherwise. I'd like our Brahmas to be the team to do it. Although, all this speculation is just putting the cart before the horse. There's a lot of work to be done.

BrahmaMom
10-27-2003, 09:25 PM
Bongo, Raiders96 set me straight. This IS the team to do it, take Bellville all the way. Y'all are right, it just makes me more nervous.

Footballfan25
10-27-2003, 10:48 PM
explayer2001:
liberty would love that..because if we follow like we did last year when we faced them...panthers kept up with them and got cheap shotted in the end..but i've heard their stronger...m.uch rather like to go with a la grange or something like that second roundHow did you get cheap shotted in the end. Maybe they were just the better team.

AggieJohn
10-28-2003, 03:46 PM
Footballfan25:

explayer2001:
liberty would love that..because if we follow like we did last year when we faced them...panthers kept up with them and got cheap shotted in the end..but i've heard their stronger...m.uch rather like to go with a la grange or something like that second roundHow did you get cheap shotted in the end. Maybe they were just the better team.granted i've slept since then and seen a lot of football, but the way last season ended for liberty was against bellville and liberty was up by a td and was forcing bellville to punt....now the snap happened and the punter got the ball and liberty's linebacker came around and swatted the ball and i gues the line judge felt that he had hit the player and not the ball, but we all could hear his hand hit the ball and not the player...the player just did was he was supposed to and act it out....now grranted one play doens't change a team..but i think momentum shifters play huge in determining playoff games..and that was it.....liberty could of done other things of course to win it..but that was kind of cheap..but hindsight's twenty twenty and who care about last year.....i don't want to start up anything here

fbbtiny77
10-28-2003, 04:19 PM
i think it would cool if bellville played burnet again, another battle in round rock.

BurnetBandRules
10-28-2003, 05:24 PM
You know, I still remember that game in RR with Bellville! Weren't we supposed to win that one? I mean, I remember we were right at our feild goal and we initiated the play and our reciever jump on top of the pile that had accumulated of the mass of players and they called it short of the goal line! I have never seen so many dissapointed Burnet fans EVER! But, you win some and ya loose some!

DOGS1
10-28-2003, 05:30 PM
Stick to the BAND and leave the play by play to someone else. You screwed that one up real good!!!!

bbfan
10-28-2003, 08:13 PM
Just got through watching the Liberty/Bellville playoff game from last year. Was curious to see what cheap shot you were talking about since I was unable to attend the game last year. After reviewing the tape I would have to say that it was a good call. First of all the penalty came in the 3rd quarter with Bellville leading 20-14. Second it appeared that the ball went under the Liberty guy and he most definetly ran into the punter. Just my thoughts.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-28-2003, 10:23 PM
Bellville was a better team, your lucky they played a sub-par game to keep it close. That was last year, now get over it!!!!!!!

AggieJohn
10-30-2003, 04:04 PM
bbfan:
Just got through watching the Liberty/Bellville playoff game from last year. Was curious to see what cheap shot you were talking about since I was unable to attend the game last year. After reviewing the tape I would have to say that it was a good call. First of all the penalty came in the 3rd quarter with Bellville leading 20-14. Second it appeared that the ball went under the Liberty guy and he most definetly ran into the punter. Just my thoughts.like i said...it was your observation..i don't have film of the game...although i did film it for a tv station ironically....but yeah...that was last year.....i just thought the call was cheap...but then look at this year....bellville and liberty are much stronger...so if we meet..this will be a good game....battle of unbeatens most likely........anyway..formerbellvillebrahma...i could care less about starting some stupid argument...it's last years football game...it's my opinion...and let's keep it at that...whatever you think about your team is great...whatever i think about liberty is my business but don't criticize me because i'm making a observation...like i said in the beginning i've slept since then....i don't really care.....

AggieJohn
10-30-2003, 04:05 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Bellville was a better team, your lucky they played a sub-par game to keep it close. That was last year, now get over it!!!!!!!oh and i definately remember it not being sub-par performance...we got burned and burnt yall equally...it was two good teams and bellville came out on top...get over it...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-30-2003, 10:23 PM
How would you know if it were a sub-par performance by Bellville, did you follow Bellville every game? If you did you would know Bellville played a sub-par game. Who are you to say Bellville did not play a sub-par game, when you dont follow them? And by the way you started this by saying it was CHEAP the way Bellville won the game. Now you get over it!!! :mad:

AggieJohn
10-31-2003, 01:31 AM
yeah...well flip that coin....look how liberty came about it...they started out the year like O'fer till about the fourth game....then finished in the playoffs....then shocked the region by going out of the first round and making it too the second ...the fact remains, liberty came ready and bellville came ready..it's the playoffs, you don't just not come ready....i never wanted to argue over a simple observation....get over it

SintonFan
10-31-2003, 03:43 AM
Without a doubt if Bellville went div. 1 it could change who is crowned state title in div. 1 and div. 2.