PDA

View Full Version : How far will Greenwood go in playoffs?

Greenwoodbro
11-03-2003, 01:38 PM
Greenwoods team is made up with good athletes,and plenty of playmakers,the seniors on this team r going to give it all they got. But i think the coaches need to come with some game plans, cause if any other group of coaches had these kids believe me the would have a couple of state rings on their fingers!!!!!!!

pero chato
11-03-2003, 01:52 PM
That's pretty harsh stuff about the Greenwood coaching staff. There are too many factors in a team's success to blame it all on the coaches. Sometimes something as "subtle" as an offensive lineman or two. Anyway, I'm sure there are other programs in the state who would love to have the Greenwood staff.

Jacket2000
11-03-2003, 01:55 PM
So, Im guessin' that the trip to the state finals last year had nothing to do with the coaches?
J2K

Ranger Mom
11-03-2003, 02:18 PM
Greenwoodbro, do you even play football??

Or....should I re-phrase it, did you even play football??

Your post a couple of months ago about the Ballinger QB being your cousin gave you away. I knew immediately who you were then.....Thomas P.

We have had 1 change in the coaching staff since last year. One coach left and another one came in.

All the coaches can do is COACH, it's up to the boys to PLAY!!!

So in saying that, I will once again revert back to my favorite quote:

HARD WORK and HUSTLE will beat TALENT, when TALENT won't WORK HARD and HUSTLE!!!

Curly
11-03-2003, 02:21 PM
Wow
thank you Ranger mom!
Sounds like parents and coaches in Midland are holding kids accountable for thier actions, some folks don't like that.....

Bandera YaYa
11-03-2003, 02:24 PM
You go Girl!!! :D

Greenwoodbro
11-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Defenses wins games and championships, and Greenwood lost that coach the almost won it.

vet93
11-03-2003, 03:19 PM
I can't let you get away with this statement. I am sure that you may not understand yet what it takes to win a championship. Sometimes there is a fine line between losing in the first round and going all of the way. Ask the teams that got beat by Greenwood the last few years if their coaching was good and you will get a resounding YES. Things like injuries, attitudes, luck or lack there of have alot to do with the success of a team. I have seen Greenwood play more times than most of the people in the state other than the greenwood supporters and they have a wonderfully talented group of kids...however, I can name several teams that were more talented and didn't make it to the state finals game....so the coaching has to have something to do with it don't you think?

Greenwoodbro:
Greenwoods team is made up with good athletes,and plenty of playmakers,the seniors on this team r going to give it all they got. But i think the coaches need to come with some game plans, cause if any other group of coaches had these kids believe me the would have a couple of state rings on their fingers!!!!!!!

Greenwoodbro
11-03-2003, 03:32 PM
I didnt mean to dog the coaches, i was just saying that monohans game they came unprepared, yes they do have a winning record, and also they coaches should have been prepared on that that last kick off against ballinger. That kind of reminded me of the mhs state game. The coaches r doing a decent job of coaching, but who am i to be judging the coaches! What i say is what i hear.

BigChamp05
11-03-2003, 06:54 PM
Last year Greenwood was our toughest game, by far. They were incredibly well coached. And talent can take you a far way though. I look to see Greenwood in the finals or semis this year. Good luck.