PDA

View Full Version : GOW Argyle @ Waco LaVega

Wayne
09-04-2019, 05:05 AM
Who you got? I’m taking Argyle in this one. No rain in the forecast.

Bosqueville
09-04-2019, 08:12 AM
I'm taking Argyle. La Vega sounded like they were very sloppy and the 28-14 win was less than impressive against Medina Valley.

d0tc0m
09-04-2019, 09:17 AM
I agree with both the above assessments. Argyle has so many weapons, it's crazy. La Vega will probably out-athlete Argyle, but I think the Eagles will be better prepared and suited for this matchup at this point in the season. Come December, though, who knows. But we're a long way from that.

Wayne
09-04-2019, 02:25 PM
You hit nail on the head last week.

solocam
09-04-2019, 06:51 PM
Argyle wins it

d0tc0m
09-05-2019, 08:33 AM
You hit nail on the head last week.

Just didn't see a way for Stephenville to keep that one close. And honestly, from what I've heard, the game wasn't even as close as the score looked.

For this week, I honestly think Argyle could win by two possessions. I just think they're a little bit further along in development at this point, than La Vega probably is. Either way, great test for both teams. So long as both sides stay healthy, I don't see any negative impact of playing a brutal pre-district game like this. These two teams won't face anyone else as good as each other until .... perhaps they face each other again. Although, for Argyle, I think Paris will at least be comparable.

Wayne
09-05-2019, 08:46 PM
I’m impressed with what Paris has done. Very good football team.