PDA

View Full Version : Fun Fact

cougartino
08-30-2019, 11:33 PM
La Marque is 17-18 since the merger with TCISD... unacceptable!!!

Well, at least for the former LM folks it is. The folks over on the east side down Palmer Highway are glad of the results.

Necked
08-31-2019, 12:45 AM
Of course, the most important question is how is the band doing?

cougartino
08-31-2019, 04:52 AM
Of course, the most important question is how is the band doing?

I borrowed that statement from another fan. The football is just a microcosm of how the people in the community feel. There was bad blood for years between the LM and Texas City communities. I understand why the TEA mandated the merger. But I also understand why the people in LM have a blatant distrust the TC folks will do what's in the LM folks' best interests. You you mentioned the band. Since the merger they changed the style of the band and many of the kids in LM want no part of it. The same occurred with the drill team. In other words, what they've done is strip the LM side of some of the culture that made up it's identity to make it identical with the TC side. Even though the communities are separated by 4 miles, they couldn't be any more different. The folks in LM feel they have no input. I don't know if you're aware of this, but the current head coach has been at LM for 2 years. Although there was several top candidates who applied for the job, he was a TC assistant not on anyone's radar. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he is a bad guy. But that choice and the manner it came about left the folks in LM scratching their heads with the belief TC hired him just to babysit the program until they could figure out their next move. Hence, the record remains mediocre with no change in sight. What I posted was quite mild to the sentiment of fans in the stands tonight.

Matthew328
09-01-2019, 01:05 PM
I borrowed that statement from another fan. The football is just a microcosm of how the people in the community feel. There was bad blood for years between the LM and Texas City communities. I understand why the TEA mandated the merger. But I also understand why the people in LM have a blatant distrust the TC folks will do what's in the LM folks' best interests. You you mentioned the band. Since the merger they changed the style of the band and many of the kids in LM want no part of it. The same occurred with the drill team. In other words, what they've done is strip the LM side of some of the culture that made up it's identity to make it identical with the TC side. Even though the communities are separated by 4 miles, they couldn't be any more different. The folks in LM feel they have no input. I don't know if you're aware of this, but the current head coach has been at LM for 2 years. Although there was several top candidates who applied for the job, he was a TC assistant not on anyone's radar. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he is a bad guy. But that choice and the manner it came about left the folks in LM scratching their heads with the belief TC hired him just to babysit the program until they could figure out their next move. Hence, the record remains mediocre with no change in sight. What I posted was quite mild to the sentiment of fans in the stands tonight.

JMO but the only thing keeping TCISD from just closing LaMarque is the fact that if they did that they'd go 6A