PDA

View Full Version : Go for it Jerry!

Phil C
01-28-2003, 12:55 PM
The Oakland Raiders have kicked Barret Robins off of their team and he is a great all pro! I think Jerry should grab him immediately and hire a full time phyciatrist to be with him full time to help him with his mental problems (and Jerry has the money). If Dallas had had him last year Emmitt would have easily made those extra 100 yards to get into the 1000 rushing yard goal and the Cowboys line would have been much better. I don't think there was a thing wrong with Emmitt last year but it was the line in front of him. Bill and Jerry have a great opportunity to get a good offensive lineman and they might ought to go for it. What do the rest of you think? Of course it must be kept in mind that as of right now we don't know all the facts yet which may change our minds in the future but as of right now let's get him to Dallas.

Hannibal
01-28-2003, 02:04 PM
Don't the Cowboys already have a player with the same problem he does?

rholl
01-28-2003, 03:16 PM
not anymore....I think it was Demetrius Underwood.....and he ultimately proved to be too much of a distraction to be on Cowboys.....he had several incidents even while playing and soon after being released.

turbostud
01-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Emmitt will probably be in Tampa Bay next year. If he is going to resort to a back up role I dont know why he would do it in Dallas.

<small>[ January 28, 2003, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: turbostud ]</small>

ktown
01-29-2003, 09:31 AM
I dont know how true it is, but I just read that emmitt was traded to the panthers for a 2nd & a 4th round pick. Again this could be just a rumor.

crzyjournalist03
01-29-2003, 09:40 AM
The Cowboys WILL get offensive line help this offseason. I think they should consider Robins, but at the same time, center was not the weakest line spot. Gurode played decently for most of the year.