PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill @ 5A-D2 Leander Glenn

LHPfactory
08-27-2019, 07:25 AM
Friday Night Lights is upon us!!!!
Liberty Hill makes the short trip to Leander Bible Stadium to take on the Leander Glenn Grizzlies. Leander was district champs of their 5A district last fall and Liberty Hill did the same plus a state championship run to AT&T to finish runner up in 4A-D1. Last years games wasnt even close as LH destroyed Leander. LH also showed in an exclusive 5A predistrict schedule that the Slot-T works well at any level.

Its a new season, Leander is very talented and should be a great test to the reloaded Liberty Hill team. Scrimmages dont always tell the story, so this game should answer some questions for both teams. I have a hunch the LH offense will be very ball control and break Leander late in the third and the Defense is showing signs of being outstanding this fall.

I say Liberty Hill 42-7 over Leander!

LHdog
08-27-2019, 10:33 AM
This one will be closer than you think. LH does not have a Kyle Harrison this year. They lack speed from what I saw in the MF scrimmage.

panfan
08-27-2019, 01:18 PM
I haven't been keeping up who did LH scrimmage and how did they do - I saw something about brownwood, who else? Is MF marble falls?

LHPfactory
08-27-2019, 03:03 PM
I haven't been keeping up who did LH scrimmage and how did they do - I saw something about brownwood, who else? Is MF marble falls?

Panfan, Yes MF is Marble Falls.

LHDog, We dont have the break away at TB we had last year, but if penalties stay low we will control the ball and get chunks all night long (Seward has all the Jedi vision and lightning adjustment/steps Harrison did, just not as much break away) which will result in scores at the end of sustained drives.
I believe our Defense will give Leander Glenn major problems and the long LH drives will create a sense of urgency when Glenn has the ball, which we know equals big mistakes.

Leander Glenn has great athletes for sure, if we have more problems than I think then we could be exposed, but I have a very strong feeling about our Defense going into this game, I think they implode the Grizzlies.
If this is so, a Walker Slot-T with stud Seniors leads the nation(See last fall) , a Walker Slot-T with young bucks still puts up points (see this fall), history has shown this over and over.

I could be wrong on this and eat crow breakfast tacos, but I have a hunch Im not..... I know these kids very well.....

solocam
08-27-2019, 05:48 PM
Blake Simpson had more yards against Carthage than Harrison,he will be a difference maker,he has good speed also,question will be if the oline can get going.Panthers by 10,Defense seems to be strong

LHPfactory
08-28-2019, 10:05 PM
Solocam, yep Simpson is a work horse and will be a 2000 plus yard back. But Seward is gonna be big in this Offense, I know this kid well, he’s got some special mojo, and he is gonna bust that 2000 mark too. We haven’t even talked about Cearley and Robinson. The entire O line is young and getting their first Varsity start, I know these kids well also, they will be humming along in the Purple Blurr by district.

greendawg84
08-29-2019, 02:31 PM
To early in the year for Glenn to keep up with them, doubt they even practiced stopping the Slot T until yesterday. Panthers roll big.

speedbump
08-29-2019, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=greendawg84;1958211]To early in the year for Glenn to keep up with them, doubt they even practiced stopping the Slot T until yesterday. Panthers roll big.[/QUOTE

I agree. They may feel working on their own game is more important,than preparing very much for an offense they may not see again. LH won't be as good this year by a good bit ,ut they should win by 14.

LHPfactory
08-30-2019, 11:43 PM
41-13 My assessment was spot on, I know these kids well..... Just 1 blown play and a PAT off of my 42-7 prediction...