PDA

View Full Version : is it just me........................

bulldogvet85
11-25-2003, 03:46 PM
or does everyone feel the tension that keeps building between the handful of people that are still here on the board arguing over everything imaginable in the playoffs? eek! man it seems like this message board is just filled with some much tension and anger towards god knows what right now. i mean you can tell the numbers have become smaller and smaller on here as teams exit the playoffs. but I guess its true what they say that "emotions run high when the stakes get higher." i just figured I'd comment on it cuz it seems like every thread that I hope has some much hostility in it. Lets try to lighten things up a little bit, and remember that we arent the ones playing the games its the young men on the field. Lets try to support them in a positive manner and represent our communities well. We just need some stuff to laugh about on here as well. just food for thought for everyone!! :D

BulldogGrl64
11-25-2003, 03:51 PM
I agree with you bulldogvet we need some humor on here to get everyone through the playoffs. What'cha got to make us laugh? :D

dawgdad
11-25-2003, 04:28 PM
ok I hope I have something to make you laugh. Burnet OL #71 against Wharton OL #79. I thought 79 would KILL 71 he's so much bigger. No offense 79, but watching 71 push you around all night. Now that was funny.

BulldogGrl64
11-25-2003, 04:32 PM
dawgdad:
ok I hope I have something to make you laugh. Burnet OL #71 against Wharton OL #79. I thought 79 would KILL 71 he's so much bigger. No offense 79, but watching 71 push you around all night. Now that was funny.LOL Heck yeah that was funny! Never seen a big guy like that take a beating from a smaller guy! :D

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2003, 04:43 PM
Bulldogvet85, no, it is not just you. Things got very heated the last 2 or 3 days between fans of several teams. I have enjoyed this board for over a year, even when we were taking a word thrashing last year the weeks leading up to the last game of regular season. Even with all the trash talk that went on between our two towns, it never felt as tense as it has lately.

Words have been written in the heat of the moment that are very hard to understand and feelings have been hurt because of them. Trash talk and hype between fans can be a good thing if it is done in fun, but when friends and "family" are hurt because of what is written, then it should stop. Someone once said, "The pen is mightier than the sword". That has never been more true than now. Yes, this board has edit options, but many times, one is not able to edit quickly enough.

Okay, I'm stepping off my soapbox. It's time for everyone to kiss and make up. :)

dawgdad
11-25-2003, 04:52 PM
There has been SO much tension between all the fans. It's crazy! Actually, I'm looking forward to the road trip to CC. Haven't been there since I was small. Had tickets to the A&M game but, oh well. This game is going to be great and our team is taking it one game at a time. Now if we could just get the fans to have the integrity our boys do.

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2003, 05:07 PM
dawgdad, you are one of the fans with integrity and have posted with decorum. There are many more like you.

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2003, 05:32 PM
LH Panther Mom:
Trash talk and hype between fans can be a good thing if it is done in fun, but when friends and "family" are hurt because of what is written, then it should stop.

Okay, I'm stepping off my soapbox. It's time for everyone to kiss and make up. :) Sorry, but I had to stop back on. If folks do not consider the other posters on here to be friends, that is fine as most of us have never met in person and probably will not, but it is unnecessary to deliberately antagonize fellow posters. The name of the game is 3A football - support your teams, support your team mates, support your fellow fans. Let us do the same.

<small>[ November 25, 2003, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: LH Panther Mom ]</small>

zippy
11-25-2003, 05:37 PM
LH Panther Mom...I don't know if anyone has already posted this...but...when the LH score was announced at the Burnet/Wharton game...the Burnet fans cheered loud enough to be heard 2 counties away. :D

CentralTxFan
11-25-2003, 05:42 PM
zippy:
LH Panther Mom...I don't know if anyone has already posted this...but...when the LH score was announced at the Burnet/Wharton game...the Burnet fans cheered loud enough to be heard 2 counties away. :D :) :) Yep, it was THAT loud! :) :)

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2003, 06:05 PM
Thanks, folks. It's nice to have the support of our friends in Burnet. We would've cheered for you, but you hadn't started playing yet. wink