PDA

View Full Version : Yee-haw!! Muleshoe 27, Lubbock Cooper 6

Da Mules
11-02-2002, 12:05 AM
da Mules stay alive in the district 2-3A playoff race with a hard-fought 27-6 victory over Cooper. There's more to this story than the score. In the last 3 weeks, Muleshoe has lost at least 7 varsity players, including several starters. It started with a bone-headed stunt by some players who were foolish enough to break into a house for recreational purposes, and they rightfully were promptly ejected from the team. Then 2 more starters were kicked off the team after the Dimmitt loss for "hazing and inappropriate behaviour" on the bus ride home from the Dimmitt loss. Two more whiners quit the team during this past week, because their "buddies" had been booted off the team. Muleshoe fielded a team tonight consisting of a few seniors, some juniors including several who had been 2nd string, some sophomores up from JV, and 2 freshmen up from the frosh squad: these two STARTED on defense at L&R defensive backs. Those 2 almost singlehandely shut down the Cooper air attack! Cooper didn't make a single completion over these 2 freshmen. (By the way, Muleshoe has an awesome freshman team and they aim to make some noise in 3A in the next 3 years! I would also like to point out that the Freshmen beat previously undefeated Lubbock Cooper freshmen team 14-0 this week despite having their 2 best players moved up to varsity; they have swept all comers this year except for the Farwell JV.) Defense won the game tonight, and the "Quitters" have learned, to their sorrow, that they are not irreplaceable after all. Every sportswriter in the Panhandle picked Cooper to WHIP the Mules; how do you prefer your crow, Lubbock Avalance-Journal?? We are damn Proud of these Fighting Mules! And on a personal note to those who quit, I am sincerely very sorry for you....you're going to have the rest of your lives to regret this childish decision to throw away one of the best parts of your teenaged years. I wish you could take back the bad choices you made that led to that. Best wishes regardless and may God bless you all.

<small>[ November 02, 2002, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Da Mules ]</small>

Ranger Mom
11-02-2002, 09:25 AM
Wow, sounds like a good ball game! eek!

Congrats to the mules!

Da Mules
11-02-2002, 10:30 AM
Well it was definitely a good ball game for Muleshoe fans. I doubt Cooper feels that way wink They seem to be a passing team and they had a lot of trouble getting the handle in the rain and cold last night. They have some good players and coaches, and I was impressed that they didn't resort to dirty & unsportsmanlike conduct after the last Muleshoe touchdown "nailed the lid on." They just kept playing their hardest until the final buzzer; a class program with class coaches.