PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City girls & boys out after 3 rounds of diamond ball

Old Cardinal
05-17-2003, 03:47 PM
Well, last night the Girls softball team was ousted from the playoffs in the eight inning, 2-1 by Lufkin Hudson, who had not been scored upon in the Playoffs...The boys fell victim to a good Sealy team, 2-1 in this last game today of a 2 out 0f 3 series...BC's overall program went something like this-- FOOTBALL District Champs, 3 rounds in the Playoffs, Girls SOFTBALL Undefeated District Champs, 3 rounds in the Playoffs; Boys BASEBALL District Champs, 3 rounds in the Playoffs, Tennis & Golf, very high performance year,JR. HIGH-- Ninth Grade Football Undefeated District Champs;Boys Ninth grade Basketball District Champs, FOOTBALL 7th grade "A" & "B" & 8th grade "A" & "B" in football 34 wins 4 loses..I don't have the Cross Country results...7th grade Boys & Girls and 8th grade boys & girls were the four District Track Champs.... JR. VARSITY Boys Football & Baseball Jr. Varsity, Girls Softball Jr. Varsity- all had good winning seasons....We all would appreciate hearing of the overall School program results across the State for various School Districts, as the school year draws to a close... Will you please share this info here?

PPHSfan
05-17-2003, 05:01 PM
U forgot about basketball :p

FBmania
05-17-2003, 09:03 PM
Sorry!

<small>[ May 17, 2003, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: FBmania ]</small>

FBmania
05-17-2003, 09:06 PM
FBmania:
Congrats on a great season to your Cards, Old Cardinal. I was expecting to see you guys,if we were fortunate enough to get to the R-III finals. Well how about you and Sounthern Thunder helping us out with fan support? We would appreciate any of support we could get. Hats off to BC and Jasper and all of the other teams who made the playoffs!:

Old Cardinal
05-17-2003, 09:13 PM
I have no problem supporting BH in this Region III finale...I think that Coach Byrd is a class act down at BH. I said you would win over La Grange easily, but they were a little better than I anticipated...I don't know about Jasper, they seem to not stay "up" for the big ones-Baseball, Football, State Track, etc: They certainly have some of the best athletes around however...

BH_146
05-18-2003, 09:59 AM
Old Cardinal, I want to congratulate my almamater on an excellent year in athletic and academic competition. (BC took academic sweepstakes at Regionals. Strong Math and Science teams.) Here is a breakdown of the varsity team results at Barbers Hill: Football-District Champs, Volleyball(1st year)- 2 rounds in playoffs(lost 3 set match to #4 Manor). Boys and Girls Cross Country-District Champs, Boys Basketball- 2 rounds in playoffs(lost to Hempstead), Girls Basketball- 2 rounds in playoffs, Boys and Girls Tennis-District Champs (Took all but one spot to regionals), Boys and Girls Track- District Champs, Softball- 2 rounds in the playoffs, Baseball-District Champs (Undefeated, 1st time in school history) and ? rounds in the playoffs. Academically, BH-District Champs (more than double 2nd place), One Act Play- State Champs. Our subvarsity teams all had outstanding seasons. Listing them individually would have made my post kinda long.

Congrats to all the athletes because I believe you are a winner when you put your heart into it. And to seniors, thanks for your committment. Because of you we can enjoy the fruits of your efforts. Remember to take this same attitude into the job world and you will live a much happier life.

Old Cardinal
05-18-2003, 10:06 AM
That is a great report BH-146, thanks for sharing with us!... Any one else was to share a sumation of their HS's activities?

Old Cardinal
05-18-2003, 04:08 PM
To PPHS: We did not place in basketball, I think we have had 4 Coaches in four years...Besides, "Bump and Bang Ballet" gets in the way of preseason baseball and softball preparation..Oh, yes the Cross Country placed 5th in State level 3A, and the Jr. Hi. Cross Country won every event that they entered. The HS track team placed 3rd in the District....PPHS tell us about Pilot Point, I see the Girls did quite well in Softball.

BH_146
05-18-2003, 10:12 PM
Old Cardinal, I forgot to add that for the first time in school history, we had a swimmer advance to the state meet competing in the Class 4A division. Though he may not read this board, I would be remiss to leave his accomplishment out.

repeat2002
05-20-2003, 11:28 AM
Excellent post - One that is worth a lot of replies
Decatur Success
Football - District Champs - 3 rounds in the play-offs
Cross Country - Girls and Boys - District Champs - Regional and State Qualifiers - Girls and Boys
Basketball - Girls and Boys - District Champs - Girls Regional Semi-Finalists - Boys Regional Finalists
Baseball - 3 rounds in the play-offs
Softball - District Champs - 3 rounds in the play-offs
UIL Academics - District Champs
Track - Girls and Boys - District Champs - Regional and State Qualifiers
Tractor Restoration - Grand Champions - National Qualifiers
I am sure there is more - just the ones I could think of
Decatur, Texas - a great to place to live

BH_146
05-20-2003, 02:37 PM
You are right. Perhaps this information should be in a separate topic? Should we start a Your School's Year in Review topic?